Fixed Internally Stats have changed on Earring of the Solstice

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zell, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Zell Member

i logged on today and looked at my gear to notice a lot of my gears stats have changed i first notice this because i went to reforge 2 pieces of gear that i usually reforge the hate gain off of as im a swash that raids. well as soon as i restored the item the restored item completely lost the hate gain on it as well as the haste it had before. then i looked at my other gear it seems all the items that had 6 blue stats all now have 4 blue stats for level 60 gear most of which comes from lessor faydark and lopping plains area. However the most serous of the items that seem to have been effected is the Earring of the Solstice it has lost nearly half of its stats and almost all of the ability mod it once gave.

i'm posting about the earring as that's usually something most will care about im not sure anyone cares about 60 gear as 90% of people don't do 60 content (even know i do and actually care). Was the stat change intentional or is this more of the problem with missing gear stats that had occurred from the last patch.
    Priority, Cyrrena, Kheldar and 11 others like this.
  2. Ryoga Member

3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Following the recent foul-ups with the turquoise adorns I had cause to check out other items and also noticed this. I /bugged it in game as follows:

"Earring of the Solstice item stats broken.

This is a unique crafting item and is supposed to provide +20 to all crafting skills, +25 to all harvesting skills and +10 to both incombat regenerations.

Currently it is only providing +19 to all crafting and harvesting skills. As this item is specifically aquired for these particular bonuses this reduction is unacceptable. I can only assume it has once again been broken by a recent pass of the itemization scripts.

Please fix the numbers back to where they should be. And please take these unique crafting items away from the itemization scripts so that this doesn't keep happening"

I am getting thoroughly tired of seeing crafting items getting broken by these scripts and having to submit /bug reports on it. Crafting items are designed with very specific bonuses that should not need to be changed. Ever. They need to flag them all up so the stupid scripts can't keep breaking them like this.

I suggest everyone else bombards them with ingame /bug reports too until they sort it out, preferably permanently with an item flag.
    Feldon, Cyrrena, Jinksie and 4 others like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This happened quite a long while back.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

This is the second time it's happened. I bugged it the first time 2 years ago too. And quite frankly WHEN it happened is irrelevant. The fact is simply that it's broken and needs to be fixed. And the overall problem needs to be fixed so that it doesn't get repeated.

And if you really want to help solve the problem, Sigrdrifa, I suggest you add a like to the OP to help get it looked into.
    Cyrrena, Jinksie, Feldon and 5 others like this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

It's hard to reach the like button, from the back of one's pearlescent charger.
  7. Kithal Member

I recently acquired this earring on nine of my characters and have found something I consider to be odd. I'm not sure if it's a bug or working as intended:

With the earring in my bag, I can see red shinies... but I have to equip the earring to see blue shinies.
    Is that normal?
  8. Gratouillis Member

Yes Kithal, it's normal. At first, with this earring, you can only see the red ones. After some years, they added the blue, so you haven't to do all the yellow ones to have the special "glasses" to see blue :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'd never noticed that before as most of my toons have the earring permanently equipped. Originally you had to wear the earring to see the red shinies too, but Domino later changed that. Seeing blue shinies with it was added later still and presumably requires equipping to keep it in line with how the expert goggles from the collections work.
    Cyrrena and Argosunited like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oooh, I had forgotten this! And I'm hunting for the last few shinies I need in Fabled Nizara... /scoots off to equip the Solstice ear and go back to Nizara
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Kithal Member

Thanks for confirming! :)

An interesting thing to note here is that my main has the expert goggles in an appearance slot, and can see blue shinies. But there's no appearance slot for earrings.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Juraiya, Cyrrena and Whilhelmina like this.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Why did they mess with what wasn't broken before? Will never understand it.
    Juraiya, Kithal, Tkia and 1 other person like this.