State of the Tradeskills - last edit 13 May

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Devilsbane wrote:
    No thank you! Not unless they plan to add a regular harvest with the harvesting of an imbued material. I don't particularly favor an increased chance of one of my three hits on a bush node being an imbuement material. I already curse imbuement material hits as it is since IMO it wastes a harvest hit on a node I needed regular resources from.
  2. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    In fact you lose nothing. Imbued materials are already on provie/bush nodes. You would gain a chance at more imbued materials only. The percent chance for getting an imbued material chance would not change. The higher imbued materials are too common right now. Even with a multiple harvest on a bush/provie node. That would drop the available imbued materials overall. If tier 2 and 3 can live with the imbued material drop rate as they are now so can higher tiers live with that rate as well.
    If you still do not agree. I could see a setup like the following.
    • Single harvest of a fruit, veggie, tea leaf, or coffee bean. No imbued material
    • Three harvests of a fruit, veggie, tea leaf, or coffee bean. single imbued material
    • Five harvests of a fruit, veggie, tea leaf, or coffee bean. single imbued material
    • Ten harvest of a fruit, veggie, tea leaf, or coffee bean. single rare root harvest
    Looking at that I would even suggest to Domino making that change to all nodes. Imbued Material should only be a reward for a multiple harvest of three or five items!
  3. ARCHIVED-pointytail Guest

Which would drive the imbued material market even lower, as if that was currently possible. Why exactly do we need even more imbueing materials when we already have an overflowing supply?
  4. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

I'm already losing out on the hits I get an imbuement material on, you can't say I'm not losing because had I not gotten that imbuement mat, I would have gotten regular resources. I'll take regular resources over imbuement mats any day! I'll also say this, restricting imbuement mats to a single node type will NOT be an encouragement to harvest those nodes, it will only seed resentment and we'll get FAR more complaints than we do now as it is.
  5. ARCHIVED-Goemoe Guest

Lucutious@Najena wrote:
    I sincerly hope the armor only revamp has been a typo as T8 weapons are even worse than armor. There are legendary T7 weapons abundant on the broker which not only have much better dps than the T8 weapons, they come even cheaper as I (weaponsmith) could buy the fuel for the recipes. (weapon and imbueing) Please tell my you will revamp all outfitters recipes in the named tiers *begs*
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Goemoe wrote:
    I asked Domino elsewhere if she'd do MC Weapons too and as I recall she said something to the effect of "not before Christmas".
  7. ARCHIVED-Goemoe Guest

I just looked the T8 weapon stats up again and I have to apologize *bow*. Either it has been patched some already, or my perception on release day has been clouded by wishfull thinking. The stats are about what one could expect. It is true, that lower tier legendaries are cheaper and better, but this has been always the case, as I found out today. Just delete or ignore my previous post please.

Weaponsmithing is not the greatest thing in Norrath currently but not that bad as I posted earlier. Sorry for that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

I'd like to put out a petition: please make crafting less easy.

With a T7 writ I always have between 4 and 5 minutes left with utmost 60% power left. The record is 5m10s left. Before RoK my record was 3m with the same writs.

Please give me back the feeling that crafting involves good skills.

PS: Sorry if I missed out a previous post about this.
  9. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

Kretyn@Najena wrote:
    How would it drive the market lower? Multiple harvests are based on skill and the tier that is being harvested. If you are harvesting a node within your current tier (adventure of tradeskill) multiple harvest make less then 25% of all your harvest. The material reward could even be restricted to only the five harvest.
  10. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Just removing imbuing material from ALL other nodes would do this. Indeed it might make bushes very hard to find. A new concept - selected harvesting fo bushes. Interesting ...
  11. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

RandomStream wrote:
    Or just restrict to bushes and fishing, that would be enough
  12. ARCHIVED-Burgdorf Guest

I'd be very surprised if this isn't a known issue, but at the same time, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread already....
    I just bought a few stone planters last night, figuring that they'd be great places to plant several bushes I've got in my house. Unfortunately, the dirt in the planters steadfastly refused to allow anything to rest upon or in it. I think belligerant earth elementals may have taken up residence.
    Any plans to fix this in the near future? Bare stone planters just, well, seem empty somehow. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Just a reminder, this is not a bug list, please submit any and all /bugs in game so that QA can get them verified and assigned to the correct people. :D Bugs posted on these forums or sent to me directly without being /bugged in game can and quite possibly will be overlooked if something distracts me before I remember to write them do--ooh, shiny thing...
  14. ARCHIVED-Mozaic Guest

Feedback comment, not a bug. Just that provisionere recipes seem a little off compared to all other tiers.
    Specifically, the lack of 5hr combo stat (e.g. 2 stats raised) food items. For all other tiers, prov food would scale until eventually towards the end of the tier levels you'd get recipes for almost every single stat and combo stat food item at the 5hr rating.
    However, for t8 - while there are a few exceptions here and there for 5hr foods for a single stat, or a number of multi-stats, it seems if you want to get one of each particular useful combination, all you are left with is the 1.5hr or 2.5 hr duration foods.
    I just hit level 79 prov to get all my recipes and as I was crafting I kept expecting to see the complete list of 5hr foods for every stat and stat combo possible but all I kept getting was 1.5hr and 2.5hr items. And sure enough, when I reached being able to craft level 79 recipes, there still were no 5hr food items for particular stat combos. Yes, there are some, but for example, there is no 5hr int/sta food, or 5hr int/str. Hence there is no 5hr t8 upgrade to the t7 versions of these.
    Would it be possible to eventually patch provisioner recipes so that for each stat and stat combo food/drink item given, you eventually reach the possibility of crafting 5hr duration forms of them? Right now, a number of them top out at the 1.5 or 2.5 hr mark.
  15. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Domino,
    I absolutely love that screen shot! You, madam, are the best! :D
  16. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

The screenshot is awesome! My only wish (not really a TS wish, but still...) is that our fireplaces and trees would remember which options they are set to when we leave our houses. I worked around this a bit using xegonite sconces in the fireplace and stacking frostfell wreaths then sliding several FF trees into them so everything looks "lit" but it's a much faded effect compared to the real thing.
    Domino - What robe are you wearing in that screenie? I love that it has red and green without looking cartoony.
    *edit*
    PS - The candles are GORGEOUS!
  17. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    Yes, I love the candles. I can't wait to make candles by the crate. And that robe... <sigh> I love that robe. It looks very, very nice and very stately and kinda brocade-y. :D I did a dance of glee when I saw it. Sadly, though, Lyssia, it looks like it can't be crafted from something Domino said in another thread.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sciari Guest

Sooo any hope of getting a Grand Master into Gorowyn for the Journeyman Service Quest ?? or do the Sarnaks have to get it from Neriak or Freeport???

Also Bravo on the hungry halfling quest in Thundering Steppes!! Slowly collecting a dinnerware set on my main.. Nice to have a reason to forage dens and bushes again.. as well as not having the meats and veggies clogging up my bags ;p

Caesia / Sciari
  19. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

OKie, I just realized, did I miss it or are those garlanded candles missing from the Frostfell recipes? I didn't see them and have every recipe.
  20. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Those are in the regular carpenter books at lvl 20,30, and 40 (I think - not entirely sure of lvl without looking).