Stats that effect Pets?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Vanilla1, May 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

Hi
    I was wondering what player stats directly effect Pet stats. For example I know that your crit chance does not carry to your pet, and I also think that you resists do not either. However can someone list the stats that do...
    For example if I increase my stamina, does this effect my pets Stamina or hit points? If I up my Int, does my pets Int or damage increase etc.....
    Sorry if this information posted somewhere, but could not seem to find it anywhere...
    Thanks in advance
    Honeycomb
  2. ARCHIVED-Avora Guest

I'm currently level 36, but I think I can help.

Holding your pointer over any stat in your character page, there is nothing that states it would affect your pet ...
    However, going down the lines found under "summoner" and a few in "necromancer" do.
    Under the Summoner tab, there are three pet lines. One affects the Nightshade, one affects the Undead Knight, and one affects the Grim Sorcerer.
    There is also a line which affects your pet(s) in general. Abilities such as rising their defense, a higher health pool, a higher power pool, making them better at melee, etc. Keep in mind, though, this line affects all three pet types making none better than the other.
    The last line I find pretty useless for a necromancer, as it focuses on parlor tricks such as summoning daggers ( a limited pet ), various shields, etc.
    Under the necromancer tab, there are a few skills found at left end of the trees. Again there are ones for each pet type, others that improve your limited pets, and I believe a heal.

Under this character, I currently group with my younger sister and her husband.
    This gives us a tank (hybribd-SK), a healer (inquis), and a dps (me).
    I'm currently putting my AA points under the summoner tab, going down the tree which gives a boost to all three pet types. Plus I've put AA points under the necromancer tab, improving the spells Soulrot, Bloodcoil, some spell used for an encounter, Bloody Pact, and gaining the spell Lifeburn.
    I use the pet the tank (my sis) tells me to summon. This setup works quite well for now, but by the time I'm level 50 I will decide which pet to focus on and switch my AA points around.

Hopefully, somewhere in my ramblings, you found useful information.
  3. ARCHIVED-azraelteir Guest

The only shared stat that I am aware of is INT, unfortunately I am not sure what % we share with the pet however. All other pet stats (Crit, Potency, Crit Bonus...) all come from pet stats on gear.
  4. ARCHIVED-Avora Guest

I'd also suggest reading the guides at the top of this forum.
    I'm finding "Becoming A Better Necromancer" quite helpful, and believe should answer your question.

(Oddly enough, the 'add link' button isn't working for me.)
  5. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

azraelteir wrote:
    ok.. Many Thanks... I think I remember reading that our Int effects the pets damage too, but I guess maybe none of our other stats do. Also like yourself, not sure %....
  6. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

Guleipho@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thanks for taking the trouble to post... However, I was not really meaning the AA', Just the basic stats we have, ie INT, WIS, STAM etc and wether they translated directly to pets.... My Necromancer is lvl 84, and all is good just could not find the info anywhere re this particular point... Thanks Anyay tho...