Sticker shock

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I can see how the crafters aren't being helped right now. If it was anything like the other skills, then it would be:

1. Journeyman and Adept illegibles would be dropping in Advanced Solos, so on a run of weeklies, you'd get an average of 2. The ones you don't need are sold.

2. Experts in Heroics, chance for Master in the Tier 3 heroics.

3. Master in Experts.

4. GM's in Raids.

This way, it would've helped crafters because all of them would be illegible and need one. The lack of drops drives the price up so crazy that few people bother and most just wait out the time, unless raiding. I don't like the idea of my favorite game being in a "wait" state. I also don't like what it does to the timid behavior I'm seeing in casuals lately.

About two years ago there was a well known SK on our server (was Freeport back then) who would run PUG heroics just for the fun of it. I joined those because they were fun, only wiped once in my recollection. Try that kind of freewheeling fun today. Not likely. Besides him, none of us were raiders. yet somehow we survived it and even stomped it. My facial expression lately has been lacking the joy of a good dungeon run.

IMO, a raid geared tank *should* be able to solo (or nearly) a T1 or even 2 heroic zone. That's what raid gear is for. And that's what makes the rest of us unwashed masses join up on these fun PUG-fests. Because we have confidence in the point man.

There are many factors, that I've noticed, to why these PUG fests no longer happen much. One of them is the difference that can be made with research/upgrade, but it's not the only factor. I sincerely hope it's "growing pains" as we get out of the holding pattern of level 100.

Awww man I wish I was raiding just so we could try this one time. LOL there aught to be an achievement and title!

If 20 cow launchers go off within 30 sec of each other, the raid gets the achievement "Stampede"... those who launched get the title "Cowboy" and those who didn't get "Rodeo Clown." :p
    Juraiya, The_Real_Wurm and Prissetta like this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

That give me a giggle. Beta... the 'pay us to not be able to properly test time gated content for three and a half weeks' pre-order only experiment!

I wonder if they'll go that route this year, and how many bites they'll get.

I think there's an adage for that: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm going to pre-order regardless, and when I do I will definitely do the beta.

Regardless of me not agreeing with a lot of the changes, this is still my favorite game.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Same here. I may whinge and whine, but at the end of the day, I'm somewhere in Norrath at a PQ or zone-in doin a /em farts inquisitively...
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Xakrein Well-Known Member

All power to those who choose to pre-order. Between the last couple of expansions, and what is supposedly coming in the next expansion, I am evaluating my options. My heart hopes the next expansion is a gem, but my mind tells me to expect a lemon. Pre-ordering (paying) to find out which it will be, does not feel right.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I pre-order to save money. Since I'm going to play the new content regardless.
    Semperfifofum, Mermut and Snikkety like this.
  7. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I have no doubt DBG appreciates your position. You are among a category of players who will not hesitate to preemptively part with your money for a new expansion. There was a time I fell into the same category, but that has eroded over the last few years, to a point I do not hesitate to assess options, and question purchases based on faith.

If class balancing is going to be a big part of the next expansion, my initial reaction is to cringe. Despite this, I hope the next expansion is a gem, and if it is, I will be playing and loving it. But if it is a lemon, I most certainly have options, and some very good ones at that.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

As I've said many times in the past, as long as I am having fun (and I am), I will continue to pay.
    Alenna likes this.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

That was YOU?! Ugh.. (waves hands dispersing miasma cloud)

LOL Yeah same here I'm not qqing, but this situation is concerning. I've tried the "wait and see" attitude on the question of Pre-ordering, and it's not helpful. You miss out on the good stuff. Like, if I didn't have 7 carpets with experimentation buffs, I'd cry. I've never been sorry to preorder, though I've become frustrated enough to take a break at times.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

It was directed at how the company has handled 'testing' of minor and major releases.

I salute the testers themselves, both on the test server, and the hobbled beta server availability. I've never been a good tester, I get distracted by shinie things. :D
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Heh, there is always that too.

I've tried to do every beta, nothing is more satisfying than seeing a change you recommend go into the game.
    Alenna likes this.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

Journeyman is cheap for plat on broker. Then roughly $9 each for Adept and Expert. I didn't say go to GM, I said Expert was the best gain value per dollar.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well the price I"m being quoted is very different from the one you're being quoted then. So maybe this is a bug. For you, Adept is $9, for me $60.
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I got all of the spells I'm interested in up to expert using the money my kids gave me for father's day. Now I'm updating them to master using the waiting game and the monthly "free" DBC I receive.
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Darn it! I knew I should've had more kids!! /angst
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

Or realizing a Bug you found was squashed before making it to the live server. Yes I am one that has tried every beta but one* since I started playing the game in 2007 started out when they let us stress test. I even have a permanent test toon I use when new content comes there. and yes plan to pre order so I can make this years.

*AoM the one I couldn't do any real beta testing my system couldn't handle the new zones(couldn't get into them at all) so had to get a new system which didn't happen till after it went live.
    The_Real_Wurm and Prissetta like this.
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yeah dunno, here's what it's always showed me: http://imgur.com/a/9AyAI
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ahaaaaa..... it's the difference between the clicky in the top-right of the window, and the clicky next to the item. I happen to have levinbolt needing adept just like your picture.

I was clicking the >>>>> (vertically) button next to levinbolt in my list.

Now that I look very carefully, the message -- what I get is "Upgrade Levinbolt to Grandmaster?" Not adept. So the button on the right (but not the one at top-right) is a one-step buy for all the levels.

That cuts the cost down to a more manageable size. Thank you. Many ((hugs)) for helping me figure this out.
    Juraiya and Prissetta like this.