Stats for melee warden?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-volinda, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-volinda Guest

Hi guys, I just wanted to clarify something, been reading through lots of posts and still a little confused. Finally got my AA mirror, and am making a full dps/solo/gather spec straight down the strength and agility lines (low on AA atm), but I wanted to confirm that I still use wisdom as a melee warden? Hope I didn't miss it somewhere in the stickie posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    EDIT: Opp, nvm, I think I found it, sorry! Strength and Intel. If I knew how to delete a post, I would.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calainis Guest

Odeletta@Crushbone wrote:
    Since the stat changes, Str no longer influences our melee. Wisdom is now our main stat, if you're meleeing or spell-casting. Str now only influences how much you can carry...
  3. ARCHIVED-awnya2 Guest

Unfortunately, strength does nothing for healers except for amount that can be carried. If you open your persona and hover over your stats you can see the benefits of each.
  4. ARCHIVED-volinda Guest

Really? So I can stay in my healing gear? Yay :D (At least til I find some interesting wisdom/crit stuff...)
  5. ARCHIVED-volinda Guest

Also, if that info I had was old, is it true I still use a 2h for melee dps? Since it seems to me I kill just a eensy bit faster using my 1h and offhand. Just checking
  6. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

Well if your 1h & offhand are better DPS wise than your 2h, you will kill faster w/ that setup. But yes, the general rule of 2h for soloing still applies for wardens
  7. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

I know this is a week old, and you may have figured everything out, but I thought I'd give a couple of pointers.
    - Get a haste item: There's not much in the way of haste items with wis on them in t9, but you can pretty easily get the tso t2 wilderness warrior gloves or the ring from doing the access questline for WoE. If you don't have any haste, then I could see a good 1h weapon doing comparable or higher dps than a slow 2h weapon.
    -Get as much dps mod as possible: DPS mod will increase the damage of your autoattack. A melee healer will get around 40-50% of their dps from autoattack, so you want to boost it as much as you can. Quite a bit of fighter gear has small amounts of wis on it, so you might be able to get dps mod without losing a ton of wis. There's a nice level 80 bracelet that drops from the t8 version of Anathema (3rd Everfrost zone) that procs a significant amt of dps mod. It's worth getting imo.
    -da/crit: This might be obvious, but make sure you have 100% crit and double attack. Again, it's tough in t9 to get wis gear with DA on it, but there are a few items out there.
    -gear: Because potency does not affect autoattack, crit bonus will be more important to a melee healer's dps than potency will, while potency, or perhaps equal amounts is better for healing. Because of stat consolidation, healing gear can be anything that has crit, potency, ability mod, and crit bonus.....healing gear doesn't need wisdom, but dps gear does, so I'd still go with two different sets of gear, one for healing and one for dps. There may be a couple pieces that are good for both and would be in both sets. You will need a lot more ability mod in healing gear than in dps gear.