stop saying that I can't solo heal expert/heroics

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Earar, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

as a warden.

I'm sick of it, another ****** tank telling me that warden heals only depends on their teamates gear, the warden has nothing to do with keeping everyone alive, that experts are for big boys and gals.
    If I dare groupmates also die on group with defilers and mystics, he answered .. yeah but defilers are broken, everyone betrays to mystics

JUST STOP

stop being so biased. Because people said that here then it's true. This tank was just telling me all I've read here .. just copy paste. Think outside the box dude.

Sure wardens cannot solo heal some raid fights, because the damage is so high u need shamans or inquisitor to up HP. I agree with that, I'm not stupid, but people just mix RAIDS/EPICS with GROUP/HEROIC. What is true in raid isn't in heroic,
    the damage isn't the same, the length of fights aren't the same and so on.

and I can totally solo heal both expert and heroic zones. Did it with great groups or medium groups and it worked. Did solo heal expert zones without tank, and we managed.

Sure I'm not easy mode as a shaman, I do need to jauge my team, see who might get agro often and set protection on him.

but let's see .. I have constant current, which gives me a great solo ward that I put on the tank, I have skin like wood who gives me a single ward (5M +) on my solo base heal which has a reacst of 5 sec. So I can spam skin like wood on groupmates that might take agro.

I have cyclone, I have a group deathsave, I have lots of HoTs, infuriating thorns who give 5 stoneskins, my tree for when I might get stun to give a constant heal. I have sandstorm who gives agro to the tank and desagro on dps, also tortoise shell .. for an AoE blocker. I have lots of group cures

I think I have enough tools to keep a group alive.

and yeah there are death .. mermut always says that if he/she can't keep the whole grp alive than it's not solo heal. And I disagree with that. Why would I be to blame if the tank can't manage to hold aggro or if the dps can't manage to be carefull depending on who is tanking for him. DPS like to be first on parse and do their big damage .. fine I understand, they are here for that. But at the same time, when u don't know your tank the best thing is to jauge him, know how good he is on the first fights, how he handles it. But most dps don't do that, they just burn, whoever is tanking for them ... whoever is healing them ... and if they die, it's surelly not their fault.

I'm just sick of it, mystics don't always keep the group alive, but nobody complains, but if a warden can't insta keep alive a squishy dps who drew agro and can't handle it .. then the warden can't solo heal.

Just stop being sheeps, just stop believing all that is writen, and stop preventing people to play.

Do I say *** u to wiz or warlock because their class struggle ? No ! There's still a bit of skill in this game that separates good players from medium ones.

So just stop saying I can't solo heal, or at least let me prove u I can
    Juraiya, Febrith, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  2. Evilnok Active Member

I had an issue like this in another game,I would mass pull/fight everything and would get yelled for doing so and yet the grp never died nor got any of the agro once due to tanking skills,heck they never even got hit as well so I never did see the point of them pulling that stunt with me lol
  3. Tajar Well-Known Member

I am regularly in groups solo healed by a Fury :)
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

And this is why I don't do PuGs. Got yelled at in WoW for being last on the DPS... and they tried to vote kick me until the tank reminded them that someone had to be last and that my dps wasn't bad... for being the healer! He also reminded them that I followed him into a room when the doors closed, locking them out. And he and I killed the boss... ourselves and we didn't die and I didn't run out of mana.

I refuse to tank for PuGs, I get too stressed out by them. However, I'm willing to work with people who need help, if I am asked. I just don't listen in LFG or General for all of the... male cow bio-wastes that is spewed. Healer is a healer is a healer, or should be, as far as I'm concerned. If I'm duoing with a healer and we cant do something, we try something else. Always another day when better gear.
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Ok... no one really says that, we use all sorts of healers as long as they know how to play and have the stats for it, then it doesnt matter
  6. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Wardens do not need to worry. There are plenty of situations where they are desirable. The best thing Wardens bring to the table, is a great range of rez spells. This helps compensate for the lack of survivability they offer compared to all other healers. Between chaining death prevents on a tank, and rezzing group mates, a Warden can do heroic content! When it comes to raiding, Wardens are especially useful as raid fillers. If a spot is going to be empty, it can be filled with a Warden, who will help with rezzing, and help top-up any group members that take more damage than the other healer can cover.

