Stormhold TLE finally over for us

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by sinergy111, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Tabbyclouds Member

It says "ability to change server" - does that mean you can stay on the server if you want to or will the server actually close down? I don't raid, mainly craft, decorate and enjoy the events. I am quite happy to stay on SH for the time being until FG catches up, so that I don't lose the events like Frosftell, festivals etc. I already have a whole bunch of characters on Thurgadin that I played from launch and came back after a year or so break to SH as Lives was overwhelming and I wanted to start from scratch. If I had wanted to go on Lives I could have. I don't.
    sinergy111, Simparri and Chocoholic like this.
  2. Scott4323 Active Member

Agree with migrate SH to FG. Make them naked at level 1 with xp boost x10 so they can real quick catch up and get in era gear. And obligatory title would be cool
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I've been watching the SH posts on forums even though I don't have any toons on it and I feel for you all that do. :(

How many years was SH active? How would xfers to FG even be plausible for you all....i mean years of amassing plat and gear compared to FG only being up for a couple months. You would have to let your toons sit dormant for years before a xfer could happen. The FG community would go nuts otherwise.

There are a lot of decisions to make from the dev teams end and not all of them are easy. Guess everyone will just have to ride this situation out and see what happens.

Good luck to you all.
  4. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The moral of the story is do not invest any more money in this game than necessary as it is all virtual and there are no guarantees. This game does not have a large enough player base to support/sustain multiple servers and every time they launch a new server it has a negative impact on existing servers. I do feel sorry for the players on SH and I wish they would get a solution that is agreeable to them, but it seems that a transfer to a live server will be the only option offered.
    Lenarr likes this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I felt sorry for myself for about 10 minutes when I realized I spend so many hours on Stormhold for two years. Then I remembered it was only pixels and I, and only I decide how much time and money I invest into pixels that on any given day can disappear. For all we know EQ2 or any other MMO game could shut down tomorrow.

I spend well over $500 on the game on Stormhold and I will treasure every single raid night I had with my guild. But as time goes, games and servers dies and you gotta move on and look back at the awesome time you had, no the stuff you lost. Just as you do in real life.

You got four choices now.

You can keep playing om stormhold and see a new influx of players at around zero.
    You can transfer to live alone or with the guild.
    You can roll a new character on FG.
    You can quit the game.

No amount of crying for a level token on FG is gonna make them do it.
    Bekkr, Dude, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.