Strat and Video, Proving Grounds: The Underdepths Solo

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Terrius, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Terrius Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I thought I may as well post this here since I did it up for my guildies anyway.

I made another video/guide for the PGs, this time for The Underdepths solo PG. This way anyone who is hesitant about trying it can see how easy and quick it is! It usually only takes me 8-9 minutes now that I know about the teleporters! The video is sped up quite a bit.

This strat and video is based on choosing the Skyshrine Infiltrator. If anyone has advice for people choosing the Guardian please post it!

Cast the adrenaline buff whenever you are running between mobs or nameds, it gives you max run speed and will save a lot of time!

Make sure you have narrative chat text turned on and showing in whichever chat window you can see easily. You must kill a certain number of mobs on each level to activate the teleporter at the end, once activated it will pop up with green text in the narrative chat window.

Make sure you keep the yellow temp buffs cast whenever they come up, they help kill the mobs exponentially faster.

The First named doesn't have much of a strat I am able to just burn it. Once he is dead you can use your second yellow temp buff.

The Second named doesn’t have a strat either from what I've seen, another just burn fight. Once he is dead you get a cure spell.

The Third named has a nasty det, use the cure spell to remove it. Killing him gives you a damage ability.

The Fourth named calls in any "a trapper of souls" left up in the room, but they die easily if you have your yellow buffs on. Killing him gives you a buff for max casting, reuse, recovery and lets you cast while running, make sure to turn this on.

The Fifth named casts a det on you that makes it so you can't see anything, cure this, he is a super easy burn. You get a blue AoE for killing him and a token.

The Sixth named has a hard hitting spell, but I just kill him as fast as I can. He gives you a buff you must maintain for the final named.

The Final named hits hard and spawns adds. Keep the storm spell cast during the whole fight, use your heal whenever it is up, and burn him as hard as possible, I usually ignore the adds and focus on burning him. Don’t forget to cast your yellow buffs!
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

3. Robb Member

Good job, thank you! Would you consider doing one The Nexus PG when that one comes back?
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

Interesting, I only started killing those extra 3 because whenever I don't the portal never goes active.

Certainly! Assuming I can find a group for it! I was originally hoping to make a video of that one, but since it is disabled I couldn't. :(
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

First time through I did, have not killed them since.
  6. Terrius Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the heads up, I will try avoiding them on my next run through and see what happens.
  7. Terrius Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten nor given up on making a video for The Nexus.

I've been trying the last 2 days to get a group for The Nexus, but it seems that there really aren't a lot of groups doing it. With how quick and easy the solo is, it seems the majority of people just cycle lvl 100 alts through that and have abandoned the group versions. (Also the merchants are disabled right now so that probably doesn't help the PG popularity atm.)

I will continue to try to find a group and if we are successful I will try to make a video for it!
    Robb likes this.
  8. Robb Member

Awesome, thank you!
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

They seem to have made some changes to it. The Infiltrator runs out of power a lot faster now. Last mob seems to spawn adds faster and does more damage.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This.

At first I thought, oh well, probably less geared character is running thru it. But I'm not clear on what that would matter.

Anyway, it was stupidly easy the first two times, and after a couple of hours, it's become impossible now. Probably some silly adjustment which is working against me. I changed where my ability mod adorns are, away from my weapons, but I don't know if it makes any difference.

Could use some help on the Infiltrator solo in Skysrine PG. Skipping the end mob means can't complete the "win 3 times" quest, and drops the reward to 10 tokens instead of 18. Waaaa!

((hugs)) for help :)
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

After using the Infiltrator avatar and having to run back to the final named several times because I ran out of power and died, I've started using the Guardian avatar. Yes, it IS slower, but I can kill that dragon the first time, so for me, it's faster in the long run.
  12. Vunder Well-Known Member

Use the AOE that increase damage on last named, Cast cure and only use the redback DD no dots nothing else. Keep storm up.

I run the entire thing from start to finish in 7minutes 40 seconds on average and never run out of power.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

By this I assume you mean that the dots (yellow buffs) drain power whenever they trigger, and therefore they are the problem, and get worse as the number of adds goes up?

I've been wondering that myself. ACT isn't helping me, it seems like it doesn't know where the log is, and I'm not good enough with it to redirect it to look in the right places.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

What's the redback DD? Not familiar with that terminology.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

There is no log in the Proving Grounds. :(
  16. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I had to look up DD myself. Apparently means direct damage (not a dot, reactive, etc, like he describes). Redback I assume means single target attack (which are usually coded red, but not 100% always.)

I've been playing with the Guardian a bit. Slows me by about 5-7 min, but I"m surprised by how often my health is down to 10% from one boss hit that was probably critical. Haven't died once though. That was a great tip!

Two great tips, thanks to both of you. ((hugs))
    Vunder and Prissetta like this.
  17. Tru of Guk Member

Have been having 0 problems using the infiltrator...have ran out of power once or twice in several hundred trips. last name i use all the dd's dots and everything...don't forget to keep your sprint speed boost going...it also increases your dps by 1200.
    Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  18. Vunder Well-Known Member

yes direct damage the one that looks like the priest spell Wrath.

Worst case, clear everything with him and if you have to swap to guardian for last named if you die.
    Prissetta and Semperfifofum like this.
  19. aindriu Member

hey, sorry for resurrecting this thread again.

I am trying to do the proving grounds. I've done it a couple of dozen times. At the start, I was just using the guardian, the slow, tried and trusted but successful way.

But, I've been getting 15 minutes with him.

I've been trying the infliltrator now, and i can finish a run if i am lucky in 9 or 10 minutes. However, sometimes, I can kill the boss, and sometimes I run out of power, and sometimes he kills me. I haven't honed in on a successful method yet, and trying out different suggestions.

I tried only using the direct damage spell as suggested in the last post, but that wasn't very successful. Not enough dps.

I did notice a bug in the last boss, I encountered a couple of times. I select the main boss guy, but sometimes, my target changes from the boss to a spawned mob, and it won't let me change targets back to the main boss. This changing of targets, prevents me from doing dps, and i run out of time, and get killed with the inflilitrator.

Has anyone else experienced this bug? It's very annoying.

I think they changed the toughness of the proving ground. I think it's harder than it was now. I don't know. I just read that somewhere.

Otherwise, I have about another 140 runs or so to do on this proving ground before I get my runes *sighs*. I did a stupid thing last night, in frustration. I bought 80 euro worth of dbg coins and bought a couple of level 100 characters so i could chain do this stupid proving ground to get the runes.

I have 7 characters i run every 3 hours with an hour break in between. This is like my 9th run. I plan to do this each day until i have the runes lol.

It's kinda pathetic that I spent so much money to do these proving grounds to get these runes, but the other option is forking over tonnes and tonnes of krono for the materials for one character. If I have a couple of characters at 100, i can always redo this strategy, and chain do the PGs and get the tokens for another character if I need.
  20. aindriu Member

I found a strategy for killing the end boss on the infiltrator.

First thing is, stop at the beginning and make sure all agro is lost with the last mob you agroed while running up the bridge. This will ensure you can target the end boss properly. so don't just run in.

Second thing is, make sure your purple skyshrine buff is newly applied before you begin. Then hit the three yellow buffs including the run buff. Wait 1 second for the mana to replenish before you run in. When you run in, your buffs will be on, and your mana will be full.

First thing to do while enganging the boss, is hit the dust aoe skill. This applies more damage. Then spam the buttons as they arise. Make sure to keep the dust and storm resist spell going - they are most important.

Keep the buffs up and just hit the damage dealing and buffs as they arise.

He should be dead before you run out of power with this strategy. I've done it several times now.