STOP EQ2 Racism (kinda)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nynaeve, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

there goes your lore argument out of the window:
    recent discoveries in gnomish laboratories have provided the gnomes with the discovery of the luclin exoskeleton. created from shards of the moon and applied in a microscopic layer onto the skin, it gives them more strenght than even ogres have... bla bla bla... gnomes are now uber tanks.
    LORE is whatever some guy at SOE makes up. deal with it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    (( Bingo! It is what SOE make up.
    Not what you make up to justify your whine demanding the game has yet more colour and choices removed from it, just for your own selfish reasons. And bringing RACISM into this, a serious real world issue, to justify a whine about some trivia in an online game, really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    Gnomes are only ~99.9% as good as, say, ogres, as tanks. The reality is, it is you who has to "deal with it". ))
  3. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Regardless of any other issue, I'd kinda appreciate it if the OP, or someone else, changed the thread title. IMO, the word "racism" has no place in this discussion at all.
    But, FWIW, I'd prefer that racial traits promote MORE diversity between characters, not less. Make of that what you will, but I can't say I entirely agree with either the OP or his/her detractors.
  4. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This. The bonuses each race has can easily be looked up before creating a charater so players can make informed choices anyway the differences between races are typically minor ones, (i.e increased health/power regen, two stat choices, some crafting abilities and ultilities)
    I like the system the way it is sure anybody would like additions but as it stands now i dont see any issues with it. if you want x racial trait or ability ether roll the right race or buy a race change potion.
    e.g all my toons are human sure i could get mroe out of my scout if i chaged his race, but i like what i get with that combo. humans have reduced recall spell cooldowns, can temp make an npc non-agro and have some useful combat/crafting racials plus tracknig since it's a scout.
    playing a game where you can glance in any direction and most of the players you see have similar racial set ups is just bland. what each race gets is suitable for the lore behind them just like you can agree that the gnome racial quest series ring effect (two gears turning over the gnome's head) fits them very well.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    Change is not inherantly good or inherantly bad. Racial tendancies, in a game, are not 'prejudice'. In real life, most cats are more agile then most dogs. Labrador dogs, in general, tend to be better natural swimmers then australian shepard dogs. EQ2 racial characterists are the same thing. They're racial tendancies. And, as people have pointed out a 39.6 stat difference (looking at a lvl 92 toon here) out of a pool of 3k-4k is meaningless. It is just a 'tendancy' that training/gear erases.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

Mermut wrote:
    In real life, most women are weaker than men, and have no place at the frontlines. Do you want to ban female tanks?
    Anyway, I made this topic as a suggestion to the devs at SOE. They can pick up the idea and make some more money in the Marketplace, or ignore it... I don't really care about any opinions from forum bellyachers, and i dont really care to debate anybody about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    No need to ban female tanks...just as there is no need to ban 'insert race here' tanks. The difference is almost nothing already. Don't ruin it completely.
    If you don't want forum feedback, send your ideas in PMs or as /feedback. If you post them here, expect forum feedback.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

well, I like your comments, but mainly as a tool to increas the threadsize and pull more attention from devs. about your opinions I care not one bit. SOE has also realized that people who besiege forums and have 1000000 posts are irelevant to what is good for the game. these people are usualy living in the past and highly unwilling to accept any positive change.
  9. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    Yes. Please devs, come and read this thread where one person wants something and the thread is growing and growing with basically every comment from everyone not the OP being against the OPs idea. Please consider your players and what they want.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    That's basically proof that my idea is awesome. I got the same reaction when I demanded that all servers should be switched to f2p. I had like 1000 NO posters. just like now.
    The forum doesn represent any significant player opinions percentage. I would welcome an ingame poll about it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    Your logic sucks. (So does FTP...even though I'll be there soon since so does this game because of players like you.)
  12. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Let's get back on track please. Bickering is not necessary.
  13. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

It would be neat to have some of those stats more generic now since the game itself has gone more and more generic statwise. Instead of str, make it str/int/wis/agi. Make the other choice sta. Same with the resist pools, make one for magic resists, the other physical. This would make my newest alt, Bowlooga Wailz, ogre ranger, slightly more viable. Very slightly.
    There are a lot of other things Id rather them work on though, to be honest.
  14. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    The game is more generic so lets make it even more generic. This is exactly why I hate the idea.
  15. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    you do realize that when you get geared at 92 nox, arcane, elemental are all at cap of 75% resist right? this would only benifit you while leveling.
    diversity is what makes this game great. if you want changes to the system then ask for more unqiue choices not less.
  16. ARCHIVED-zehly Guest

I don't let Gnomes heal me. It's a gno-gno.
  17. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    Your first statement is a fact, your second is an opinion. Learn the difference, then you can argue with the grown ups.
  18. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Race serves no purpose in this game beyond cosmetics. It is not relevant to anything except your viewing pleasure. One can be an equally well played gnome, halfling, troll or ogre tank skill levels being equal: race does not matter in the slightest bit. No racial trait will make one a better tank, healer, mage, or scout. Every race can play equally well at end game. Some flavors such as poison consumption/etc might be somewhat nice but hardly game breaking for a mechanism which means less and less and less. Anyone can fly etc. Race just does not matter at all.
    Hopefully they will fix this in EQNext and Trolls will take their rightfull place as king alpha race of all playable races.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

SOE fixed the deities as well. You could argue with the same flawed logic: Former prime healer Anashti Sul's deity pet CAN ONLY GIVE WIS (or any other single choice)... but this is exactly what decreased variety in game, because you were basically forced to choose 1 deity out of 4 instead of 16 (or how many there are).
    Being more flexible on racial traits isn't against lore. It gives players more options to customize their build.
  20. ARCHIVED-Deago Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Who says all gnomes are weak? Have you ever seen one powerlift? Ever seen one pull a truck? For that matter ever see an ogre do those things? See my point? It is all fantasy symantics that can be whatever you want it to be etc.. If I want my gnome to be a compact Hercules then that is what he shall become !

Join the Gnomatter Gadget Gangsta Society and watch how serious they are about Gnome rights!