stop saying that I can't solo heal expert/heroics

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Earar, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Note that balance would mean that a mystic could be better for Boss A and a druid for Boss B and a plater healer for Boss C, but any any case all the 6 healers should be able to perform their dutie. Till Aom (included) it was i believe the case, sure we druids had to push more buttons because we are spammers ...

No wonder that the player population collapsed.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

It seems that channeler is way too complicated for most people ;-), i probably only met one that played the class well. Grats if you manage to play one.

It always seemed to me that most channelers were only raiders, used for certain Bosses and not used at all to the 6 men game.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

success depends on the whole group. tanks using threat and def spells, DDs doing damage and desagro ... heal cure and heal and protect in any way they can.

I love how people deform my post. I never said druids healing was easy mode. I never said I didn't struggle sometimes to keep group alive because I have no group wards and that I need to stay focused. I know shamans are easy mode. I know wards get stronger with potency while our heals are capped with HP.

I know all that.

I also know we are 6 months from the start of the xpac. Things that were true at the beginning, when everyone was gearing up, aren't anymore. Even in expert, the issue isn't the heal .. the issue is the dps. so damage may stack up, then every healer has issues. Even shamans. (thinking of merchant or also feeder, or even goblin king).

but with focus and great work, we can manage. Just if people don't trust us, wardens can't train to learn how to heal fights to protect their team mates properly ... so we keep having a bad reputation. but we surely can manage

and mermut, with left spec warden ... tanks get a non stop huge single target ward. So they really don't need to have the perfect rotation.
    But yeah I decided to trade the cap in crit bonus for better survivability ..
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

I'd say all.

Just as a tank right now U'll have a hard time gearing up for groups, .. what I did was gearing up my illusionist, PuG with her and get items for my tank so then I could tank. but tanks are hardest to gear and so far from the start of xpac new tanks will always struggle more than new DD classes or support or heals. and of course mystics are the way to go healers right now ... if u want to group easily, that's what u need to do :)

or u do like me, you stick with your warden because I just can't play warders, they are way too slow :)
    Kalika likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

but in this thread I specifically talked about GROUP heal.

raid is another matter. We are not balanced but it's not the issue here ... I just want to be able to do PuGs .. and be respected for my choice of healer and not being surrounded by ignorant people who keep telling me outdated wrong facts
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Funny i did the same with my paladin that got equiped by my warden, also i was not feelinng confident enough to discover new content with him (cause he is a part time tank), but once i knew a bit the encounter i was playing him if needed and I believe he was ok.

Ans yeap i love my super fast warden ad our quickness and our reactivity should be competitive with the slow proactivity of mail/plate healers.

It is quite s shame if a very good and focusseddruid cannot compete with a semi afk warder.

-> always got bored with my shammie in raid, and yeap i was debuffing, slowing and throwing bolster on the lifeburner crook etc ...
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

Played mine right from the start, played solo, heroics and raids with her and always did pretty good. Took a break from her in ToT to play a DPS instead, but dusted her off again for KA :) The hardest bit is dissonance control imo!
  8. Fairin Active Member

i hear this alot tbh, and its not really your fault. even it tried to solo heal a zone on my fury early in the expac and came to a few conclusions.

1 dps with low hp (i.e. not spec'd right) get one shot cause i don't have super strong wards.
    2. dps without the dragon aa ward (again not spec'd right) get one shot cause .. oh.. i dont have constant strong group wards!
    3. dps get one shot and do not wear their hp/ward spec because "i never die when i group with soandso (who is a shaman) so therefore i do not need millions of extra hp / ward
    4. tanks had real bad issues start of expac with aggro getting used to the new potency inflation, which led to squishes ripping accidently.. leading to insta death dispite my constant group hot/minidruid ward
    5.getting ALL dps to think having over 10m hp and a 25million(or MORE) hp perma ward is a good thing is -impossible- (cause its your job to be a shaman of course!)
    6. doing stronghold the first week of the expansion with a solo heal was ugh.. first boss impossible with the double curse cause of low dps. (curse prevents heal and deaggros crocs for about oh. 20 seconds) deffinately a dps check for starting off =)
    7. stronghold was the "intro to heroics" zone. seeing 11 resolve gear and didnt need 190 self resolve to do, the others had their own problems - mist's extreme hp/resolve check, cabilis is still cancer. and spire zones last boss was a huuuge dps check, and the earth bosses fear in sanctum was a super pita with people doing under 100m dps.

however its no longer early expac. this should not be the case any longer. and i feel for you OP

can only shake my head when i see pugs lookin for a 2nd healer now... i usually goto those and carry when i see them tho...
    DoomDrake and Earar like this.
  9. Mhoramm Member

With the explosion of CB and potency it's put channeler's in easy mode. Our constructs life has exploded. The only time he needs heals is when I eat it for some reason. I regularly solo heal groups in raids without a problem. And as for difficulty, you could get away with using the same 4 or 5 buttons and keep a group alive if you were feeling lazy.
  10. StaticLex Active Member

I've played a warden for a long, long time now and it's the same old bs. Shaman are great at hiding the incompetent play of other people and so newbs think shaman are the superior heal class. Or even worse a group leader knows shaman aren't fundamentally better but since it's easier to find 1 shaman than it is to find 4 group members who aren't incompetent the shaman still wins.

