Still no use for Essences till 48?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Dastion84, Sep 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

As the topic says, I still don't see any use for the essences we start recieving in our 20s until over 20 levels later.
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Shhh, don't give 'em any ideas about adding spell components to other stuff. Look at it this way, it gives the necro a way to harvest a decent amount of essences prior to a raid without having to go to a T5 zone to do it. I believe 17 is the lowest level mob that we can get essences from, that's alot better than 45 when you're just trying to prep for a raid.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

Eh, just saying...since they seem to be trying to spread out abilities classes recieve, an lower level out of combat rez or perhaps a body(or shard) summon spell wouldn't be a bad idea... or perhaps make Rending Frenzy a 15 minute pet buff that requires an Essence to Cast, or make one of our group buffs non-concentration 10 minute duration with the requirement of an essence...obviously I don't expect them to just toss on a reagent to one of our current spells but to balance it against the fact that it would require one.
  4. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i would really like to see the no rent on essences taken away so they can be harvested ahead of time for a raid and not have to just leave our character in game so they don't pop if you harvest them ahead of time especially since i am sure we will go through a TON on raids. it would just be nice to stock pile them while we are grinding up to 60 and then use them when we go to a raid.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dayion Guest

lol for the raid factor i understanding having a few of them on ya, but if you expect to wipe that many times..
    you all need to pick an easier target cos ya aint ready yet lol
  6. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Or you're on your way to a raid after just logging in... since many, many instances are not in T5 zones, you can pick up a few essences prior to zoning into an instance.

Fortune favors the prepared, I always go into any raid with one group worth of essences and since we can get these at 17, they're a snap to pick up no matter what zone you're raiding from.

You never know when some doofus is going to get suicidal and trigger a raid early etc., it has nothing to do with raiding something that you're gonna wipe over and over on but being prepared for any eventuality.
  7. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i think we will probably need a lot of these things since we are one of the few people that are going to be able to rezz in combat and also our summon rezz will be very nice when the raid all wipe right on top of the mob and you can't get in there without getting aggro again. sometimes you can die 10 times on a mob when you are learning it if you don't have alot of intell on it already.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

The point is, that we should have a use for them at the level we start being able to recieve them, adding in a non combat rez or something to compliment our rezzing abilities (like the ability to summon a corpse a long distance). I know you say you don't want them tacking it on to other htings, but it's just sloppy of them to make us start recieving these "No Rent" items in our mid 20s and not have au se for them until 48.