stop sharing room vault across properties ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Turns out I broke something in the new UI I installed. I got it working again. Only glared at the computer a 'few times'.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, still broke. For one or two characters. The rest it works fine. Digging through various things trying to figure it out.

No / chat anything for at least one character. Rest are fine.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Admirable restraint! :D

Could it be the settings for that character? I know that if/when (when, let's face it...when) I make a new character, if I don't load a UI setting from another, existing toon, then I have to wrestle about with changing a bunch of my presets...very frustrating.

Of course, I could be just remembering what happens on my other accounts, whose paths aren't worn into solid stone yet... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got it fixed by copying the main xml file over the two broken ones. Not I can use / commands on those two accounts.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Now I can use, not I can use. Still tired from my visit to relatives, but I am not as tired today.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was going to say there is a slash command to load the UI from the working character to all the other characters you create or already have. I always do that when I make a new one. The command is:

/load_uisettings

A box will pop up and it will give you a list of character names and you pick the one you want to load the ui settings from.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Not just when I create a new toon? Cool (saving this page to a file...)! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Good, because my XP and other icon bar at the screen bottom are different lengths for some reason. Need to locate which one is all the way across, and load the others to match that one.

Some are only half the screen. Hard on my eyes.