This problem could be fixed in a day if the devs would give druids HP buffs that would bring party member health close to what they would have when warded by a shaman, but since the devs don't actually play the game that they work on they will never see it for themselves and probably never make the change.
    Archon of Hate, DoomDrake and Kalika like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

My problem, generally, is NOT keeping my tank alive, it's keeping the group alive. Right side prestige helps the group, left side only helps my tank. I've experimented with left-side prestige (at least the put the ward on cast with KA rather then on expiration like before)... I didn't lose noticeably fewer people
  12. d1anaw Well-Known Member

And they wonder why some of us refuse to raid.
    Meneltel likes this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Oh well this is so ridiculous ... The goal os the massive increase in HP for ToV was to make heals and HoT more relevant and ward less predominant.

So yeap they did it again, but this time it seems that the really went way further since till now warders were needed (and guild shaman thirsty) for Raids, but for heroic content, even hard one, druids were competitive.

N.B : yeap shammies are very good at rezzing, aa to increase range by 100% and a final skill that is a point blank aoe rez, in raid as a warden i was not usually rezzing, except if something bad and unusual happened (the OT in my group or my templar partner died).
  14. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I did not say other class types don't have rezzes. But I am glad we can agree that Wardens have plenty of rezzes, even if you label them as "dirty". And there is nothing wrong with being a good filler class.

The OP wants people to stop claiming Wardens are unable to solo heal the content, because their Warden can do it.

You are complaining that you can't solo heal the same content, of which the OP says they can, on the same class.

Very interesting.

Is the tank badly geared, and requires a shaman to compensate? If Earar (on their Warden) stepped in your spot, would they have the same problems? So many questions unanswered, and unknown variables, that make it difficult to properly assess your circumstances.

I strongly encourage you to seek out the OP for suggestions on how to play a Warden in KA. It may just be one or two small changes to drastically change how you fare in the content. The OP is clearly happy with the class, they just want the public perception to shift into a more positive light.
  15. Canth Active Member

The issue isn't what you think it is. Jamisia's definition of being able to solo heal a zone, which is the same as mine btw, and the OP's definition are different. I hate when my group members die at all and a messy heroic zone due to group members being all over the place and pulling aggro is not being able to solo heal like a shaman would. I think the OP's definition is to win the zone in that same case.
  16. Xakrein Well-Known Member

If it is a messy heroic zone, due to people being all over the place, and pulling aggro when they should not be... The problem is clearly not the druid.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

A dirty rezz is one with rez sickness. In some fights, the AoE damage is such that a dirty rez means instant death. And, seriously, who wants the best thing that you can think to say about their class is that they're 'filler'... great if there is nothing better to put in the spot and to clean up when people mess up and die, but of no real value in and of itself? Or did you mean something else?

Actually, if you read my post, you'll see that I HAVE been the only healer in the zone and the zone has been finished.. with lots of ugly and death. For me, 'lack of wipe' and 'success' are NOT the same.

No, the tank I regularly run with is not poorly geared. She's T1/T2 raid geared and is quite competant. She is, however, an SK, so she has fewer defensives and more aggro issues if there isn't sufficient hate transfer in the group. Sometimes she loses her rotation trying to keep the dps alive with snaps, etc.

Read the OPs posts... he/she never says that he/she is HAPPY with the state of wardens, merely that he/she is tired of hearing that they can't solo heal. Though his/her definition of solo healing seems to include the expectation of death, which my definition of solo healing does not.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

@Xakrein its not exactly what Mermut and Earar argueing
    Its a definition of "solo heal" and I am side with Mermut on this one
    If healer can't keep full group alive on Frenzied Feeder - (and DPS all are above 8M base heal including cloth casters) - such healer can't claim he can solo heal the zone. He can "do" the zone but can't solo heal it. Same goes with rock mob within temple - if you can't keep group alive - you can't solo heal it. Can such zone still be done with warden? sure thing can any other healer but druid will better choice? - ABSOLUTELY
    Off the record - I sill scare to see channeller as a single healer thou :)
    Mermut likes this.
  19. Xakrein Well-Known Member

So you can do it, glad to see that is settled!

For as long as I have known, some healer and tank combinations were better than others. Can't expect every combination to always be ideal in every expansion. It sounds like you should try going in with a zerker, monk, or guardian.

The OP made a nice list of survivability tools at their disposal that allow them to get through the content. Seems like they are happy with their class, just not the public perception.

Have fun! :)
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

For you completion and success seem to be the same. I have a higher bar for success then merely finishing.

How, exactly, is that different then taking a warder rather then a non-warder in the group? Because a shaman is clearly 'more ideal' then a druid is expert (and many regular heroic) zones.

Wardens have a FEW tools for dealing with EXPECTED spike damage on the group (T-shell if it's a blockable AoE and our group death save), we have, effectively, none for dealing with unexpected spikes. Wardens also have quite a number of tools for keeping the tank alive.. when we know we need them. We don't have enough to keep them up all the time and, unlike past expacs, we can't see the tank spike and THEN use cyclone, thorns, death save, etc.. because the tank is normally green or dead w/o wards these days. Yes, I can spec left-side prestige and it does help keep the tank alive.. it does, however, reduce my utility to the group and actually lessen the healing on the group...
    I've been playing with my regular tank for YEARS and when she's got a hole in her rotation coming up, she usually tells me and I paper over it with one of mine. But HER rotation has to be so tight, that if aggro is bouncing, she occassionally loses her rotation trying to keep aggro off the dps.. because HER opinion of success is close to mine.. keeping the group alive and stable,... not merely 'finishing'.
    DoomDrake likes this.