Strikethrough and Wards

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Vulnere, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Vulnere Active Member

Hi,

could someone please educate me on this topic?

I play a mystic, but templars have wards too. I'm just looking for information.

I've read that newer content bosses strikethrough wards, making them mostly useless.

I understand that non-warders had their feelings hurt for a long time, and the dev's wanted
    to throw them a bone... also I suppose dev's thought that warding was semi-trivializing
    some content.

Be that as it may.. (I think healing is completely broken.. and it's not enjoyable anymore.. i used to love to heal
    as a warden/inquisitor back 8 years ago before I quite and came back recently). But that's not the topic
    here really.

My mystic hasn't encountered any issues healing T1 and T2 POP heroics... the wards seem to trivialize the content.

Can someone tell me where this effect occurs specifically (raids...) and just how bad it is? How are
    mystics in raiding more recent content? Mine just needs to upgrade his fabled to an epic 2.0 and he
    has the bauble.. I"m wondering whether I even want to heal anymore...on a raid level at least.

Thanks for education/input.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Please don't 'blame' non-warders for bleedthrough.. many of use argued AGAINST IT when they introduced the idea, before they implemented it.
    The devs have long struggled with the very concept of healer balance and bleedthrough was one of their (misguided and failed in my opinion) attempt at that balance.
  3. Vulnere Active Member

I'm not blaming non-warders and if it came across that way, I apologize. My first character in EQ1 was a druid,
    and i LOVE HOT healing..I really enjoyed healing for years..

but yes, healing is now horribly implemented.

I'm looking for specifics on ward-strike through, so I can decide if I want to raid my mystic or not.
    quisling and Mermut like this.
  4. Kari Well-Known Member

I have only raided T1 mobs this expac, but so far the bleedthrough hasn't been too severe. You will need to keep multiple wards layered instead of just putting up one and keeping an eye on when it expires.

Looking at my parse from last night, I didn't see anything higher than 50% bleedthrough. Last expac some of the expert raids were running 80% bleedthrough, which is probably why this feels more comfortable. I suspect the higher tiers will have more bleedthrough, but so far so good.
  5. Vulnere Active Member

Thank you very much; that's the info I was looking for.
    My main (an Illy) has raided mainly T1 too.