STR/WIS VS STR/AGI (AA Lines)

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Windowlicker, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Niun01 Guest

You may come across an item or two that has some strength. I know at lvl 70 my strength is... 31. Not much but enough to carry what I have to.
  2. ARCHIVED-KrAzE1 Guest

Maybe I need to give the agi line some more testing. I havent had a chance to really study
    the parses from last night with the respec and break it apart. Maybe I'm not crit'ing like
    some of you are but my dps was down from the previous raid in the same zone, same
    items on and same setup even the same amount of AA's. And I was in real bad shape as far
    as power. The chain casting was nice but even with the GOG and Pris 2 and a few other power
    items I was in dire need of a power regen in the group. Going to test that out next and see if I can
    keep chain casting till the end if it helps my dps. One other thing I noticed is that my dps also dropped
    on low hit point trash mobs.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eldarath Guest

Currently trying out the agi/wis, was using str/agi before, first indications show that it is definitely not any worse then str/agi, will know more after a few more raids, having 2 warlocks in our raids one str/agi, and one agi/wis we will have some fun competitions.
  4. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

What kind of stuff do you have? How many masters? How is your overall gear? (How much INT/Disruption)
    Also, other then the AGI line which did you take?
  5. ARCHIVED-KrAzE1 Guest

I'm fully fabled mostly KOS a few EOF items except for my pris 2. All T7 masters and missing 2 -T6 masters (Neth Realm, Dark Infestation) both of those AD3. All gear is adorned. Disruption 373, Focus 363, Subjugation 364. Im testing the AGI/Wis line instead of my normal STR/Wis and changed from Explosive maxed with the rest in Hastening to Hastening maxed with rest in Explosive. My total AA's are 85 my int 629 in raid its over 800. In FTH last nite and was down a little less than 200 dps on the merge than I was before :( what am I doing wrong?
  6. ARCHIVED-Niun01 Guest

Does Dark infestation even drop anymore? I have not seen one on the broker or in channel being sold in so so so so long! and now that I need it, it's nowhere to be found.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sesskia Guest

Adept III ftw!

I haven't seen any other way to get it, except through crafters.
  8. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Hrm, your disruption seems a bit on the low side. Are you finding you get resisted frequently?
  9. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

Remove the item from your 2ndary slot :D And you should have at minimum 383 disruption/Subdigation.
  10. ARCHIVED-KrAzE1 Guest

Bad info because I logged in grabbed my stats from work real quick and forgot i died ant the end of the raid last night. I didnt rebuff lol buffed focus386, disruption 406, subjugation 397
  11. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Can someone tell what they cast in e.g. Obelisk of Blight?

I have 50/50 fabled/legendary gear and 85% Master1 and 15% adept3 spells. I think I had about 717 INT, but I'm not sure in that group. I went the STR/WIS lines. Nothing in the Warlock tree yet.

I installed ACT and I got out-parsed by a Wizard, a fully fabled bruiser and Assassin.
    Only on the grouped encounters I could compete but the bruiser and assassing were very close, but seems I immediately drop to 4th place when I skip or hesitate a second on spellcasting... mobs died so fast as well.

I assume ACT does not need ajustments and works as intented, so I suck at dps, any help is welcome :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

I've stuck with my Catalyst, Freehand, and 8 points into the first INT. I guess the reason being I'm looking for a combination that's going to yield the best dps all around.

I'm still not running into any other warlocks that are ripping off more damage then me. I suppose when that day happens I'll probably ask them what setup they're using and alter my AA's.

Don't fix what Isn't broken I guess ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-MarquisDesade Guest

