stop sharing room vault across properties ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I can see how having them available in any place your character has a room dojo, etc. is useful.

However, I want my dojo storage and Inn room storage to be separate.

Is this possible ?

Thanks.
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

I'm sure it would be possible -- given the dev resources, which they don't have -- but I think it would be a mistake. If you had a separate house vault for every property, you'd soon go mad trying to find anything.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I would have more storage space. Doesn't EQ II have a find item in your bank, backpack, etc. like EQ does ?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

It does
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

it's /finditem and I think having them separate would be a huge database hog.

Considering we can have up to 30 houses per character now
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Guess I'll have to make some big bags and share those around.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, and even with /finditem and the Auto-Search function in the Character Sheet, I doubt the game would be able to keep up. :-/

Plus, you know how the devs are always whinging about us "cluttering up the place" with our cool stuff (that they gave us... :D); maybe doing a separate Vault for each house would mean more for them than just multiple copies of the initial default code. :-/

Uwk
    Seefar, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I sense the need for more storage depots, like the tabbed one proposed last year, an armor depot, a weapons depot, a building block depot, a furniture depot, ...
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I prefer the 'find item' in EQ much better. Gives a list and location. Without typing /finditem.
  10. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

You can place bags in them and name the bags to what house it is. Not exactly what you are looking for but its neater.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Playing since launch, I still have room in my vault! Make sure you are using 46-48 slot bags or boxes and follow these simple rules:
    1. If its a house item, place it in a house! You can always put it into the moving crate once you put the item down. If you have lots of house items to place, pick one home to use as "Storage"
    2. There is zero reason to have harvested items in your house vault. Get a Harvest depot from the broker or ask in crafting channel if someone can make one for you.
    3. Other than Harvest Depot, if you store other items like potions, ammo etc., get those type of depots as well.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have some 64 slot bags gifted to me, but not on all characters. The rest have 4, 8, 12, and not sure something like 20 something slots. I have my 5 EQ accounts here now. Only two of those have bigger bags. I'm not too concerned about it, I can only afford one all access account at a time.

After I get the crafting going, I'll work on larger bags of my own.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

You can get 1 (per character) Box of Endless Loyalty from the Loyalty merchant. Cost 7 of the loyalty tokens and it has 52 slots.

And a general FYI, any character can make 12 slot backpacks at level 6 crafting or 12 slot strongboxes at 7 if you've gotten waxed pelts or alder while harvesting. Or spend a little bit more time and get outfitter to 17 or craftsman to 15 to make 12 slot boxes & bags from common materials.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or can let us know where your alts are, and we could whip up bigger stuff for you, Gero! :)

Though I'm not terribly rich in rares... :-/

Uwk
    who has mostly high-level Carpies, so...how do you feel about Strong Boxes? :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1. I usually don't put things from the holidays in a house, unless I have duplicates of something that won't stack (FF Pets, I'm looking at you). With as many toons as I have in the Horde, I'd have to really ride hard on the spreadsheets to be able to know exactly what everyone has, if I couldn't find the stuff quickly and easily using the Auto-Search function in the Character Sheet (I didn't even know about /finditem until this thread). But I'm definitely, finally, beginning to place stuff that I've gotten from non-repeatable quests as rewards in appropriate houses (like, all the early GF/Kelethin items in a Kelethin house, for example), and if I have all the Triangle "Tiles" (= BLOCKS) from all the City Festivals caught up on (okay, it was weird, but I was paranoid about it when it first started), I'll go ahead and place those out in my Mistmoore places, along with other building blocks. /shrug

Stuff I can actually make? Absolutely chuck those bad boys in a house somewhere; I definitely try to make a point of not cluttering up Ye Olde Inventory with it. ;->

2. Absolutely. This is what the gods invented Depots for. ;->

3. Meh; don't have enough of any of that stuff to worry about, though I do have Depots as well for Collectibles, Lore N Legend, and Fuels, if I have crafting stations in that house. At least one toon per server has a house set up for that; sometimes two, one for each alignment. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Seefar like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe Gero is on MajDul and Skyfire. I don't have any characters on Skyfire but I have a tailor on MajDul that could make decent sized bags, not nearly the largest ones but bigger than 20 slot.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Printed to pdf.

And here is the site I started a few days ago for my EQII characters. This is a list of articles. Not much there there, but I do have a plethora of screenshots to add later on..

https://gamma.drivein-jim.net/articles/
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! :)

I haven't done a website since my programming classes, back when dinosaurs and honest politicians roamed the Earth. I guess it's quicker and easier to set 'em up, now; maybe I should try again. ;->

Yours is nicely set up; looking forward to your screenshots! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I am a pack rat , from a long line of hording pack rats.
    -
    how ever I do try to over come this urge in eq2. here are the rules I use to keep my horde of items within the number of slots and vaults I have access to.
    -
    1. If I made the Item and can make piles more..sell or burn when done with it .
    2. Is the npc I got it from a permanent fixture , and or is the Item cheap or free to replace ? dump it
    3. is it ugly ? dump it
    4. do I still like it ? dump it
    -
    and you can use your broker, for access any place storage , keeping in mind that sales crates have lots of slots
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Years ago I had a drive-in movie theater site... over 4,000 html pages, all done by hand. With a CMS the installer does all the work.