Status Reduction?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Caela, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Caela Well-Known Member

I love my house in South Qeynos - I know I can get a prestige house without status - but I really like living in SQ. I have a 6 room with I think 50K status each week.

Any tips on getting the status lower? What are some of the best high value status reducing items? My house only has a few things in it right now - and I managed to shave about 8K status off.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Try to get some rarecrafted stuff, which reducse up to 1k status ;)
    Some questrewards have them too.
  3. Taysa Well-Known Member

As said above, master crafted items reduce status by a boatload. A lot of handcrafted stuff does too, but in much smaller amounts.

I've found redoing the walls, floor, and ceilings to reduce status upkeep as well.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

Generally, the higher "tier" furniture you put in the house, the higher the status reduction. The items made with rares being the highest value. Even without using a ton of rare items, just decorating out the house normally should lower or eliminate your status upkeep cost all together. If you browse through the house items at EQ2 Decorators, you'll see how items are labeled with "status reduction". That'll give you an idea ove what's available out there so items can fit the style you like.
  5. Caela Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Upon further reflection, I may just move her to a smaller house within Qeynos. She's a single gal, she doesn't need all that room.
  6. Jexi Well-Known Member

Do you plan on completely decorating every room? If you will be leaving quite a bit of space open to reduce your status, then it's very possible to hide a bunch of reduction items. If you just want to reduce the status amount to zero, then save your hidden room just for the status reduction, then wait until Heroes festival starts and get as many of the Luclin tapestries as you can. That would be the easiest and quickest way to get it to zero fast.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Sometimes, it not a question of what you need, more like what you can :p even sometimes sizes matters :D
    Despite of, like my old flat in sq, was pretty well decorated oO but with the new one, i never catched up, in decorating ^^
  8. Caela Well-Known Member

I have a big 6 room in SQ for one of my toons that I don't play anymore (she used to be my main). It is beautifully decorated by a friend and it's status is down to zero now (not sure what she used). I use that house as "home base" - it has crafting stations, harvest depot, and I keep fuels on one of my toons salesman crates so the others can "buy" it from them.

So my other toons don't need big huge homes - just enough to decorate to reflect their style and hold their trophies from their adventures.