Probably the best state Wardens have been in, since the start of ToV.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

this is one of the reasons why i avoid pugs, the other reasons are that the people that whine like that are the bads and greedy players that need on every shiny, then lie when confronted and are exposed when you look up them or their alts on the broker and find those shinies listed.

my advice for any player is to find a good guild and do guild groups then fill in with pugs if you have to, you get the best of both worlds, some competent guildies and PUGs which you can evaluate if they are worthy of inviting for premades.

'worthy' doesn't mean only dps, it's means their honesty, maturity and their dps.

i'll take someone with ok dps that is honest and mature over a high dps, dishonest player anyday.
    Steelviper, Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

thank you for your insight

sure rangers were in such a nice spot before they got their hawk !!
  9. Milchbart Active Member

I totally agree with Earar, Menetel and Lucus, and yes I avoid pugs too.

We are not talking about raids, but in a group every healer should work fine. The real problems are always the same, for healers and also for tanks like me. 3 different dds are hitting like trucks already before the mob is correctly pulled. Of course all 3 have no negative hategain. Of course nobody stops dps when he has aggro. The healer has to push 10 buttoms at the same time, the tank cannot control the aggro mamagment and the group loos the fight.
    Bad healers or tanks do not exist, bad teamplay is normal.
    Rhodris, Febrith, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

thing is .. we work fine !! in groups I mean

but people just read all stuff here and make a biased opinion on non warding healers just based on what raiders say here. without even testing. without even giving it a chance.

that's what pisses me off. People think they know stuff but they don't. And many are so sure of themself (without trying) that they shy away players.

I would never turn off a tank just for his class or a dps just because he is a wizard/warlock. Everybody has the right to play the class he desire. While in raid u want to min max .. in group .. if the player is well enough geared, he will always do his job fine.
  11. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame it all on the forums, since people also have experience in the game with many different types of groups and healers. And anyone who groups a lot in pugs has seen how it is harder for a warden to keep not only the group alive, but the tank as well in situations where there is a lot of spike damage. Sometimes people don't want to play it safe and take it slower, like you have to with a warden.

So, since you're pugging, and since the person might not know you and know your skill, some people will call on this past experience of lame wardens and even good wardens who still aren't as protective as a shaman or cleric, and they will say no thanks.

Personally, I will give anyone a shot at a group and let them prove themselves. Some people have poor attitudes and don't want to waste their time testing someone out. It sucks, but the best you can do is find people who are less demanding and through them start to make a name for yourself as a warden who can get the job done in the most difficult content. Problem is, every time a tank dies on a pull that he could have done fine with a shaman, or when the group has multiple deaths that they're not used to because they run with other types of healers, you get another negative checkmark in their books of who can heal the best. Sad but true.

Just keep people alive in all content and you will get noticed and will find people to group with. Coming on here and telling other classes that they are doing something wrong when you can't do the same type of protection as other healers isn't really the right way to go about it.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

My 2cp
    There are few sort of "model fights" where easy to test ability of healers to heal in Heroics
    Frenzied Feeder - in Barons (Experts)
    First Name - in Shrooded Temple (Experts)
    If healer can keep whole group alive mean healer can solo heal in heroic - otherwise not
    I'd say Feeder best of those examples. I know for fact that mystic can do that I love to see if druid can do same
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

yes and druids can do that. Did it multiple times .. that's just what I keep saying.
    Prissetta and captainbeatty451 like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Tell them to piss off.

I mean really, a skilled healer can probably heal a fair amount of the content on their own if their teammates are also competent. I wouldn't doubt there's a disparity between the healers; there always has been -- Temp probably being the most consistent.
  15. Ratza Well-Known Member

Generally people are simply looking for easy mode when putting groups together.
    Xerikton and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, and this is probably part of my problem sometimes lol. I prefer to just go with whoever's available and hopefully win the day. That's more or less what I did in RoK, and have done ever since.
    Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  17. Xakrein Well-Known Member

You are most welcome.

Rangers have been one of the most desirable raid class types for over a decade, and there is indisputable evidence to support this.

