Status reduction of gildhall items does not work

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Beee, May 10, 2019.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

I dont know if anybody noticed, but the reduction of Guildhall Status does not work at least for half a year (dont have longer logsentries)

[IMG]

A larger guildhall easy costs 1kk status per week
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Status and coin reductions have never worked for guild halls.
    Dude, Soara2, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It has never worked for me. Even the items that say status or coin reduction and can be placed in a guildhall do not reduce status or coin in a guildhall. Treasure hordes in a guildhall do not reduce the coin upkeep.

If there was anything that gave a status reduction, there would not be those other 2 threads screaming for status reductions for guildhall upkeep.
    Dude, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Long ago, near the time GHs were introduced, they told us that status reduction would never apply to GHs.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

They weren't ever applied to guild halls because it was expected that more than one person would contribute to a guild hall. More folks = more status and donations, theoretically. In the past, I've seen guilds that required members to contribute a small portion of plat and/or status to the door to remain members, and that was their contribution to being a member of the guild, a bare minimum. It made everyone who stayed there needed and balanced the load on everyone's shoulders squarely.
    Dude and Breanna like this.