[Stormhold] Has voting for unlocks been discontinued?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sinhika, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a poll for unlocking the next expansion on Stormhold yet. Has voting for unlocks been discontinued? Is it 'on hold' while someone figures out what to do with a dead TLE server? Have we been switched over to timed unlocks like FG? What is going on?
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no logical reason for them to hold a vote (or even just unlock content) at this point. Any rational assessment of Stormhold is that it's done. I logged on last night at "prime time" and there were 9 players. I think Triton and Antonica's Nameless still goes there on occasion to do some of the old raid content (perhaps stuff that they had missed) but the truth is there is no viable community left on Stormhold.

What's going on is fairly self-evident, but at this point I suspect they're still in the decision-making process with how to handle transfers and how to address issues like /claimable items that are (for now) "marooned" on Stormhold.

I was one of the people who had hoped that Stormhold could survive in some form or fashion. It cannot. The sooner people just accept this and move on, the better. Daybreak will eventually let us know how they're going to turn off the lights.
  3. Phee2 Member

The Sound of Silence.. the story of Stormhold's life
  4. Fangrim Active Member

All the work over 2 years for nothing.Top quester on the server,multiple other level 90's all crafters 85 - 90.I guess it is lesson learned but leaving us in the dark about wtf is going to happen to the server is wrong.
    They won't give another vote because they don't want people going back to SH TLE from FG. I have rolled on FG but never making alts on a TLE server again because the same thing will happen to FG as SH.
  5. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

What they ought to do is give us free transfers off SH to FG....any toons we have over 50 could be transferred over as the expansions that allow those levels become unlocked. I actually remade Vekna on FG because I miss playing her.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

An expansion vote on Stormhold would have no appreciable effect on Fallen Gate. None at all.

[IMG]
    Draknox likes this.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

At this point I don't think they're leaving anyone in the dark. They know the situation with Stormhold, and there's no good solution that's going to make everyone happy. I suspect that we may not hear anything about it until after DoF has unlocked on Fallen Gate, but that's just speculation on my part.

What should they do?

1. Allow free transfers to any other standard server, or IoR
    2. If you have at least one level 90 character on SH, grant a level 50 adventure boost on FG
    3. If you have at least one level 90 crafter on SH, grand a level 50 tradeskill boost on FG
    4. Reset all /claim items that were 1 per account, if the item was claimed on SH

Some extra stuff like an "of Stormhold" title, a set of XP potions, etc. would also be nice. But if they did the above, I think it would go a long way towards mitigating the upset on behalf of most folks from SH.
    Bekkr and Zlith like this.
  8. Shwetty Active Member

1 RAID= 24 subs = 14.99 x 24 = $359.76/month + DBC/marketplace $$
    Vindicate + Triton + Europa + Apocalypse = $1439.04/month
    I dont count AN or IA. No disrespect intended but barely on progression site at all. Also not counting Disturbance because they quit before DB allowed FG to kill SH.
    Were talking minimum wage cashflow. Not even enough to employ one 120k/yr dev salary.
    Speaking for myself i spent a couple hundred extra here and there, maybe an extra $500 total over 2 years.
    How can you run a company or environment with that kind of minimal cashflow? I wouldn't get out of bed for $1500/month.

I would have loved to raid underfoot, and kill all the HM mobs in SF/UD and DoV. But alas, DB is exactly that,.. 'broke'.
    After Deathtoll death/xfer then SH's death, no way i was going to pay for FG. FG subs beware, this will happen to your toons+FG server in time as well. The only thing keeping subs coming into TLE server is the fact there are no other decent MMO's to switch to imo. I know most everyone in Apoc would have jumped into P@ntheo.....if it were live, after SH was killed by FG. This was intentional. See MATH above.

As far as xfer tokens go....
    option 1 = wait 1.5 years for FG to get to lvl 90 to raid again, then hope i get a free xfer token?.....No.
    option 2 = transfer to live? No. I could have been playing on live this entire time, but live sucks.
    option 3 = downgrade my 90 to 50? No
  9. Lenarr Member

It's often 2 accounts per raider...I know I had a second account for my heartbound alt that I always had logged on during raids for the buff. Still not a lot of $$ per month.

I too would have loved to have raided Underfoot again, and maybe another expansion or two past SF. Sad to realize that my years playing eq2 are at an end. I haven't been able to completely "let go" yet, hence the reason I still check forums now and then, and log onto SH every few days just to check the broker, do a /who all and then log back off... Still got another couple of months left on my sub.
  10. Shwetty Active Member

They would need 10x the amount of paid subs to afford 1 dev salary.
    $120k/year = $10k/month + benefits = $12-15k/month per dev depending on bennies.
    That would be 40 raiding guilds to afford 1 dev dedicated to SH or FG
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Heh, I know exactly what this server is. It's killing time until Pantheon.
    Ruallin Ebonhammer likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

I chuckle at all the Pantheon talk. They aren't even at "pre-alpha" and they specifically say they want testing to last "at least a year." That means, at the earliest, they plan to launch Fall of 2018. That, however, is the earliest and it assumes that they get their testing started in a month or two. Once all of that happens, will they succeed or be just like a ton of other games that sounded amazing, but delivered sub-par results? Remember, everything anyone has so far is just marketing. Time will tell if there is anything of value here.
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Killing time until Ashes of Creation?
  14. Fangrim Active Member

Yes it would
  15. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Believe that if it makes you feel better. Do you really think there are enough people interested in AoD or whatever is next to pull people back into that train wreck of a server? The damage has already been done.
  16. Fangrim Active Member

You said it would have no impact at all,if 1 person went back there it would.so you are wrong,as plain and simple as that. Totally and utterly wrong.
  17. Arandar Well-Known Member

Let's not get into some semantics debate. A small group of players returning to Stormhold would have no appreciable effect on the server. Look, I get it. Stormhold is swirling the bowl and you don't want Daybreak to pull the plunger because of the time, effort, friends, etc. that you had there. Everyone who's played there for any real length of time is in the same situation. But you're in denial if you think that Stormhold can be salvaged at this point.

What was a dwindling community there has dispersed, to Fallen Gate, to the standard servers, to other games. They're not coming back in any significant numbers. The only way I see any kind of significant population return to Stormhold would be if Daybreak did something extraordinarily gimmicky (with ethereals or whatever) to lure players from the standard servers there.

The radio silence from Daybreak is evidence enough. Stormhold is over. It's done. Accept it and move on.
  18. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I'd love to move on. Someone tell me how to get all my characters and my houses and my stuff on to another server, intact.
  19. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

If you really want to debate semantics, I said no appreciable effect. The "none at all" was for emphasis in regards to the former. ;)

Either way, opening votes on SH wouldn't save the server.
  20. Fangrim Active Member

Where did I say the server can recover? Not once have I said that.
    I want to know what is happening with the server because I have so many characters there and have no idea if I should delete them or not.I have no slots left to make characters on any servers until I know what is happening.