Still Broken

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Pickleweasle, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Pickleweasle Member

See this in patch notes........
    • Reduced the minimum level to scribe and craft the Starfire Aggregate recipe for the quest Crossing At The Crossing to tradeskill level 20.
    It is now level 20 to scribe.....but is still level 100 to craft..... it is impossible to be successful. I have tried it on all my toons that are stuck on this point in Pakiat faction..... We have all been waiting for this change for nearly 4 weeks. Please fix this NOW.. not wait til after new year. Under difficulty it says "Very Hard (100)"
  2. beastlordius New Member

Oh boy! and to think I was excited to finally be able to play my sk again after seeing the patch notes... :( damn it come on guys! :(
  3. Pickleweasle Member

Well.. maybe been waiting 3 weeks... but still. It was first recognized by a Dev as a mistake at the end of february right after launch in the forums and then again on discord by Kander on December 6th. Was supposed to be fixed 3 patches ago.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You need to craft to level 100 for Epic 2.0 anyway, might as well do it. In 4 weeks, you could have.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Pickleweasle Member

This was in fact changed. The scroll is scribed at level 20 but recipe still lists as “Very Hard (100)” difficultly. It took me 2 hours to finally craft this item at level 21 skill. I spoke to a dev and was told that it is working as intended.
  6. Pickleweasle Member

Last night it took me 2 hours to complete the combine. Today I am on 6 hours and counting on trying to complete the combine. If you look above the wording actually states that both the scribe AND craft were lowered to 20 skill. However they only changed the scribe level to 20. The craft lists it at “Very Hard (100). So the craft was not lowered to 20 as the notes describe. This needs to change. 6 hours and counting is game breaking for something so crucial to complete faction. Please Help and Fix This!
  7. Pickleweasle Member

On other expansions where a tradeskill was required to complete a step of progression the requirement was listed as scribe and craft at level 2 to complete the step. However on the current quest the scribe is at 20 but craft is 100. This needs changed. The tinkering required quest for ToT and smithing quest in dalnir for the making of the greenmist were scribed and craft at level 2.
  8. Pickleweasle Member

Ok. 9 hours and counting... still no luck. This is WRONG.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

For KA it was level 100. Just level your crafting.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  10. Nixer Active Member

A guild friend and I just completed this step in the Pakiat questline a few minutes ago. I had to give my friend the Celestial Coal for the fuel but the crafting went well, albeit slowly. {for a 110 Jeweler who is maxed on tradeskills}.
  11. Pickleweasle Member

Not everyone is doing their 2.0 or wants to run a tradeskill up to 100 if they do not want to craft. I am not talking about doing the combine at 100+ tradeskill, that is easy. I am talking about trying the combine at level 20. The requirement to scribe and craft the item was 100 before the patch. The patch notes stated that the level to scribe and craft the item was reduced to level 20. This is broken. Instead..... you can scribe the recipe at level 20, but the difficulty to craft is “ Very Hard (100) “. I am at 9 hours and counting and still no completion of crafting the item. This is broken. By the way I am at tradeskill level 43...... but I did try it at level 20 on other toons. And to those of you saying to just level it up to 100 ...... Think about this ........ Is a person supposed to level all their alts to level 100 as well? Even when they never wanted to do tradeskills in the first place? This mechanic is forcing us to tradeskill to 100 on all of our toons. This needs fixed NOW! We waited for this change since release and they still did not fix it. And there is no response from the devs. Everyone thinks I am just whining.
  12. Pickleweasle Member

No..... the greenmist only required level 2 tradeskill to craft in Dalnir. Same with the power packs in ToT expansion.
  13. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Not like you have to finish Pakiat questline. If you are not doing epic 2.0, you aren't going to need the off hand from completing the three faction lines.
  14. Pickleweasle Member

Not sure what the 2.0 has to do with the offhand item much less wanting to fully complete a faction line that already took a lot of time to grind already. Point is.. There are many who want to complete the achievement but not work on 2.0 or do any crafting. And once more..... even if a person ground out a tradeskill on one toon to complete the quest line, they should not be forced to do the same on all of their alts as well. Face it.... the fix they put in was wrong. It says it lowered the level to scribe and craft the quest to 20 from 100. Instead they lowered the level to scribe the recipe to 20 but did not lower the level to craft it. The level to craft is still set to "Very Hard (100)". Straight up...... this is not fixed. I spent 2 hours on one toon and got lucky at TS level 21 on one toon. My second toon is on 9 hours and counting and can not get lucky on a completion. This feels more like a punishment than help. This needs fixed.
  15. Clintsat Well-Known Member

You spent more time and energy working on that combine than it would take to get to level 100 tradeskiller (or at least really close).
    Gubba Bump and Dude like this.
  16. Pickleweasle Member

No doubt. But there is no way to know if it was going to let me complete the combine. Think of it like the Bat mount that was a reward for throwing pumpkins for Nights of the Dead around Halloween. You keep cashing in candy and candy corn over and over in hopes that the next pumpkin might reward the mount. People threw thousands and even tens of thousands as some reported. It is the same exact situation when a person is trying for the combine for Pakiat. If a person does not want to tradeskill then they DO NOT want to tradeskill.... even as the stuation might be easier to do so, lol. They addressed the level 100 requirement because it was never meant to be 100 for the quest line. But after waiting weeks for a fix and the devs stating that it would have been fixed much sooner.... we got a incorrect fix. The notes state that the ability to Scribe and Craft the item was lowered to level 20. Instead they lowered the ability to Scribe the recipe to 20 but forgot to lower the difficulty to 20 as well. They left it at " Very Hard (100) ". So yes.. I tried to craft in hopes of getting lucky. just like in Nights of the Dead RNG, lol.. 9 hours later and nothing.. Shame on Daybreak for messing up the correction... and shame on me for falling for it, lol
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Kheldorm Active Member

Clarify something for me...
    Are you absolutely positive the combine is at a TS level of 100? Or is it a skill level of 100?
    A level 20 Tradeskiller maxes out at 100 skill.
  18. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

He said earlier he's TS level 43. If it's been 9 hours without a success, and he's 23 levels higher than the recipe, something is seriously broken.
    Juraiya and Ceyllynn like this.
  19. Pickleweasle Member

That is what I am saying. At level 20 you can scribe the recipe but the difficulty and requirement states "Very Hard (100). The difficulty should be listed at level 20. Even the patch notes state that the scribeing and crafting requirement was reduced to level 20 from 100.
    Ceyllynn and Kheldorm like this.
  20. Pickleweasle Member

It is becoming painfully obvious that the Dev's are not and do not read posts on the forums. If I take it to Discord I end up getting warnings for posting too much on the topic. I have been banned from discord once before, lol. Would be nice to see a response on this matter. They have to know that the change they made was wrong. Would be nice to get some help.
    Ceyllynn and Kheldorm like this.