Strongest Class for a Solo Character

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Akoriv, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Akoriv Member

Since we are getting a free 95, I want a toon that I can use to grind as much top end content as possible solo.

Taking into consideration all the classes in the game, what is the current strongest class to run solo at the top end?

Is there any class that can solo grind it's way from adv solo into the contested zones and not take forever to kill names to gear up without already being raid geared?
  2. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I liked the most ( and I leveled the easiest) warden (fury too) and I also like wizard for blast nuke and crowd control :) It is not too hard to solo content with mercenaries these days :)
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

My beastlords do very well, and the pet aspect is very fun. Haven't done any advanced solos though, how do they do there?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Castegyre Well-Known Member

My personal preferences:

Defiler, Essentially unkillable when you know how to play it, but it's painfully slow without a merc.

Warden/Mystic, Both very strong and survivable while fun if you like the melee healer playstyle.

Beastlord, It is a beast.

Summoners, Both are strong and straight forward to play, but different enough to make both appealing to different people.

Crusaders, To be fair, the only tanky types I really like, but both solo very well.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hard to say just one, impossible perhaps.

Warden, I prefer my fury for playstyle but some folks love wardens. They do very well, I love my fury and the monk merc. Defiler is super sturdy.

Sis swears by necro and sk.

Berserker at end game is so much fun.

Ok I'm so not helping lol...
  6. Akoriv Member

My current toon is an SK. It's great on packs of trash, but I find it takes forever to kill a named with it. That's main reason I'm looking for something that can solo and kill at a faster pace.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

So basically single focus and light on aoe?
  8. Akoriv Member

Basically something that can run solo and has good single target kill times. If it's light on AoE but has enough DPS, I'm sure I can single target burn the trash I can't avoid.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hmm...how do you feel about rangers and casters?
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Really, the only character I don't like to take solo is my Templar. Everything else is totally viable. Well, still not sure what a channeler is, but everything but those two can work.
  11. Akoriv Member

I'm not too fond of casters. I've no issues with rangers. Other than a BL, how are Rangers and Assassins for soloing?
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

With a merc, pretty much any class can solo.
  13. Akoriv Member

Yeah, so? I can solo on my SK, but I lack the kill speed to make soloing viable in heroic contested zones. I want something that is viable for soloing the heroic contested zones if possible, and that's not just anything. Even with a merc the yard trash names in Heroic Zek will kill my SK before I can burn them down. They have too many HP to burn through, and an SK lacks the DPS power to burn them down before the merc goes spacey and I get dead.

If it's not a heroic contested zone, with an SK, there's not much I need a merc for other than a scripted joke of fight that requires cleansing of some sort to avoid a moronic insta-death that some lacking designer thought was a good challenge.
  14. Dielace New Member

I am trying to decide between my Channeler and Paladin to make a 95. Have the Shadowknight, Inquisitor, Defiler, Necromancer and Templar for level 95 on various accounts. (Needed 3 accounts back when I played SWG just to feed my altaholic urges with the tight limits on characters per server.)

Shadowknight worked great leveling to 95 pretty much solo and Duo only.

The Inquisitor I just used an old level 90 heroic token and never got the Heroic Crate for the gear on so she needs some gear to see how she does at 95.
  15. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've heard of people soloing GU100 contested dungeons like Zek, Fabled CT, & Fabled RoV, but I'm guessing they're not "fresh" 100s, but rather well-raid-geared.

I could be wrong, & if so would welcome being corrected.
  16. Akoriv Member

I 'm not looking to solo Zek with a fresh 100. I'm looking to grind up in stages. Do you know any class that can solo Kalet contested with just adv solo gear and not take 10-15 min to grind down a named?
  17. Nkito Well-Known Member

Beastlord
  18. Vogie Active Member

Beastlord's are very good at soloing however it doesn't just "happen". You need to level your warders up which is a painful task, once you do though soloing becomes easier than most classes. In my opinion a Necro is good for soloing add in a tank Merc and I think you would find yourself having a lot of fun.
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

You only need to level a few warders to get the primals that are "much better" than default. Getting/infusing the gear required to solo well is a whole different story.
  20. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Apologies, no I don't.