State of the Tradeskills! -- last update 30 April 2011

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, May 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-crumpledmonkey Guest

my sage says bring back ink recipies in 2010
  2. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

my sage says "no thanks"
  3. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

crumpledmonkey wrote:
    Some people just love pain. My sage, also votes, NO.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

crumpledmonkey wrote:
    Only if:
    • They're "all tradeskill classes", or at least "all scholars", recipes.
    • They can be made from more than one type of rare, preferably including one of the current low-demand high-supply rares. We don't need to go making a different rare the new loam.
    Frankly I'd prefer just shifting fighter and scout Ad3s to different rares, say hard metals for scouts and roots for fighters if loams are going to go away. Hard metal already seems to be in good supply, and if ore only drops hard metal that shouldn't change. Roots are in demand for cloth armor, but they drop off two types of nodes and there seems to be no shortage of them on the broker.
  5. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

I come back from a LONG hiatus and find that Domino has been busy, busy, busy. On the one hand I'm elated that so much has been done to make crafting more enjoyable, but on the other I'm overwhelmed by just how much new material, rules, etc. I'm going to have to absorb.
  6. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Note more updates in the first post :D
  7. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

I'm really glad to see some additional rewards coming for the crafting missions! Looking forward to seeing what's being done the next expansion. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

If I ask really really nice and blink my eyes just right may I please have a supply depot type item for my home crafting station in the next expansion?
    Oh and I will also add my vote of thanks for keeping us so well informed :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Updated with Halas Reborn information!
  10. ARCHIVED-TheFairDruid Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Hello Domino,
    Thanks for working on more things to do at lower levels. Could you tell us what class you are working on?
    How about some 'fun' recipes for those classes that dont have any like weaponsmiths and Armorers?
    When will we see in-game recipes( for Jewellers) that are like the apperance only item 'Golden Emerald Ring' from the SOE Marketplace?
  11. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

TheFairDruid wrote:
    I'm working on exactly what is posted ... more tradeskill quests for lower levels. The quests will be available to all classes - much like the higher level questlines in Moors or Odus, and the little questline in Lavastorm.
  12. ARCHIVED-Stubbswick Guest

Hey Domino. I love the change with the daily adorning quest - it seems like a really good balance of the number of extra skill ups you get vs. the fact that you can only do it once a day.
    I just noticed a bug. I /bug'd this in game, but I figured I would post here as well. I was wearing my Far Seas armor set, which adds somewhere between +1 and +5 Adorning on each piece. So when I went to pick up the daily adorning quest, it gave me the quest for the next tier. When I tried scribing the book, it wouldn't let me because my base Adorning isn't high enough. So I deleted the quest and took all my gear off, but of course once I had deleted it, I couldn't pick it up again (til tomorrow).
    Just a small issue, but it would be nice to tweak it to give the quest off of your base Adorning skill.
  13. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    ....And questlines from tradeskill levels 10-30 are now on Test server. Initial post edited to reflect the new quests, and there's a feedback post in the In Testing forum for those of you who wish to check it out on Test.
  14. ARCHIVED-EQ2Player Guest

Just getting into adorning and wanted to say thanks on the Daily Quest. Love the mats being supplied too... Nice addition!
  15. ARCHIVED-Morklebanya Guest

Taking the loams out initially seemed like a good idea but in reality it has created more of a nightmare. With previous tiers, 3 rares were used to create expert spells for the classes. Now with no loams, only 2 rares are used to create those spells. What probably should have been done to help the rare load was use the ore, loam, soft metal, and gem so that only 1 rare supplied 1 class.
  16. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Updated the original post with Arcanum Revealed information!
  17. ARCHIVED-Meunayil Guest

All crafted ammo (arrows, throwing knives, etc.) now stacks to 200 for more storage convenience.

While I am all for this change, is it possible to have the crafting of arrows made to match?
    48 combines to fill a 24 slot bag is a bit excessive tbh.
  18. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Original post updated once again!
  19. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

For those who understand french, my tradeskill preview is up on EQ2Artisans.
  20. ARCHIVED-Sambril Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    While this may be true of city writs, it is still not true of the Far Seas ones on Mara - is this intended?
    I took a level 54 writ and it asked me to make Worn Straw Mats a level 53 recipe made on the Loom.