Even folks with an average grasp of EQ2 gameplay, should know about the sacrificial Ranger mechanics built into the scripting of most raid encounters. Any guild wanting to make raid progress in a timely fashion, is required to conduct routine Ranger sacrifices. Failure to meet this requirement does have consequences. This is why Rangers have been in a nice spot, for a very long time.
    Juraiya, Alenna and VGScastaway like this.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

and even if I couldn't solo heal those 2 fights without casualty .. would that mean that I am not allowed to PuG ?

it's like saying a fighter cannot ever lose aggro even if a BL or necro or conju is in the group and burst without ever using a desagro spell

or saying to a dps that he needs to do 2 billion dps in every fight or he isn't worthy

it's just stupid thinking. Solo heal means u can heal through the fight/zone with a group and not wiping while doing the intended script. But if the BL decided to not do the script and grab aggro and not stopping bursting the mob then dying .. means I (the healer) isn't responsible for the BL's death.

if the said BL doesn't want to kill his ghost in shrouded temple and dies, does that mean I cannot solo heal ???
    If that BL kills another's ghost in again ST .. and 2 people died, does that mean I cannot solo heal ?
    If you run around looking for your ghost .. being attacked by a haze hunter ... and do go straigth to tank or healer ... it's of course the healer's/tank's fault
    can go on .. on the sword/shield fight .. if the BL doesn't joust and gets the curse and die .. whose fault ? the healer of course

never the BL right ???

stupid reasoning. that's all
    Meneltel, Milchbart and Prissetta like this.
  19. Milchbart Active Member

Nothing more to say, just totally agree!
    Prissetta, Meneltel and Tajar like this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

If I have to rely on rezzes to make it through an encounter, there is something wrong with the group and/or my healing. Rezzes are for when things go wrong, they are not something that should be EXPECTED to be regularly used. A healer's primary job is to keep people cured and alive.
    Wardens have 1 sign target clean rez, 1 single target dirty rez and 1 group dirty rez (which takes a while to cast). That is no different then defilers and furies. Clerics can get a group clean rez, full health, full power can cast while dead. Mystics can get a group clean rez...
    I'm failing to see how wardens have 'a great range of rez spells'.

And, yes, wardens do a great job at helping OTHER healers keep their group alive. I've had several shaman note that there is, literally, less healing to do with my warden in the group. But druids are the only heales, right now, that do not increase their groups survivabilty, they can only work with what the group brings to the table. (Shaman have wards, templars with 2.0 have wards, inqys increase group health, and channlers have massive DR) (btw, being great 'filler' is NOT a compliment. it means 'if nobody else wants the spot we can stick a warden there, not that anybody actually WANTS a warden. How would you feel, as dps, if somebody said, You can dps like a real dps, but you're great 'filler' if there's an empty spot?)

Also, getting better gear doesn't help with druids (or inqys) healing because non-ward heals are already way bigger then hit point pools, so making them bigger does NOTHING to increases the actual healing done by healers without wards.

This is the first expansion where I CANNOT keep a group alive solo in heroic content. I was solo healing Master's Chosen last expac w/o deaths by this point in the expac. This is certainly NOT 'the best state wardens have been in since ToV'.

I AM solo healing many zones. Those runs take far longer are a way messier then the same zone with almost the same group but a shaman and me on my coercer. Shrouded Temple Expert... first mob, if an add spawns on a squishy while the tank is in the middle of an ascension and doesn't snap right away... there's a good chance that the squishy gets one-shot...
    My tank has to go full defensive and run a tight rotation when I solo heal (which makes it harder for her to keep aggro).. with a shaman she runs offensive and doesn't have to run a rotation. Wardens are supposed to be defensive healers, tank healers.. and the current mechanics make me 'filler'.. great help for somebody else... low dps utility...

I love my warden, she was the first toon I made when I started the game many years ago. I have never been so frustrated and disheartened by the class's inability to do their primary role.

ps I am NOT suggesting or asking for any other healer class to be nerfed, and, for the love of god, do NOT make bleedthrough any worse then it is. It does not HELP any healer class, it just hurts wards... ALL wards, even the tiny ones non-warding classes can get.
    Prissetta and DoomDrake like this.