Stormhold Help

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Valron, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Valron New Member

Has anyone done the “A Lightning Bolt Shaped Key” or “Virtue Belt” quests recently? Been trying to get the drops for days now with no luck.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Drops in Stormhold are not super frequent and never have been. You just have to keep killing things and hope.
    Cyrrena, Valron and Breanna like this.
  3. Valron New Member

3423 confirmed kills in Stormhold and these two quest starters have not yet dropped. Not super frequent may be the understatement of the year! :)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Original Shattered Lands content is just like that. Thankfully, they've tweaked some of it. Used to be that Rama'nai, the lion for the Return of the Light HQ, had to be camped, sometimes for more than a week.

I suggest that you use /feedback in-game and ask them to please review the drop rates on those quest starters.

I've gotten the starter on the belt a number of times on various characters, usually from killing stuff in the chessboard room and the rooms around it. I don't think I've ever seen the other one.And I hunted Stormhold for like four weeks straight, four or more hours a day, because a couple of the names have the chance to drop the Amends Master (I think that's what I was after), so I was running through the whole joint killing everything to kill time between named pops. (I now know it's easier to get the drop in Ruins of Varsoon, but this was 14 years ago, after all!)

Also, there are scads of boxes in Stormhold that when clicked say you just need the correct key, which has always made me think that there are OTHER quest starters or rare drops of keys that I just haven't seen yet. Maybe they're just there to make it easy for devs to add quests in the future, who knows?
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

These could have been removed. I would check on EQ2U. I know Feldon and Pijotre were doing a cleanup of quests and they had a list of 3000 or so quests where nobody had completed them in over 5 years so it was assumed they were removed. You might also send a private message to Kaitheel and ask politely if he can check if the quest starters for those are still in the game, he will usually reply to you pretty quickly as to whether they are still dropping or not, whether they should be, if its broken, whatever.
    Breanna, Valron, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  6. Yenk Active Member

There are many removed queststarter. Thats well-known.
    This list is old, but most of it is still right: http://h0b0.net/EQ2_Missing_Quest_Starters.pdf
    A few years ago a dev fixed Vermin's Snye. But only Vermin's Snye. He had no time for more.
    Since then, all queststarters in Vermin's Snye are available.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Stormhold drops in question were fixed Tuesday.
    Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

Yes I was farming for "Virtue Belt", but unsuccessful.
    The two "fixed" queststarters in Stormhold were not missing, but very rare.
    Kaitheel likes this.