strange things afoot with heals and wards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER, Jan 9, 2016.

1. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

hi
    after Kos went live and playing on my Mystic i noticed something really strange happening with my wards , sometimes the ward would cast and go on reuse but it would be applied as zero, it was easy to see as i use drums UI it was the same in my maintained window , even when i stood and warded myself the same thing would happen it was as if the spell its self would just fizzle , i looked in ACT but i coildnt see any thing out of whack , so i went out to do some testing killed some solo mobs in BS until i seen it happen and then i went thru the logs with a fine tooth comb , i was really surprised to see that every time a heal or ward would crit it was valued at zero , it was even happening on my regenerating ward ticks on tupor and oberon , i removed any crit items i had and tested again to find the issue was not there. here is a small part of my logs to show what was happenening

(1452303708)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:48 2016] You prepare the ancient Umbral Warding.
    (1452303708)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:48 2016] YOUR Umbral Warding has applied to YOU as a critical ward.
    (1452303708)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:48 2016] Feckn envelops your group with a protective umbral ward!
    (1452303708)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:48 2016] YOUR Blessing of Anashti Sul heals Feckn for 138 hit points.
    (1452303708)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:48 2016] A Strifewing ambusher has healed Feckn through the blessing of Anashti Sul.
    (1452303708)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:48 2016] Feckn's group is enveloped by a protective umbral ward!
    (1452303709)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:49 2016] YOUR Ancestral Ward absorbs 81 points of damage from being done to YOURSELF.
    (1452303709)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:49 2016] a Strifewing ambusher's Quick Strike hits YOU but fails to inflict any damage.
    (1452303709)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:49 2016] The umbral ward surrounding Feckn's group dissipates.
    (1452303709)[Sat Jan 09 01:41:49 2016] Your umbral ward dissipates.

a 1 second ward that useally hits for 3.5k

was wondering before i petition it if any other healers are having the same issue or was it just isolated to me.

cheers
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

I noticed the same text pattern in my logs dating back to November, so the failure of critical wards to display the amount in the log is not new. I haven't noticed any wards applying for 0 in game but I will start watching for it.

Kari
  3. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

cause it doesnt show the value of the ward at cast just as it is used, this is a different issue , wards i cast are valued to zero when they crit .
  4. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

i got a couple of guildies here on Stormhold to test this BUG and they are having the same issue defiler and warden , if they stacked crit they found that on heals and wards that critted they were valued to zero.

I petitioned it today waiting for a reply
    This is a extremely serious bug the more crit you have the less you ll heal it needs to be addressed asap
    Im asking for anyone on the time locked servers to test this out and if you find the same /petition it

thanks F
  5. Maiana New Member

63 Mystic here and I went digging in my logs and I found that it doesn't name the original crit amount, but Torpor does crit...

(1452533878)[Mon Jan 11 11:37:58 2016] YOUR Torpor has applied to YOU as a critical ward.
    (1452533878)[Mon Jan 11 11:37:58 2016] YOUR Healing Pulse heals YOU for 157 hit points.
    (1452533878)[Mon Jan 11 11:37:58 2016] You are healed by the power of truth.
    (1452533878)[Mon Jan 11 11:37:58 2016] YOUR Torpor heals YOU for a critical of 146 hit points.

(1452533887)[Mon Jan 11 11:38:07 2016] YOUR Torpor heals YOU for a critical of 316 hit points.
  6. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

the heal part of torpor crits the ward does not
  7. Merkvah New Member

We've got mobs on TLE doing 9kDPS against well geared tanks. We cleared Vanilla, we cleared DoF, and when we went back on Sunday for raids (doing old content till people got leveled up) we tried to run Fire and Ice / Deception. It was harder this time than it was at 50, but we were able to get up to Darathar. We've got people hitting Darathar with Godking weapons, right? Way outleveled, way outgeared the content. Full raid force. We wiped 8 times against Darathar and gave up.

"Har har, L2PN00b!" No, we've been playing since launch on TLE, and everyone in the raid had been playing for several years. We all knew our classes. We had killed Darathar several times before KoS went live on TLE. We beat him at 50, and he was hard... a good challenge... but we beat him.

I hate to be that guy who is complaining on the forums... i hate those guys... but we've got people who have been with us since TLE launch canceling their accounts. I appreciate the move to make the game harder... I really do. But this is not Dark Souls, this is EQ2. Casual players are your bread and butter here. It's probably a bad idea to drive them away while, at the same time, telling them they're bad at this game.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you /bug this, not /petition. Bug reports get looked at by the Devs - supposedly each day, petitions, on the other hand, are looked at by CS and will sit in a queue for a couple of weeks before someone sees it, unless it get's automatically closed - waiting on (an unanswered) customer response.
  9. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

thanks flameweaver

/bug reported it today , appears i am not alone with this issue another guild has found it also , hopefully get some sort of responce from DB soon and a fix in 6 months =)
  10. Relica New Member

It is not just happening if you have crit chance. I took all of my crit chance off today and this same thing is still happening when applying wards.
  11. Maiana New Member

Right, I was looking at it all wrong and you are right. I noticed in my ui that I would cast wards and on my screen it shows a countdown timer but no ward amount- I have not dug through the logs again, thank you for pointing this out I will /bug it as well.
  12. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

yes i have to agree with you , did a few zones last night and had it happen but not as often as when you use CC, not sure but i put it down to still having a v small chance to crit even if you dont have any cc, also did you have a bard in your group with their CC buff? i just cancell it in my buff window if you do , dunno if any othe classes buff CC with any abilities or temps.

still no reply from the bug report yet , will keep you posted =)

F
  13. Desmona Member

This needs to be addressed and soon if possible. Wards are one of the very few ways to mitigate damage and on TLE right now it is especially important.
  14. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

totally agree , we need to get more healers to bug report it , dunno why we even had a tle beta if simple basic thing let this make it to live , SoS tbh
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Not only is it important on TLE, if wards are bugging out when CC happens...that's the only way you can do most content - with a chanter or serious CC abilities. So basically, you gain CC but lose one healer's effectiveness.

I've seen this happen too, but just thought it was my UI. It explains a lot. Thanks for the post.
  16. PURPLEmonkeyDISHWASHER New Member

it is a bug and a hot fix is coming at last , even tho this thead and my bug report didnt warrant a reply from the devs
  17. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Which would you prefer? A reply from the dev team, or them actually fixing the problem?

Although you might think that it takes little time to respond, your expectation of a response multiplied by every other person that has requested a change or wanted bugs squashed, results in enough time that they would be able to do little else but respond to threads. Personally, I would rather they answer me by fixing the issue, as they have allegedly done here.

(Edit: the word 'they' contains a 'y'. :oops: )
  18. Poofe Active Member

CC in this discussion is critical chance, not crowd control.
  19. hoppygnome New Member

This was exactly the case as our guild tried a few old names for AA and guild xp. Entire raid forces wiping to 55 epics, while we were geared in DOF raid gear and KOS armor sets. This so called 'balance' is no where near KOS release. With every release, the previous tier became easier to kill - such is the way of MMO cycles. This is the first release in which we are seeing every previous tier target hit as hard, or in some cases harder, than current content.

Cycling death saves on a tank should not be the only method of compensating for a poorly managed "balance."
  20. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I award you Thirty Internetz for the name "PurpleMonkeyDishwasher".