Strikethrough.....

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by The Voodoo Cowboy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. The Voodoo Cowboy New Member

Good day my fellow scouts. Been browsing the forums for years and posting for the 1st time.

I've seen a couple posts in threads pertaining to the amount of strikethrough scouts should have in the KA xpac. I played around with it on my Brig (15.3k pot / 3.4k CB / 320k AB mod / 279 Resolve) and I've been running anywhere from 0-100% strikethrough and didn't notice any drastic jaw dropping differences in DPS while running KA heroics. This would lead me to believe that most or all of my attacks are getting through no matter what % strikethrough I'm at. Has anyone else messed around with this stat and have different / better results? I found a couple threads where people have said "Scouts need 100% Strikethrough" but with no real reason why or data to back it up.

I browsed around on EQ2U at a number of different high end raiding scouts and I see some running 100% strikethrough and others somewhere in the middle or little to none at all. So my confusion continues to grow.

I would love to hear your feedback on this topic and see to see if anyone has done some extensive numbers crunching on this stat.

Thanks & have a great day!
  2. Fairin Active Member

its only beneficial to get strikethrough so you never get blocked dodged or parried, in some cases (troub) my mana drain strike was being blocked 86% of the time by the slime in market, making him aoe curse and wipe repeatedly. and it was entirely my fault for not having strikethrough (note - i tank)

having 100 strikethrough means it doesnt matter which direction you melee a mob from (non flanking attacks of course) will always land (accuracy depending)
  3. The Voodoo Cowboy New Member

Does strikethrough apply to both auto attack & CA's or just auto attack?
  4. Billzbub Active Member

When KA was released, all mobs suddenly had the ability to block your attacks even from behind. Scouts saw the low hit rates and reforged to 100% strikethrough to get around it.

About two weeks ago, they fixed a separate issue where the system used your primary target's orientation to decide whether you were behind your implied target, and it seems like that fix also fixed the strikethrough problem.

We tested it in a raid last night when one of our scouts had very low strikethrough. His hit rate was up in the high 90s for both trash and nameds. I believe the strikethrough issue is now resolved and it is back to its pre-KA state where you only need strikethrough if you don't spend all your time behind your target.
    The Voodoo Cowboy and Malleria like this.
  5. Fairin Active Member

it applys to CA's.. as per my post description, blockin my mana drain attack (its a combat art)

still you shouldnt be missin / gettin blocked. its an easy stat to cap.
    The Voodoo Cowboy likes this.
  6. The Voodoo Cowboy New Member

Thanks for the info!
  7. Entropy Well-Known Member

The bugged use of implied target would make sense as to why this was happening. Has this been extensively tested now to confirm that we don't need strikethrough anymore? I was the original advocate for 100% scout strikethrough but I'll be more than happy to back off of that if it was only necessary due to a bug.
  8. olleran Active Member

I was under the impression ( perhaps wrongly ) that strikethrough was only required for brawler mobs
  9. Billzbub Active Member

I don't know of anyone who has extensively tested it yet. However, since many of our other melee stats are fairly worthless now, I don't see any harm in keeping strikethrough at 100% for those times when you can't get behind your target.
  10. kluxor Well-Known Member

Personally never put anything into strikethrough and never had an issue
  11. Azian Well-Known Member

After Entropy had made the suggestion earlier in the expac I was quite skeptical but reforged into strikethrough to test the suggestion. Before that though, I added a column for hit rates into ACT and found I was down in the 93-94% range zonewide in raids. After I went to 100% strikethrough I was in the 99s for my overall hit rates. I felt it was definitely worth keeping the stat at that point. I have not reforged back OUT of strikethrough now though to see if anything has changed.
  12. Enoa Member

Did the first half of raid tonight (Kaesora) with 100% ST then reforged out of it for last half (Vaedenmoor). A couple named in each run. Basically got 100 dps mod, 1-2k ab mod and a bit more accuracy. Hit rate went from 98% to 97% roughly ZW. I'm assuming there was a few adds on dps facing me to make up the difference.

At beginning of expac was using concealment so misses during FFU were certainly noticeable till I went with 100% ST. However, now I'm dual spec after hitting CB cap going right. For named fights:

Kaesora (100% ST)
    Chomp: 100% hit rate with melee and abilities (exception POM, field commanders charge and bloodoaked frenzy)
    Valigez: 100% hit rate with melee and abillites (except POM etc)

Vaedenmoor (0% ST)
    Anaheed: 99% hit rate (913/922) for melee; 100% for most abilites (immune add got pulled in so few aoe's missed)
    Hobgoblin: 95.6% hit rate (parries / blocks from named but we drag the named to the cage so i did throw a few ca's/ swings getting back behind him which accounts for the difference)

Not really conclusive and i haven't dug up old logs but pre-100% ST i swear some zones i was in the 80% running my accuracy higher than I do now.

Biggest barrier is still lag during FFU chain. I can usually hit 5/5 but hitting 7/7 is near impossible. Some fights (like Chomp when adds are up) I'm lucking to get 3/5 backattacks in with IPS
  13. Entropy Well-Known Member

It seems that the brawler flagged mobs are mostly in heroics. That's why we were noticing it early in the xpac. Raid mobs are usually not flagged as such.
  14. kluxor Well-Known Member

agree mostly on this, but what i personally like doing is preemptively casting the blues in anticipation of the fervor proc. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt....but nearly impossible to get all attacks off in a fervor proc window.
  15. Enoa Member

89% hit rate for melee in crypt zw (though was missing a dirge). 3 avoided FFU's on Gorius the Gray (took 4 pulls :( ) standing behind him. Reforging back to strikethrough for what it's worth.