Still Cannot Get Past 99% Error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Winceton, Nov 17, 2020.

1. oblio New Member

I sure did. Went to options clicked on full download and watched the dinosaur jog some more. I just don't understand why a simple login issue takes a week to address and still tons of people can't access the game. I am past frustrated. I told my wife lets just cut our losses and go to a game that functions properly. She is persistent though =)
  2. Alapia New Member

Same here... came home to play tonight and two accounts are stuck at 99%. Had two days of problems, one day of game play and back at errors tonight
  3. pholtyr New Member

This problem needs to be addressed. I'm putting off buying the expansion until I can tell that this issue will be fixed
  4. Winceton New Member

I have now attempted both download options twice. Again. This time I got the socket error after over 2 hours (at 30 MBPS) of downloading (with many many warnings). Made it to approx 35% or so. The last file msg I was able to see was Warning: Retrying paks/exp10_overland.vpk. Soooo, very frustrated again. Missed raid again, blah blah blah. Any other suggestions?
  5. Alapia New Member

Did the same made sure full version was checked crashed on download.
  6. Spankyalater New Member

Yes it does need to addressed asap. Pretty choked bout this issue. Just bought the expansion too =/. Dreamweaver did reply to me earlier today as did another player but issue is still unsolved. I've tried re installing the launcher cleared the cache etc etc . Nothing has changed on my computer re: the game . This is an issue caused by the recent patch / beta i'm assuming. Stuck at 99% too. The game has been around long enough that an issue like this should be fixed in an hr or less. Like how is it that some can play and some can't ???? Just don't get it.
  7. Ailbe New Member

I tried switching to full download, didn't work. Still only 99%
  8. Spankyalater New Member

I've tried everything including full download and same problem as well. This is clearly a problem on their end. Still stuck at 99% this morning....i noticed that when i hit the exit button i can see the chat box very faintly for about 2 seconds.. Some updates from the devs would be nice too. Are they doing anything ??? Last update was Nov.11
  9. Winceton New Member

It took me all night but I was able to resolve this. I kept pounding away at the Full Download. Each time I was able to get a bit more before the socket error shut the download down. In total, three 3-hour downloads and one final download of about 45 minutes. Literally all night. After the Full Download completed the game ran normally. I hope this helps folks. But it was definitely not ideal.

Dreamweaver, I watched the progression carefully each time (yes, I stayed here all night). It appeared that there was simply a timeout related to the CDN once the download bogged to a certain speed. I hope that this helps you determine and fix the root cause.

Cheers everyone and may you have a safe and happy holiday season no matter where you are.

(the answer is 42)
  10. Pippsqueaks New Member

this is the 2nd time ive not been able to log in. the first time last week it took me 2 days to get logged in. I'm not trying to get into beta I just want to play my game. Why is it hanging up the regular servers if i just want to play the game not the beta. I dont want to wait another 2 days to get it. come on, why is this happening?
    Im older and not tech savy.. i see socket error, 3 hr downloads, full downloads, redownloads, seperate downloads? i just want to play my game.

Dev comment would be appreciated AND a nice SHINY NEW POWNIE would take the sting out *winks*
    Fuzzybuttz
    Pippsqueaks
    Squeakcheeks
    Squeakytunes
    and
    Cheeselouise

We'd all like pownie, pink and blue and purple!

tank yus berry much, now can we get our game worksin
  11. Cherity New Member

I'm having the same issues and have done everything recommended to fix it but to no avail.
  12. Cherity New Member

I'm having the same issues, can only load up to 99 and never finishes.
    I've tried all of the fixes that have been recommended to no avail.
  13. punsit New Member

Winston, I am trying to help my wife get past 99% and trying my first full download. Your persistence is most admirable. I hope EQ2 gives you an award for not giving up and staying up all night!
    Torvglaani and Winceton like this.
  14. Pippsqueaks New Member

Hellos its almost been 3 hours, still not able to log in. how come beta people can log in? Please at least tell us why there is an issue and when we can expect to play.
    ALSO, WHEN I CAN EXPECT MY GLITTER POWNIES yis now i wants glitter. :) wiff wings too!!
    fuzzy and the crew
    Paleeeeeeeeeeze hurry
  15. Pippsqueaks New Member

ok i just got into da game!!! It finally worked. *runs and looks for her Glitter Pownies!!!!!!
  16. Pippsqueaks New Member

welp i got to play for half an hour, but now im having the cute little dragon 99% thing trying to zone into qeynos, or enchanted lands, etc. ive tried it on a couple of my toons, same thing. so yes, im in the game, but NO i cant play.

So When are my cute pownies coming?? I didnt get to play but half an hour today. Can you PLEEEESE help get this cute little rat back on her kwests
  17. Pippsqueaks New Member

its me again. ok im in the game, but now i have 3 characters that cannot zone into enchanted lands, and one cant zone into qeynos harbor. i was able to get into lavastorm, but my character wasnt quite old enough, so stupid me i wanted to try rivervale which meant zoning into enchanged lands. *sighs* anyone else having issues zoning into lowby zones (under 80) ill try my higher lvl chars next but this is frustrating the heck out of me.
  18. Pippsqueaks New Member

BACK to not getting into the game.....again....i give up. thanks for the frustration and the excellent communication skills..
    I tell ya what ....THROW SOME GLITTER ON THAT DAD GUM DINO99% AND PUT SOME WINGS ON IT, I'LL TAKES IT FOR A SPIN. :rolleyes:
  19. punsit New Member

Thanks Dreamweaver: you're full download suggestion worked for me.
    Please have a good day, everyone.
    dreamweaver and Dude like this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Pippsqueaks if you are seeing the dinosaur then you are not doing the full download. The streaming version has never really worked great. They have always tried to get people to do the full download it works the best. So if there is a reason you can't do the full download, then try to be patient until the rest is fixed. But with the expansion being in beta they have a lot going on right now so it could take a bit.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.