Strategy for Commanders in Plane of War?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Archimond Lifebane, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Archimond Lifebane New Member

Hello,

Been having fun soloing old raid zones, but ran into some difficulties in Plane of War. Unfortunately there were no strategy or guide information any where on the internet, makes me think many guilds kept the strat secret.

Anyone out there can help me figure out how to defeat those 2?

Much thanks.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

I tried to do the same thing, but afaik (and I'm not 100% sure) but this zone required the raid to split up and kill those guys at the same time or in close succession or something.
  3. Treggar Active Member

I just send my merc off to one while I run to the other, then pull merc back when it gets into combat, meet it in mid with both mobs, & aoe.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

Push the Ascension button and they go boom?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

only when they die together, if they don't some kind of fail condition kicks in and bad stuff happens IIRC
  6. Crock Member

With today's kind of DPS, you've got to kill them both within about 1-2 seconds from each other, or the whole group / raid will wipe automatically because they need to die together at approx. the same amount of health (which was a much slower, painful and tactical process back in the day). Ascensions would make this a 1 hit kill, but you need either a group mate able to do that damage coordinated with you, or a box toon on second account grouped with you.
  7. azcn2503 Active Member

For what it's worth I was able to use the advice given above to pet pull one commander, merc pull another, then when both are engaged in combat, asking both to back off and fighting them at the bottom of the ramp where the Warboar was killed. You must have line of sight in order to ask your pet and merc to attack, ie: instruct them to do this while you're at the top of the ramp. It should be possible to kill them within a few seconds of each other. They can't be truly one-shotted, their health appears to go down to about 1% and then they lie on the ground. This is your time to kill the other one. There is probably about 10 seconds between one dropping to the ground and the bad stuff happening.