STORMS server looking for upgrade

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Baltick, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Baltick Guest

STORMS is still for a moment, as "any Player" cast "any spell" on "any target" in "any zone"

Hi everyone and especially SmokeJumper,
    as you wrote in a previous post (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=501811), you mention that the Storms server has been upgraded somewhere between August and the end of October, tell me if I'm wrong but to upgrade any server you have to down it for a couple of hours no? (I did not mention any downtime during this period, again tell me if I'm wrong)
    I'm posting today on the official forum because none of you that I PM'ed before gave me an answer...
    Is it really that hard for you to admit that you never did that you promised?
    The lag makes the game unplayable for all the community, and ruins all our pleasure.
    If you just don't believe me, come on ! just log on the French server at any raiding time and you will see by yourself.
    I only have a question for you, expecting to get the answer as quickly as possible:
    Have you a real ETA of when the server will be upgrade?
    If you just don't care about this server, just merge it with an other which has been upgraded ! The community will thank you !

Minxs on Laggy Server
  2. ARCHIVED-lauclaire Guest

What else to say ?
    Up for a direct merge
  3. ARCHIVED-soras Guest

let see what is storms server.
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-inzewood Guest

every time i read 0.25 recovery on my spells i wonder why i have to wait 2s to cast another one.
  5. ARCHIVED-shenron1 Guest

Ci joint la réponse de SOE à la pétition

Bonjour,

Merci d'avoir contacté le service clientèle de Sony Online Entertainment. GM Auvergnat à votre service!

Je comprends que vous avez des soucis de ralentissement sur le serveur Storms. Au niveau du service clientèle, nous n’avons riens à faire. Les producteurs et le département international sont au courant du problème et travaillent dessus. Merci de votre patience.

Je vous assure que nous recevons et regardons toutes les pétitions. Certaines pétitions ont été soumises à ce sujet par le biais de Feedback. Les Feedbacks sont utiles pour laisser des commentaires, mais si vous voulez une réponse, il fait envoyer une pétition et la classer dans la disposition prévue.

Nous espérons bientôt voir la résolution du problème de ralentissement sur le serveur Storms.

Si vous avez d'autres questions ou problèmes, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter.

Merci de jouer à EverQuest II !

GM Auvergnat
    EverQuest II
    Sony Online Entertainment
  6. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

You're asking the wrong people.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

LOL this looks almost like a russian thread :)
    Anyway +1
    I really doubt Storms was ever upgraded.
    I play both on Storms and Everfrost, when Everfrost was upgraded we got à 6-8h downtime. Even with our low population, I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed if Storms went offline for 6h+ without announcement (just to be clear, we never got a downtime notice for sever upgrade)
    Now, I'm no database expert and maybe Storms was small enough to not warrant a 6+h downtime... BUT... on Everfrost the change was quite visible just looking at your group/raid DPS and I didn't see anything like that on Storms.
  8. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

Pourrait-on savoir au moins quelle est la différence de matériel entre le serveur de storms et les autres serveurs. A red name could honestly tell to us what is the difference between the storm server hardware and the others
  9. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-16 Guest

Just a reminder folks, we do remove any posts that are unconstructive and spam. Spam is communication without meaningful content, and does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.
    - Sixteen
  10. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

SOE-MOD-16 wrote:
    Welcome, new numbered mod. Just a reminder as your # suggest you're rather new here : Storms is the french server, thus a good chunk of its population doesn't speak english well - or at all - else they would have left this sorry excuse of a server a long time ago.
    The +1 were not really spam but more an indication that the posters weren't fluent enough in english to post additional detail but wanted to say that this situation affect them too. And this, in itself, IS constructive. If only a couple people complains about "server lag", the server is probably not at fault. the 40ish "+1" you deleted showed it was a general - more likely server related - issue rather than problems on the user's end (Storms is the smallest server, 40 ppl is about 10% of Storms population at peak time )
  11. ARCHIVED-Baltick Guest

