State of the Wizard Address (Serious)

Discussion in 'Mages' started by SacDaddy420, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Pringlez Member

dem heroics are srsbdness
  2. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yep, that hammer was about as cool of an idea as introducing rare dropping ethereals that can no longer drop and **** anybody that missed all/some of last expansion and want to come back to play a scout. Those two ideas made as much sense as putting the BiS hat in that horrid duck zone idea. I feel like there's a dev in that round table that's been on a roll of lunacy over the last few expansions.

I know you are, but you've always been the biggest pessimist about your class so if you're saying something negative about warlocks it's hard to believe it. I do happen to believe what you're saying, but that's honestly because Face backed you up on it. Don't be such a negative nancy about your class all the time d00d. It's like an EQ2 version of the boy who cried wolf so it's hard to buy into it. :(

Then there's Doomdrake here making it impossible for anybody to take warlocks seriously when they gripe.
  3. Rubick Well-Known Member

So serious that you felt the need to tell the assassin to "get **** on" when you dev of war and beat him on a named fight and he almost beat you on the zw with 20% of the gear. You were competing because it's Vynie and you know that as well as I do, but you'll never admit it for obvious reasons.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think the main thing is that I should definitely specify that the majority of my "warlocks are terrible" posts are from the perspective of this: I ask myself, if I was equally skilled and geared with a different T1, how would I do... at the end game?

And so as a result, when I see things that significantly impede our ability to scale, I speak up.

Currently here is my "very short list of concerns"

Point 1) T1 Scouts scale better than mages. A lot better.
    Why? - Myth +2 relevant ethereals just absolutely wafflestomps any sort of scaling a mages have.

Point 2) Warlocks really start to hit some big struggles @ the endgame.
    Why? - Plenty of reasons:

a) FC doesn't scale well @ the endgame
    b) even if it scaled better FC doesn't reset from myth weapon, which puts us at a severe disadvantage compared to the fact that Necros and Wizards reset their "best" long cooldowns.
    c) Warlock class cloak is probably the worst T1 class cloak due to lag reasons
  5. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yep, that class cloak is ******** and should get transmuted because it lowers raid-wide dps.
  6. Rondo9 Active Member

How did this thread get so derailed....
  7. Wuhh New Member

Why is this thread still about warlocks, when it is supposed to be about wizards and how competitive they are?

I suggested it once before and ill do so again, go make your own thread if you want to talk about warlocks and how good they are.
    Rubyfire likes this.
  8. morath Member

[IMG]

Psionicist since it's a good one to show potential of what the classes can do. Wish we could kill the lag though.
    Conj, Wiz, Illy, Beastlord

No reset weapon, no myth reset/fervor weapon, no ethereal adorn. Profile is open for gear. Nothing any greater then other mages.

Other named if interested: Dellmun (1st mob maldura: 357mil) Forge Golem 175 Mil
    Taiyla likes this.
  9. Rubyfire Member

Does sacdaddy still play? I would love to see what they have to say.
  10. Rondo9 Active Member

would like to see a parse break down of that
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Rubick as I said get out of parents basement, get RL job, get GF .. it might actually help you
  12. Rubick Well-Known Member

That's the most competent post I've seen out of you thus far, though still pathetic at best. I'm a military air traffic controller. I hope that meets the standard you set for me on the job front. Go after something else. This time try to pick something that makes sense.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Oh yeah - that would explain arrogance and clueless
  14. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yep, air traffic controllers are really known for their cluelessness. Good one. You need to seriously work on your debate skills. Just repeating the insults your opponent throws at you makes you look even more pathetic than you already did. As I've told you several times, when an entire forum group of people think your opinion is 100% irrelevant there's probably a reason for that. The world isn't out to get you, but you're so out of your element on these forums that my large book of analogies doesn't have an adequate comparison.
  15. Dotuming Active Member

[IMG]

Uploaded for Johe since he is at work. Group makeup was Fury, Illy, Wiz, Conj, Necro, Troub.
  16. Rubick Well-Known Member

Nice parse. Fae fires and jcap did some work, but that's to be expected with that sexy fury cloak. What did your guild's warlock parse on that Mr. Stash? Or do you guys even run a warlock with you and johe being there? If so, a side by side comparison would be cool to see how much each class can pump out without the added dps from temp buffs.
  17. Dotuming Active Member

We do run a lock, but she is part time and just coming back after a couple of months off and very undergeared compared to us. That fight I think she parsed 130 mil in a bad group setup for her.
  18. Anunnaki Active Member

WTB Fury cloak for my guild Fury(s).
  19. Yoube Active Member

I have not seen that nickname in a dogs age!! Mr. Stash!!! How is Father time doing these days?
  20. Dotuming Active Member

Hey stranger! Doing pretty good actually! Just having some fun on the conjie now that I'm finally off the healer after like 10 years heh. Hope things are good with you?