Strange Sensations bugged at last part.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Minh, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Minh Member

Hi during the last part of the quest to defend Tdylis I died and then had the respawn. Upon respawning I no longer needed to defend him. The quest updater says to return to Tdylis. So I returned to him through the portal and there is no npc there. The only thing that I can see is a book floating next to a portal to return to Lavastorm. Does anyone know what I should do?
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

He should still be inside the Faydark quest zone. He should reset back to where you talked to him when you first came into the zone.
  3. Minh Member

He is there but I can't see him. All I see is a floating book like how npc's have it when they have a quest update for you. In other words he is invisible but when I walk past his supposed body I get moved out to the side like someone is there. IDK why he is invisible. Plus this quest is supposed to be solo. I got killed by all the mobs before I could even kill 1 of them.
  4. Minh Member

If I was to delete the quest will I be able to do it again? I guess I will stay logged out in this zone for 3 hours and see if it resets and the npc isn't invisible anymore.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Don't delete it - either relog or "hail" him he should appear
    Xianthia likes this.
  6. Minh Member

How can I hail someone that is invisible? Will pressing "H" without clicking on anyone work? Because he is invisible and I can not select him.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

/target <name> then /h
    Sometimes NPCs fall through the world. You can almost always get them back by typing this in the chat box then hailing. Good luck!
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

+1
    What she said ;)
    flameweaver and Prissetta like this.
  9. Minh Member

The /target doesn't seem to work, so I sent in a petition. Since I have no other ideas on what to do. Deleting the quest might not give it to me again so it's too risky. Plus even if I did start over seeing how I got mobbed so easily before even killing 1 guy I think I will just be wasting time doing it all, over again.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Deleting the quest means you have to do full quest from start. See this discussion:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/strange-sensations-bugged-in-cavern.580893/

11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I should add that if you are finding it difficult to kill the mobs in the instances, you can try chronomancer and try at a lower level. It's helpful on toons that aren't ready to do adventuring (like my level 33 that I recently realized was trying to adventure on and didn't have adventure gear...just tradeskill stuff on). Try and not get discouraged, you can do this!

(I tried to edit my prior post and got some weird "page not found" error, 'tis why a new post)
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Minh Member

I just did it on another character. After I died and respawned I no longer had to kill the mobs and protect him. He was there sitting down and was visible and just gave me the rewards. So apparently my other character got bugged. Hopefully my petition will be helpful and they will give my other char the rewards.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Minh Member

I decided to restart the quest. This time I leveled up to 20 and got all crafted regular 20 gear and was able to defend Tydlis.
    Prissetta likes this.