Stop making new threads about zone issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chris Thompson, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dorotea Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding critical - why is it that this could go on Discord:

dreamweaverToday at 17:49Ops team/engineering are investigating the issue that certain characters are experiencing with zoning/housing and I'll share any updates as I get them.

But all we get here is a mention that he was unavailable. Can't we at least get the same information on the official forums as on Discord - if not more information since these *are* the official forums.
  2. Davaras New Member

Im calling on Daybreak to be transparent and possibly include some new leadership and oversight of this game. Its at a tipping point now, where people are gonna stop playing, its already pretty low pops on the servers, hops to get into heroics and pay to win has overtaken normal gameplay. Lets get this ship back on track and the captain either needs to step up or step out and let someone else in. Issues keep happening, why what is the problems? Lack of testing? Poor coders? Poor hardware? Poor management?
    Ryoga likes this.
  3. Darsch Member

yesterday was just a reset, not an update.
  4. Darsch Member

Things have been going down hill ever since it became DBG and the original eq folks and smedley left the company. around thew time they killed landmark and ****** up h1z1 and killed eq next
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You didn't disagree, ergo a reasonable person would expect that to be agreeing. Just trying to help a brother out. See, if we know you're out and a problem comes up, we can safely say, "Dream will take care of this when he returns." Everyone already knows your rep, so that would soothe the angst and also help you out by eliminating a large number of posts on the sujbect.
    It's a win win. I'm not seeing a downside.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

>.> I don't like the logic, but I don't see fault in it.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Whether people agree or disagree, the discord is just as official as the forums. I try to mirror as much as possible on both and unfortunately sometimes miss things. The reason things like that announcement get put out on discord first frequently is discord has a "Publish" option that in EQ2's case 256 other servers follow, which have a total user base of about 75k. I'm more or less hedging my bets on getting something up quickly that as many people as possible will see while I investigate. The forums take a bit longer, it's the nature of an older platform. To be clear, I thought I had mirrored that over while I was trying to work on getting more info.

I didn't and that's my fault.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

When I try to log into Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands to continue the quest, the error message says zone is not available.

Sometimes it times out, and my character stays in the Great Library.

So, I'll wait.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I love it when a plan comes together...
    Breanna likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All of that being said, The ops team has pushed a fix and the issue is currently in the process of resolving. It may take some time as new zones spin up, so we are still monitoring.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

First of all, it isn't your fault and no one thinks it is (at least on the player side). You got here, you jumped in with both feet and started putting out fires.

While I respect that Discord is an "official" channel, it's not a channel I visit. If it operated with the same maturity you have displayed on countless occasions, I (and others) might be tempted to use it. Sadly, that is not the case. The bulk of your players use the forums for many reasons which you are already aware of; enough on that subject.

I would make a suggestion for consideration. Given that Discord is an official channel, perhaps having a prepared statement pre-written (for when you're out of the office) and that even one of the devs can be trained to actually pull it up, hit "post" and viola', acknowledgement has taken place. I don't know Chrol except by name, but seeing the comment, "Chrol is throwing things at the ops team" doesn't say anything to address the problem, especially when the problem was already 3 hours old by the time that comment was made.

Any rate, we do, as always, appreciate the effort, time and commitment you make to the player base.
  12. dorotea Well-Known Member

Thanks - one of *my* hot buttons is seeing game companies ignore their official forums while posting important information elsewhere. Maybe Discord, maybe Twitter, maybe Facebook. Not just Daybreak, maybe mostly not Daybreak, but thinking I saw it here got my attention.

Posting information on multiple sites is fine and if you can get it up there <cough< <blush< I mean post it there first that is also fine. As long as we get it here within a reasonable period I am happy. And we did get it here quickly enough after that so no harm, no foul.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah the forums are unfortunately not mobile friendly while discord/twitter/facebook is highly mobile friendly
    so getting stuff out on those apps are much less hassle

darkpaw/daybreak could change forum software to something like xen that is mobile friendly, but that may be very low priority since we do have discord and it works well
    parissa likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I read these forums at night on my cell phone. But I do have a problem logging in via my cell. Its not a big deal as I just want to see if my posts have any updates/followups.
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah reading can work but it's not optimal
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Except that about half the playerbase appears to be banned at any given point in time ...:oops:
    Feldon and PurpleChicken like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That ban list isn't a long as people seem to think it is.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and parissa like this.
  18. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Well finally when I got in I discovered that my Halfling Beastmistress Weaponsmith had her Tiger Rebecca standing in the weapon-making forge. So perhaps singed tiger hair was part of what was gumming up the works for everyone. I'm SO sorry & will control my tiger better from now on. What do tigers like to play with??
  19. PsiberDaemon Active Member

my guess is server hamsters... :p
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Ladislava Active Member

Prey that runs? Use the rabbit familiar and go for a jog :p
    Rosyposy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.