Stop full download and go back to streaming?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Indrajit, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Indrajit Member

I clicked on full download but it's not letting me play the game now.

I was able to play it before when I was streaming.

How can I go back to streaming so I can play the game?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

is the game fully downloaded yet?
    Seefar and Dude like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

You should be able to go into options again and switch it.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Indrajit Member

When I go into options it won't let me change it.

No, it has not finished. That's the point. I don't want to wait hours to get back into the game. :)
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sometimes the download gets stuck. Just stop the download and restart the Launchpad and it will start back up.
    WhysperWynde, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Indrajit Member

I don't see any way to stop the download. The button says "Installing" and it is moving very slowly. It says I have to finish installing.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Close the launcher, wait a few minutes, then start it again.

Not sure if that will work, but most download processes hate being interrupted.
    WhysperWynde and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Click the X in the top right corner of the window.
    WhysperWynde, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Indrajit Member

That didn't work. But thanks for trying!
    I just made it go away the old fashioned way - I shot my computer. :)
    Actually, I just did a delete and can reinstall.
    WhysperWynde and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Xenogenetic420 New Member

Ever figure this out??
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All the many posts about problems downloading turned out to be a problem with the game's CDN provider. Similar announcements have been made in the News forum here, but here's what they've said in Discord ('cause it's easiest to grab in a bunch). The communication on the issue has been amazingly good, much better than we've seen in ever.

November 11, 2020
    [10:56 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Ops is looking into the error that players are having with the launcher on live and beta. I do not have an ETA but will let you all know when one is available.

[11:59 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Per a member of our engineering team. - "the patcher issues seem to be service provider level networking issues, it's being sorted but it may take a while beta gets updated daily, but is also getting affect by this issue so that may be a moment"

[4:50 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Our CDN provider is still working to solve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get you in game as soon as possible if you are experiencing errors.

[6:15 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: CDN Update, our ops and engineering teams are still working with the provider. Still no ETA at this time, thank you for your patience and understanding.

[9:03 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: The ops and engineering teams are still working with our provider on this ongoing issue. There is no ETA at this time for the affected players.

November 12, 2020
    [1:25 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: The ops and engineering teams work with our CDN provider is still ongoing. There is no ETA at the time. Thank you for your patience while they continue to work on this issue.

[9:36 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Due to ongoing issues at our CDN provider players may be unable to access Kaladim, Live Servers, or Beta. Our ops and engineering teams are still working with the provider. There is no updated ETA at this time.

November 13, 2020
    [10:54 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: As of 8:55 AM PST, the issues with our CDN Provider are still ongoing and being worked on by our ops and engineering teams. There is no ETA at this time.

[6:09 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: While at this time there is no ETA, the teams have a potential fix in place that is progressing well and is good news towards an overall solution to the issue, it is a long process however and I will likely continue to update throughout the weekend.

November 14, 2020
    [11:05 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Morning All, the fix being executed by the teams is non-final with adjustments being made that may alleviate the issues for some players. At this time, we are not going to announce that all accounts are able to access with 100% surety so work is ongoing. Thank you for your patience.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

When these problems starting occurring and was randomly hitting people, I kept noticing the constant reference to the "dinosaur" going across the screen mentioned on forums and in our guild chat. That dino only shows up when you have a "streaming" option selected.
    While I'm not saying there weren't CDN problems, all this started occurring following Tuesday's patch. My conclusion was that wherever they did in the patch, it seemed to arbitrarily hit people and changed their "full download" to a "streaming" option. I'm glad the resolution finally got here 4 days later because it was driving a lot of people crazy and virtually made the game unplayeable.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  13. Melkior Well-Known Member

This was a necro thread though. The original question was written last year and had nothing to do with the problems last week.
  14. Xenogenetic420 New Member

Thanks bud :p I figured the issue out myself lol. I just redownloaded a new launch pad to stop download process. I got it fully downloaded already, but at the time I wasn't able to download due to connection speed. But correct, it had absolutely nothing too do with the issues at hand.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  15. Beena Member

ok this is getting really old!! are they EVER going to get this fixed so i can actually log into the game on my main toons rather than just beta?? I'm getting really tired of paying for a game i can't even play! I have been sitting at 99% for a full 5 minutes now and nothing! this is just rediculous!
    Geroblue likes this.