Still didn't listen

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Bentenn, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Greetings Norrathians.

After listening to your feedback and having lots of discussions, we have decided to pull the Libant Evernight Heritage Crate from the in-game Marketplace store. The crate and most of its current contents will no longer be for sale.

We heard you and understand that there were particular elements of the Libant Heritage Crate that run counter to our shared values. We will no longer be making any of these types of items available. We will, however, be putting up a different crate in the future with a format similar to previous crates.

We wanted to hear your views and ideas on individual loot. Based on your feedback, we have no plans to do individual loot again in the future. As we have previously stated, we want to separate the loot from the lockouts. We are investigating different ways to lock loot and not the zone timer lockouts. We feel this is healthier for the game and allows people to help friends, guildmates and even join pick-up groups without too much worry of large amounts of loot coming into the world too quickly.

You absolutely did not listen to our feedback lol. We told you to do away with personal loot and ways to buy things to up personal loot. We said nothing about pulling crates as those are still ways to get potion reducers for everything to include familiars (which I'm sure you're going to add more soon). I understand you said you will put something similar in place, but you should have just reverted back to the old ones for now. Depending on how long you have these gone, means lost opportunities to gather said potion reducers for mounts/familiars/mercs. This means the sole way to get them now is via the overseers until you put the "new" versions of the crates in. You again, could've simply reverted back to the old ones.

As far as "loot-lockout", I'm sure you could simply flag a toon as they kill a mob and not allow them loot from it again for a certain period of time. Honestly though, you simply need to remove the "crap" adornments from boxes and add a minimum of 2 loots to each box. Share the loot tables so people don't concentrate on one zone and actually have to do other zones, and be done with it. SLR have not really been a thing this expac, but bringing in guildies has. You will not fix the PUG group situation as you changed the value of stats to be hidden behind CBOC this expac. No matter what you do there are 2 things that happen: People struggle to get resolve and the right stats, or people with all the right gear still dont' know how to play their classes and are put on a list of do not group with lol. YOU CAN'T FIX THAT Part.

You can fix the ridiculous amount of resolve and stats needed for entry level H1 mobs. That would fix a lot. Adding minimum of 2 pieces per box would help those groups get to H2 resolve and same for H3. T4 Raid mobs resolve is maybe a tad high, doable, but a tad high. Most jumps were 105.. T4 jumped 115, and hate to see what T5 jumps too lol.

Just food for thought.
    Ashandra likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

They can't 'revert' back to the old crates without a patch. They *can* remove them from the marketplace without a patch.

Which is what they did - and as far as I can tell, is *all* they did, except potentially removing the 10-pack crates for your 500 monthly SC.
    Manafizzle and Twyla like this.
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Hurts watching friends you have played with for close enough two decades leave over the changes made this expac . I think it’s as if the powers that be want this game sunset .
    Siren likes this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Well patch day is tuesday i'll assume, so they could do it then....
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Patches are every other Tuesday. Since there was one this week, there won't be one until the Tuesday after next.
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

The part of the message you quoted contradicts your first paragraph. We gave them hell about personal loot AND P2W.

They're doing away with both (allegedly). They've already pulled the P2W. They say they're not doing personal loot again. It would be nice if they pulled the personal loot system from H3's, but we'll have to wait for patch day(s) to see if they do that. That's not a small code change like the crates in the marketplace.

You're still right that the itemization and progression schedule is amazingly poor this expac. I would go so far as to call the sold expansion "unfinished" five months after release, to the point that a BBB contact would be in order.

However the magnitude of course reversal that this update note represents is a huge outlier in DBG recent history. It is an amazingly positive sign, amid a wasteland of negative ones.

Do not crap on them when they do something positive the same way as when they do something negative, or you're telling them not to do the positive things.

I myself, plan to spend some money on something in EQ2 soon. I have no idea what I will buy, but I intend to send an economic signal to them for positive reinforcement as soon as I figure that out.
    Twyla, Jrox, Raeven and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

I will be as well in some form or fashion. I want to support the game I love, especially when I see them make decisions based wholly on our feedback. I cannot remember many times this type of decision was made and feedback was the kindling for the fire to make it happen.

The comments regarding class balance or at least the prospect of willing to entertain conversation regarding potential changes is also a welcome change.

That all being said, I am still somewhat skeptical of it all. I think I have a right to be with the history of development with EQ2, and not just DBG but it was no better under Sony rule. I would even go as far to say it was just as bad with Smedley running the ship. So I am on a wait and see basis with the intent to put my wallet where my mouth is if it continues down this road. Or likewise, keep it in my pocket if not.
  8. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I bought crates well before they added the new ones, simply for chances at potion reducers lol.. I said do away with exactly what they added. Personal loot boxes as well as the P2W portion (which is the keys and personal loot unlockers). No where was it asked to do away with crates which is one of the only ways to level your familiars. The other of course being the ones dropped in zone to munge, buying the ones off broker to munge and do the "quest".

The first paragraph was Kandar's.. the second was my response, since his thread was closed. The familiars, mercs,mounts arent' going away anytime soon, if at all, so simply put they just need to add back crates how they were, which he said they will do soon. It's just that lost time, because of them throwing in something that NOBODY wanted.
  9. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The problem with the class forums that will go up is this..... EVERY SINGLE CLASS WILL SAY I NEED MORE DPS. They won't come up with other solutions to how to make their classes more Playable. They just want to dps. Some are returning DPS that simply couldn't catch up and play a support class for the good of the raid, but its simply that, a support class. The forums will work if people think of ways to make classes be boosted and wanted, but simply saying my dps needs to be increased will not cut it. Saying all my combat arts need to be exponentially boosted will not work, but you will see all 25 classes, including conjy's, say their DPS needs to be higher lol... Just wait and watch. It will sadly get us no where.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Jrox Well-Known Member

I think if anyone comes in, outside of the assassin, screaming only DPS increase, that should just hit the shredder. Of coarse everyone wants more DPS. And where some of that is valid, I think you need to be more insightful as to how you would like to see it achieved with specifics where you think spells or combat arts are broken, how and why...
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have some very specific warlock feedback ;-) I'm sure other 'locks will also.
    Jrox and Twyla like this.
  12. Boldac Active Member

Not everyone is going to ask for more dps.

First, I'm going to ask that the KoS AA tree be disconnected much like the EoF tree. Spend 22 points and unlock an end line. I'd ask for each line to actually have meaningful choices in it for each class, but I feel like disconnecting the end lines would be easier and require far less investment.

Then, I'll ask for more DPS for the classes that it makes sense on. Boiling it down to what is their primary role in a group/raid and how to make that better.

Other bits of tuning would be nice too. Like why are dumbfire and proc pets so stupid strong?

But, this is from a TLE perspective. I gave up on live a while ago due to stat bloat and other "features".
    Kuulei likes this.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I agree lol.. just saying what the reality will be.
  14. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Didn't say everyone.. said EVERY CLASS lol.. meaning there will be a lot of each class that will. I would love to see some people actually put some helpful or "useful" ideas into the forums.. guess time will tell but I assure you jsut watching the actual forums that exist and discord.. lots of people in each class will focus on how to make Their class dps better..

How may TLE"s have we had lol.. can only do that same thing, exact thing over and over :)