Fixed Internally Stuck at lower ethereal coin amount due to coin grant bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dracks, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Dracks Member

Hey all,

My wife and I completed a solo weekly on Thursday after midnight, before noon. Therefore, we got a set of coins given to us by the scripts/grants called out in this message on Discord:

Based on the many reports, petitions, DMs, and PMs from those of you who have invested in this game and the community, please know that we had a technical issue with the Ethereal-week switch-over yesterday morning that caused the weekly Ethereal amounts to not increment properly at 12:01 a.m.—as it should have. We have since corrected the issue and have recently completed sending grants to the players who completed qualifying missions from 12:01 a.m. to 11:06 a.m.

However, this appears to have left us in a bugged state. Several of my guildmates, who are also members, got to reach level 7 on their adornment this week - functionally, 1000 coins (100 for adorn, 6*150 = 900 for level-ups of the adorn). My wife and I are both stuck with 24 coins less than this amount - we both have adorns at L6 and only 126 coins, but the merchant claims we have gotten the full "500" coins for the week. I believe the issue is that we got granted 24 coins with no doubling involved, and that it counted against our quota, meaning we can't earn the last 12 (doubled to 24) that would have caught us up.

I've put in a petition on this, and have attempted to clarify the situation in the petition - but expect that everyone that did the same thing my wife and I did would be equally impacted / be unable to get to the same place as others, due to the grant script that was executed earlier this week. It'd be great if the same script could be run to grant the last coins that we're now unable to acquire, without counting further against our caps.

(My petition # is captured as Request #984324. I originally thought it was a bug with the solo quest until realizing that the merchant said I was at 500/500...)

Thanks,
    -Draks
    Beee, yerbo, Heinnidan and 8 others like this.
  2. Jiggamann Member

same exact thing happened to me
    MSG1 likes this.
  3. Ashwind Member

The whole coins system is in a mess, I have a simular issue except I am missing 48 coins (lev 6 adorn and 102 coins at the 500 cap), even though I recieved 24 coins back in the update.
    I also have seen people with level 8 adorns and coins left over, its hard to see how this can be fixed as its broken at every step it seems.
    MSG1 likes this.
  4. zzmax929 Member

Same here. Stuck on 976. completed a heroic weekly with 976 and got 0.
    MSG1 likes this.
  5. Accendo Guest

We are currently investigating an issue where account-wide Ethereal coins are not saving correctly after being granted or spent. Once we identify and deploy a fix for the underlying issue, we will address any missing Ethereal currencies that players have experienced throughout the event.
    MSG1 likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Should the folks who got *extra* coins expect them to be reconciled, or are they free to use them as they see fit?
    MSG1 likes this.
  7. MSG1 Member

last week i got capped out, then was granted the 48 coin that was lost in transit, so i was 48 over cap, this week, i did some quest til got to 152, bought lvl 8 on my adorn, just completed my EH weekly with the weekly ethereal quest and got 0 coin, im capped out, seems i should of been able to earn 48 more as member but due to me getting the 48 over grant i think its blocking me up again, im owed 48 MORE coin please , Lurch on HOF
  8. MSG1 Member

still all messed up here.... 48 short of cap but blocked from getting it
  9. Miragian Well-Known Member

I don't expect this to be fixed for weeks, we're just going to have to be patient. Before they finish investigating they will find new ways for it to get broken/out of sync/over/under cap, etc. Particularly if we get another double event in the meanwhile.
    MSG1 likes this.
  10. MSG1 Member

any chance we can get an update on when we can expect this issue to be resolved ,worked on, or even discussed by a dev?
  11. MSG1 Member

HOW!?!?!?! is this NOT the TOP priority for ALL devs to be working on ?like what the actual F!? is MORE important atm than broken caps?
  12. Loce New Member

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Only my missing is 48 coins but it says I have gotten all 500 (1000 for members).

Not sure what is meant by "we will address any missing Ethereal currencies that players have experienced throughout the event." Does that mean they may catch us up at the end of the ethereal award time?
    MSG1 likes this.
  13. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Ya'll still playing EQ2 expecting for more than a dev to make a comment in passing then vanish into thin air. Just do what you are supposed to and buy more loot crates, familiars, spell upgrades etc :p
    MSG1 likes this.
  14. MSG1 Member

sigh,,,, still stuck 48 short of actually capping my eth coin AGAIN this week...they gona owe me big chunk of eth coins when and if they can find a FIX for this bs
  15. Miragian Well-Known Member

Its possible its not a priority because its going to be less and less relevant. Sure, you can get the rewards sooner but if we're going to end up with like 500+ extra coins anyway by the end why would they care how fast it gets fixed? Also possible the problem is super complicated, or something. Just guessing.
    MSG1 likes this.
  16. MSG1 Member

17. Golum Active Member

This post is close to two weeks old. I would hate to get in trouble for another post but I must ask; what is the plan to resolve this? When will we be given an update on the problem and the solution?

I wait with bated breath...
    MSG1 likes this.
  18. Oranorn Member

Bugged here as well. Have spent 1300 coins, earned 1400 (700 max x2), and should have 100 coins by that math. Currency window only shows 52.
    MSG1 likes this.
  19. Golum Active Member

This post is close to two weeks old. I would hate to get in trouble for another post but I must ask; what is the plan to resolve this? When will we be given an update on the problem and the solution?

I wait with bated breath...
    MSG1 likes this.
  20. MSG1 Member

still......STILL!?!??!???????!