Station Marketplace vs. Crafting

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Jerik_EQ2, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Eddessa Guest

Karrane1 wrote:
    Agreed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Orchist999 Guest

Rivenly@Oasis wrote:
    I agree as well. I think people are getting sidetracked (either mistakenly or purposefully) that this is about carpenters being upset about making coin in-game on crafted items. IT IS NOT. The issue is that we spent a lot of time leveling up our tradeskill (80 Carpenter here) to make items that are for one purpose - decoration of a player home. If you go into the Norathian Homeshow board, you will literally be amazed at what people have done in taking these items (many very mundane) and turning them into very artistic displays.
    Now, along comes the Marketplace that provides matching sets and highly artistic house items - I have to say the artists did a great job - but they are items ONLY available if you shell out extra money. These are not items that the carpenters or any other tradeskill class can make at all. So, spending all that time on leveling up the tradeskill only to see more and more items that look superior ending up on the Marketplace. I know we have been told there are 'new' recipes and quested items on the horizon - but I have a lot of doubts that they will match the quality art of what is on the Marketplace. When it comes to the art of in-game items now - its money first, tradeskill recipes/quested items last. I would love to see a developer refute that. In fact I dare them :p Prove me wrong if you can :) Examples would be lovely!