Stuck on loading zone resources...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by hooks85, Jan 20, 2018.

1. hooks85 New Member

I've tried to completely remove the game and reinstall which did not fix the issue. Goes through loading process and gets stuck at 99% and appears as if its trying to load the last 1kb of data.

I changed to test server and was able to create a new character and log in fine but cannot zone in on any of my existing toons on Skyfire or Antonia Bayle.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

I would really open a support ticket if I were you.

I will ask some questions that I guess could help.
    1. Are your existing toons all in a certain zone?
    2. If you create a new character can you log them in (on Skyfire/Antonia Bayle)?
    3. Have you tried moving the current eq2 folder and re-installing? (Could be UI data or something)
    4. Do you get an error message or is it just stuck, and what is it?
    5. What is your OS? 7? 10?
    6. Maybe do a chkdsk on your drive with eq2 on it, could be a bad sector or file system issue that if it were to try to read the file it wouldn't be able to.
    7. When you are stuck at the loading screen, does your hard disk make abnormal sounds (this does not apply if you have an SSD) if you put your ear near to where it is in your computer (trying to re-read something sounds sorta like the little motor restarting; other strange noises are like when the reading arm hits the cylinder in the middle).
    8. Are you using the full install as opposed to the streaming client? (Open Launcher -> Advanced Settings -> Select Game Version -> Click on the Download Full Game checkbox (if you are using the full version this checkbox will not show)
    MightOfOaks likes this.
  3. hooks85 New Member

My 2 alts who were previously not able to login can now login after repeated tries. Still unable to log in to my main. There were all attempting to zone different places. My main was currently attempting to zone into The Silent City. I have completly removed the eq2 folder and reinstalled. Had to reset UIs and everything once alts could finally log in.

WIN 10. No abnormal sounds, no error messages. Streaming client.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

I would recommend switching to full client, you will more than likely see most of you problems go away.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. hooks85 New Member

Thanks, I am in the process of downloading the full client now. I got 50% done with the 20GB download and decided to try to login again. This time it gave an error message, "Failed to create zone" and crashed. I resumed the full download and will keep my fingers crossed that resolves it. Few more hours of waiting...
  6. Hotlipth Member

I'm having a similar issue except it get's stuck and crashes on "creating entities".
    Doesn't get to character screen.
    Submitted support ticket, they requested my DxDiag and MSInfo files....still waiting for fix.
  7. hooks85 New Member

And after long awaited download time, my problems are solved. Using the full client did indeed fix everything. Thanks.
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
  9. MightOfOaks New Member

Can we sticky this? I am a returning player and almost got turned away because of the constant crashing from the streaming client. Now that I found this and able to download the full game I will likely subscribe for a few months to get my EQ fix.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

I think a better approach would be to remove the streaming client as the default option, but that is just me.
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

i've had this happen to me trying to zone into places where nobody had been for awhile - The Ruins for example. self-corrected after a patch