Stuck in The Caves (Qeynos)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by bookmarked, May 8, 2021.

1. bookmarked Member

I'm stumped. I'm doing The Caves quest chain and I got to "High Shaman of the Rockpaw" and I put the staff in the dragon skull, the staff appears, little piles of humanoid skulls appear on the ground around it, and flames appear under the dragon skull and in it's eyes and then - nothing. If I touch the skull again, it tells me that I need the staff, so I go back and ask for the staff again, repeat the process, and again nothing happens. What have I done wrong this time?

Also, anyone know how to get to the unearthed diamond at location -26.44 12.59 -69.23 1.02 0.00 0.00 ? The only thing I can figure out is if I had a flying mount, but I'm not high enough level for one of those yet.

[IMG]
    Wulfen likes this.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You didn't do anything wrong with the High Shaman quest, it bugged out on you. You can't reach the diamond standing on the edge of the waterfall? You might have to get creative with your parkour. I think it's just a markable object.
  3. Wulfen Active Member

I take screenshots of all the markable objects (sometimes known as 'kilroy' objects) I come across, and save them to a file. Saving space, the sceenshots only include the object name, which of my characters was here, game location and the coordinates. My Main writes these down in books, but for this one she only wrote the words "Very hard to see, targetable from a difficult spot, an almost impossible distance". Fortunately the compilation screenshot shows "An unearthed diamond... <......> was here...The Caves...-27, 12, -74". Game font, color, and message framing are all just like that of any other markable object and irrefutable, not pasted in except for joining in the navigation information. I don't use the camera viewpoint, so that may vary.
    Here's a reminder... You can be a Lowbie. Higher level doesn't affect this. And flight is banned at any rate in this zone. Prehensile toes and determination.... perhaps lead to success.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  4. bookmarked Member

So the problem with the High Shaman quest is a bug? Or is it more of a temporary thing?

Thanks!
  5. bookmarked Member

Thanks for the info on the diamond, I should have recognized that it was just a markable object. I did try to drop down on it from above, but I couldn't catch the small ledge just below it. Not worth the effort right now but maybe I'll come back to it later if I come up with something creative.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

Do that part again if you can, then wait around for the High Shaman to spawn. He is on a placeholder timer and is also up when you're not on the quest, so someone may have killed him. Just keep clearing that area on top of the skull *after* you've done the click the skull part. Killing Zen'Durath will update the quest, not the clicking.
    Hartsmith and Finora like this.