State of the Tradeskills - last edit 13 May

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Calthine wrote:
    The number of times she blushed at FF this year was pretty funny. She upstaged a lot of people completely unintentionally, which made many love her all the more due to her being humble.

/em watches for another blush.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amataelia Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Hi Domino,

Will these changes also affect the existing ingame items already made?

Thanks!!
  3. ARCHIVED-LordDragone Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I'm trying to find notes on the update for yesterday. The last note regarding updates was for 11/21/07?
  4. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

LordDragone wrote:
    I meant the first post in this thread, which was last updated on the 27th with the latest info.

And yes, existing items will upgrade.
  5. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    WOOT!

Thank you!
  6. ARCHIVED-Fyzzl Guest

Anyword on the missing Alchemist recipies? There are a number of very popular potions that have gone missing.
  7. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I second this!! And maybe a new ingame Tradeskill Deity .... the pet can be a Domino (no not a mini version of you domino,... an actual domino game piece :p ) that follows you, and grants slight tradeskill boosts.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

I am not sure if this a good time with all other things going on in tradeskills but was we getting anymore evil furniture items besides the ones we have now? Also I am wanting to know if when we'll have some of the non evil items that have been requested? I am so wanting that matching table in DFC for my chairs, the dresser, pool table out of Nek Castle, the hutch, pan rack and counter with sink out of rivervale still. Oh yeah them pillows and dishes anywhere through out Old Narrath would be nice for I so want to set my table with plates and cups please especially since the Holidays are coming for we need dishes to serve that yummy turkey we have now. I hope that I am not being to pushy and will wait (not),since you seem to be busy doing other things. I know you have been told pointless times of how great you are,but I won't tell you that you are (lies) for you are. I will say this though for Dev your more active in Forums and really seem to listen to the players about our (demands) wishes.
  9. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Cinnimon wrote:
    Don't anticipate any more large carpenter additions in the near future. They've had a lot of recipes added, there are a couple Frostfell items coming up too with GU41, but they're in a pretty good position now I think. I may slip in a new item here and there as time permits to pad out a couple of the levels that are still a bit empty, but it's time to pass that red-headed stepchild badge to some other class for a while; there's lots that still needs doing for the other classes and that's a higher priority now.

That said, I don't think you'll have to eat off the floor too much longer, but it may not be solved via the method you might be expecting. ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    tease :p
  11. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    yes .. yes ... she is ..
    *toes wriggle in curiousity*
    Well .. she can't be referring to a Table .. we have Tables ... Cinnimon mentioned Dishes in her post that prompted this one ..
    OH! How I hope my T-Day Wish would be coming true .. if so .. she says not it's not via the expected method .. *ponders* .. Silverware made by Jewelers? Or, added in as part of the Frostfell Goodies that she mentioned? Last Frostfell included crafting that anyone TS lvl 9 could do, regardless of class.
    *bites on a nail in fustration* I hate not knowing things. :(
  12. ARCHIVED-ShashLigai Guest

you mean there gonna open McDonalds franchise in North Qeynos?
  13. ARCHIVED-Mini Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Hi Domino, Lucutious here. You've done wonderful work thus far and I want to sincerely thank you for that. I see that you mentioned passing the red-headed stepchild badge to a different class, and I believe Weaponsmiths would gladly wear that pin for a GU or two.
    The Temporary Adornments you created were a step in the right direction, but they are either 1-underpowered or 2-cost too much fuel. Maybe move the 2 percentage based increases to 5%, and the DPS mod to 20 or even 25, and I think that would be a good thing. The other option would be to lower the fuelcost. Sitting at 5 gold each, they aren't going very fast, if any at all.
    The weapons themselves are almost where they need to be, a wee bit better would be perfect in my opinoin. I have 1 of everything on the broker, including all our adornments and whatnot, and the only things that seem to sell - even slowly - are the throwing weapons.
    Please, don't worry about adding more weapons whatsoever, not even in future expansions. We have plenty of weapons per level / tier, and with crafting writs I'm not sure how we could ask for any more combines. Heck, you can take a few away if you wanted to really.
    The biggest things that would help us are tweaking those temporary adornments just a little. I'd prefer a bump in stats instead of lowering the cost, but either way would work honestly
    Thanks Domino
  14. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

If WSmiths get worked on I think it should be in the way of respecing the stats on existing weapons. Since the DW changes, it left a LOT of weapons with the exact same stat makeups and only a different look/type.

One example is the Long Sword, Short Sword, and Crescent Axe. All have the same stats, have the same damage ratios, and are slashing weapons only thing going for one over the other two is it's an ax (if you're into just wanting axes). And this stuff is across the board with the weapons that got changed from duel wield to one handed.

I'm still curious about the writ status rewards though. If the level 70 T8 writ is meant to pay out LESS status than the level 69 T7 writ, that's cool, just let us know so I can drop the subject. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

ShashLigai wrote:
    Naw. Provisioners are gonna get TV Dinners ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Aiiee! Now I'll fret over this until I know what the method is! And I'm absolutely dying to know what the Frostfell items are this year as I'm hosting a guild Frostfell soiree and am waiting to decorate and provide provender.

<wiggles about impatiently for GU41>
  17. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Just decided to take a screenie of each of the writs in question.

These were taken on my 72 Carpenter but I can get on any one of my crafters and the pay outs will be the same taking crafter level into consideration.
    [IMG]

Coin pay out, exactly the same, and status pay out almost 1k LESS for the T8.
  18. ARCHIVED-ShallaBal Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Domino
    While I am happy for our fellow armorsmith crafters, the discussions should have made clear that the issue with inferior stats for items (especially the discussion around treasured versus mastercrafted in t8) is not only limited to armorers. It goes for weapons as well, and I am sure for the tailors you'll find the same, potentially also for jewelers and woordworkers. It is a more general issue.
    Cheers
    Sha
  19. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I have a suggestion. Make bushes the ONLY node that drop Imbued material with multiple harvests like any other harvest. That would really help!
  20. ARCHIVED-Calatea Guest

Oversight maybe? There is no Expert Elixir of Second Sight in the advanced alchemy books. And please don't say the scroll enchantments were meant to replace them because 1)crit % chances are not equal and 2)every healer/mage i have asked about them are maxed on their +spell damage adn + heal amount.