Im thinking one will have an advantage in certain fights and the other in another. Im str/agi and have fiddled with wis. Im on a pvp server and didnt feel wis fit my playstyle very well. Im not banging out 3k but aggro is a serious issue. Im generally at 800-1k on solo epics and Im happy with that. Hitting 1000-2500 on groups(mostly on the low side of that). I cannot go all out but feel a 12% reuse bonus is better than 8% higher damage. Im in catalyst mainly for pvp reasons. If I can down 1 opposing player faster It helps my group. If its a caster or healer it gives me the advantage in the intial moments of the fight.
    I also have aftershocks and focused. Aftershocks is a small bonus(4-5%) and focused is a good way to steal aggro at an innapropriate time. The real bonus for aftershocks is the line and not the final skill. So in raids I use focused to set up my debuffs and get my pets, procs a few attacks and detuants off. I only attack so that I can use the detaunts. You can get out 30 seconds worth of casting while its on so you can get a lot out there. Our wizards arent close but Im a pretty serious pvper and they arent. I have much better spells and gear. Think Im missing 2 masters (I have the ad3's of course) and I have legendary minimum. Im more zen with the raid dps. I have never topped the parse and am not really trying to. I get beat by 1 swash every time and another sometimes. 1 ranger often. 1 monk and 1 zerker sometimes. I would rather use all the debuffs and power tap than top the dps chart. I think if I could go all out from the start of the fight I might come in second every raid(sept for poets return Ive hit 8k ext dps in there that zone is mine). A properly specd swash will smoke a warlock in raids every time. Of this I am certain. My int is sub 500 unbuffed and this will affect my dps probably more than anything else. I forget the break even point on stats but I went for slightly more balanced stats than put all my eggs in one basket. My wis and agi are pretty high which nets me a lil more survivability in the wild.
    Ive hit 8k ext dps in a 6 on 6 pvp fight, which is possibly the highest for anyone on the server. What was impressive was that it was a well equiped group from a raiding guild that has access to DT, In other words it wasnt bots in treasured. That is much more important to me than raid zone dps.
  14. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Yeah see I'm not on a PVP server. In a labs raid with my current setup I usually throw out an absolute minimum of 1500 dps on each pull, including singles. On the better pulls I can easily clear 2000 to 2500.

Our Swash probably suck, because they never out parse me. The only people I'm usually wrestling with are hardcore raiding Necro's, Wizards, or other Warlocks. On the odd occasion the Brigands will get up there.

I too like the Explosive line not so much for the end ability, but the 10% boost to damage, and 75% boost to radius that gets tacked onto Apoc etc. 3 to 5% extra overall damage from the aftershocks is NOT that bad though if you think about it.

Now I'll add the Hastenings line with my remaining points and it should pick things up considerably.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

I just respecced from Stamina(pvp server) to Str 4/4/4/8 Wis 4/5/4/8/1. in an hour and 10 minutes of actual combat in HoS last night i parsed 1411.93dps

The problem with going for faster reuse timers, is with the hastenings/quickcast line, your timers will always be back up by the time you cycle thru the spells you should pretty much always be casting. Seems like a waste compaired to 8% increased dmg across the board, combined with 25is % freehand sorcery once or twice a fight.

I honestly have never specced for the agility line, but i don't see how faster reuse timers would help me with my current hastenings spec because by the time im done cycling thru my typical spell order, everything is back up again.
  16. ARCHIVED-Andromax1 Guest

Im sure someone has mentioned this already, but WIS > AGI > STR

So if for some crazy reason you wanted STR over the other 2, then take STR/WIS.

For max parsage you will want AGI/WIS. You run out of pwr faster, but you parse higher, guarunteed. In my experience ive gone up several hundered on my zonewides from STR WIS.

As far as

Perhaps you arent using your entire (single target for arguments sake) repetoire, because I have no problem finding something to queue up with my enhanced reuse speeds.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

What i mean is, by the time i cast netherlord, scourge, dark infestation, war pyre, void distortion, and soul blister, its all up ready for me to cast again.
    Message Edited by NadKS on 01-27-2007 06:17 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

and if you go full agi and hastening, it'll still all be up and ready to cast, but more often.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

I guess i see your point. Problem is now, i'm already holding back to prevent pulling aggro off the MT. Did HoS thursday night, parses 1412dps over the duration of the raid, but i died 14 times, #2 on parse. Did Lyceum last night, was top of the parse at 1205dps, died 8 times(6 to pulling aggro). I can almost always parse higher, i just don't live long enough that way. Some fights i can die and still top the parse, but its much more beneficial to the raid if i crank out a tad less damage all at once, and live to kill the mobs over time. I'm Exiled on a pvp server, so respeccing AAs isn't a very easy task since it requires carting 10p thru the enemy city, but i will see what i can do.
  20. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

Str/Agi will fix that, and you'll parse higher than with wis/agi. less aggro spikes means less death, and more consistant damage over time with more crit hits, less min-average hits and the extra power/int/proc from the second symbol. I run 33% crits right now on raids, and it's nice. I stil can't go all out on anything but am the most consistant dps overall. (you'll see a necro spike one battle, and a wizard the next, but i'm always right at the top of the list just below them if they pass me). and go hastening before explosives, more bang for the buck on focused casting. (I spiked 10k on the lyceum fight just before i died. if i had a pally along with my the troub and coercer dehate i woulda lived i know it, and that was before i had aftershock : )
    Message Edited by TheStateFish on 01-27-2007 03:00 PM