Steamfont ts quest "'Snot A Problem (there's a problem, scotty)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Trebien, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Trebien Member

Ok, I've done all of the tradeskill quests up to now, and I've made the dummy requested. And have a problem with finding the "right" spot of put that dummy down. I've looked up the waypoints, slight differences on different sites. But essentially they are the same. And nothing works. I've tried moving around a little bit, spamming the dummy to try to get him to settle in "his" spot. I've moved up, back, to the right, to the left. Nose to the wall. Jumping to different spots. Relogging. And nothing works.

I'm not expecting magic results. I just want to finish this one quest, so that I can move on to the next ones. I really wanted to try doing all of the ts quests, as well as the harvest ones. I'm slowly working on my adventurer part, she's stuck at level 10 until I get all of the low level quests done. It's gonna take me a LONG time on her, but I'll be having fun.
    Can anyone suggest a way to get my dummy on the right spot? I'd so appreciate it. And yes, this was a problem when the game was not free, and it's annoying that it's still a problem now. And I know that there was a solution, but I can't remember what it was.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Hrm. I've done that quest many times, placing the dummy near the building and flinging snot at it with no issues.

I'll try to find an alt that hasn't done it and try it again and see if some odd bit of code elsewhere has changed and made it wonky, etc.

~Mum
    Doobius270, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I was standing near /way -643.54, 175.14, 1066.68 and used the dummy from inventory and it automagically popped right into place for me. I'm not sure why it isn't behaving for you. :( It is a spot where it is "safe" to delete the quest and redo it (make a fresh dummy to be sure) and try it again, so that would be my next suggestion.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Trebien Member

Turns out that double clicking on the dummy was the wrong thing to do. So someone told me to try right click and "use", and of coarse that worked. I don't know why double clicking wasn't working, it's something that works for most right click top option. Game is just wonky, you never know when something is going to work, or if you have to play around with everything. I appreciate the suggestions and everything, I did manage to finish all of the steamfont ts quests.
    Hartsmith and Niami DenMother like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

It has been a very long while since I did that one, but I know that double clicking on anything will only do the top line option which, in some instances is only examine or other non-actionable task. Not sure why it isn't always the other way.