Streaming client vs Full

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Gorekin, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gorekin Guest

New LaunchPad 4 Installers!
    [EQII] Streaming
    [EQII] Full Assets
    [EQII] Full Assets Test

I wanted to download the full so I click Full Assets. I download it and in the game I hit f10. I saw the dino in the upper corner of my screen (which normally means I am on the streaming client not the full) So how do i download the full client?
  2. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Same thing for me. I got the full download patcher, and now I got that stupid baby dragon dancing on my screen when I launch with LP4. Is this some kind of evil plot to get everyone to use streaming client (Which NOBODY in their right mind would want) without any other options?
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

While I look in to this did your LP3 automatically upgrade or is this a fresh install using our installer links?
  4. ARCHIVED-Gorekin Guest

I talk to people in my guild and the answer seems both. My client did not auto upgrade so I had to download a fresh new launcher. I use your launcher links.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

These are the differences between the full/streaming client configuration files. Pass along this info and let me know if changing the configuration stops it from streaming or vice versa.
    LaunchPad.ini (whole file contents)
    Streaming:
    [Settings]
    digestURL=http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/launchpad/lp4/live/lp-eq2-ext.sha.soe
    appName=EverQuest II
    appIcon=EQII.ico
    id=eq2
    width=915
    height=618
    options=full:0

Full Assets:
    [Settings]
    digestURL=http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/launchpad/lp4/live/lp-eq2-full.sha.soe
    appName=EverQuest II
    appIcon=EQII.ico
    id=eq2
    width=915
    height=618
    options=tcg:1,full:1
  6. ARCHIVED-Gorekin Guest

so do i just redown load the full assest again like before? What changed?
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Gorekin@Crushbone wrote:
    Edit the LaunchPad.ini file and see which configuration it is using. If its streaming and you want full, change it in the configuration file by copy and pasting the sections I have above.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

LaunchPad.ini has the proper settings for Full game (non streaming) exactly as you posted above, yet the game is STILL streaming... any suggestions?
  9. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Same here, the configuration is exactly what you say it should be for full assets, however there's still a dancing baby dragon hidden on my screen when I hit f10 in game after lauching with LP4. When I run LP1, which I've used for the past 7 years, and know is full client, it's not there. I haven't tried changing any of the configurations, cause you say they are right, but maybe I'll try changing them to streaming config, then back or something when I get back home. :(
  10. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I would make absolutely sure that the game icon you use to access the game leads to the same spot you are making and verifying the launchpad.ini contents.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sarion07 Guest

If you are manualy changing the .ini

make sure you notice this one small change, i missed it the first time and it reset mine back to streaming, did the fix and now it is D/L full

Streaming Assets
    digestURL=http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/launchpad/lp4/live/lp-eq2-ext.sha.soe

Full Assets:

[Settings]
    digestURL=http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/launchpad/lp4/live/lp-eq2-full.sha.soe
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Yep! Thanks for the highlight!
  13. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

I am sorry, but that still is going STREAMING, dancing dragon and all, the launchpad.ini is correct. Everything is pointing to where it should be, etc. There are no additional installs of game, etc.

Any suggestions?
  14. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Rissu@Crushbone wrote:
    Delete all the LaunchPad files (Launchpad.exe, launchpad.ini mainly) from your current EQII folder and install the Full Assets installer I have linked in my sticky thread, http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509747
    Follow the instructions I updated the threads with.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mizlek Guest

For what it's worth.
    According to the launchpad.ini examples you posted, I am using the Full Client.
    Once in game, if you go to options - streaming - and check the box called "Background Download" (or something like that, it's name escapes me at the moment), the baby dragon shows up and begins a 10+ gig countdown. Dunno what all that means.

-Miz
  16. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

Did a FULL reinstall, still baby dragon?!?!
  17. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

My launchpad.ini looks exactly like it should look for full install, but when I get in the game, something starts grinding away. I can barely play the game lately as it is. I'd really prefer just to download what is needed ahead of time. I don't want to do a complete reinstall as a stab in the dark that ends up not changing anything.
    I also noticed a new process AwesomiumProcess.Exe. If that has nothing to do with EQ2, then I might have acquired this at the same time unwittingly. Checking, it doesn't appear to be threat, but I can't figure out what it is, if it isn't part of the EQ2 process.
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

msgnomer wrote:
    Do you see the little dinosaur doing the running-man while in game? Give me as much details you can about this grinding.
  19. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    OK, checked. I have issues, but I see no dragon so I'm guessing streaming isn't the issue. In fact, I think it just might be that my computer is not up to running the current EQ2. I think what I'm experiencing is the game processing, haltingly trying to keep up until it crashes. (been doing that a lot in Freeport). I've already downgraded the graphics to Balanced.
    What I can't say yet is whether this is everywhere now or not, but it doesn't appear to be a streaming issue. My bad.
    I checked out Antonica and even setting it back up to High quality, I didn't have the constant grinding away. I noticed that the launchpad stays loaded and wondered if that was supposed to be like that. It and that Awesomium thing are two more things eating away at my meager 2GbB ram.
    Anyway, you can cross me off the streaming issue list. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847 Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:

I just tried this and I still have the baby dragon.