Impact@Splitpaw wrote:
    We already Pm'ed SmokeJumper, technique support team and some developpers, but we never got any answer from them. The petition was an other way to point this server issue.
    But again the only answer that we get is "You're spamming, stop it".
    Mod-# could you give your keyboard to someone who has a proper answer to formulate?
    Regards,
    Minxs
  12. ARCHIVED-machiavelis Guest

<<<<SOE-MOD-16 Wrote:
    Just a reminder folks, we do remove any posts that are unconstructive and spam. Spam is communication without meaningful content, and does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.
    - Sixteen >>>>>

LOL !!!
    Stop joking fu... SOE's Modos !!!!!!!!
    When it comes to moderate you are present, but to meet the expectations of any one in the Strom server there is no one!
    Delete my post, ban me all you want that does not rise to the fact that in addition to being incompetent you are trying to hide it !!!
    The french people on storms are tired of YOUR LIES, the server was not upgarde and it kills our pleasure of playing, it's all !
  13. ARCHIVED-Sephy2602 Guest

- Sixteen

+2 so ?
  14. ARCHIVED-Valraukar Guest

Les gars, maintenant, il faut adresser vos demandes à PSS1, enfin ceux qui restent et qui vont pas cancel.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Valraukar wrote:
    En fait, non, la gestion des serveurs restant sous le contrôle de SOE.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sephy2602 Guest

SOE-MOD-16 wrote:
    And this is constructive ?
  17. ARCHIVED-nikieuge Guest

HI,
    I'm not happy tha my post was delete

I'm not happy to wip many time because server don't answer my cast for cure or heal,
    you make boss stragegy that must be very reactive (cure, move, ...) and your server don't allow us to do it.

please give us what we are paying for

Khamu Utopia, storms server
  18. ARCHIVED-Casane Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Azraël Guest

Storms is at a critical state now, it is depleted of its population and with the recent divide with the US servers, i read a recent trend of people transfering over to AB or EF.
    Yet, the lag in raid zones is unbearable, making part of the eq2 experience (to my opinion the best part of the game) unable to be rightfully enjoyed. Wiping because of hudge lag, is a cruel disapointement i don't feel deserved, especially for a community that has held long in this game, without any marketing or communication around the game, pushing the server towards its actual state, a dying server.
    I guess there are several options to this really annoying issue. Replace the old server with a shiny one; yet, we all know that would't be worth, not for the very few remaining die hards of Storms. No.
    The second option, would be to merge us. I know this have been discussed and adressed. I'm not quite sure why it didn't receive any positive feedbacks or even better, a constructive decision - an obvious merge. Anytime i log on my toons located on Splitpaw i'm amazed at how the game is actually alive; from the channels to the grouping and even pick up raids. My characters on Permafrost also witness this activity i somehow envy, and miss a lot on Storms.
    I know a few people here are reluctant of being merged with a server not speaking their main language. But truth is, Splitpaw has a french community, polish community, and i even see norwegian's recruitement messages. Personnaly, and i belive it's the case for the major part of us, i would love to be merged to an active server and i strongly belive we will adapt very quickly for those not ready yet for a change.
    Please try to understand our position now, there's more departures than arrivals + returns, and in order to recruit for a raiding guild nowadays, we sadly have to wait for another raid guild to split up so we can scavenge its loose members.
    The population has been decreasing for years now and as for today, we stand at a desperate state. I dare to hope that very soon, you're going to merge us with Spltipaw since a server upgrade on Storms will definitly not attract more players, and in a business perspective i can clearly understand that it is not going to happen anytime soon.
    Regards, from a die hard french player that would love to play on an active server, no matter the language spoken (well not any asian please) :)

Dolorian.
  20. ARCHIVED-machiavelis Guest

In here is a good idea Dolo, merge us with SplitPaw ;)
    What happiness it would be to rediscover a living game...