State of the Tradeskills - last edit 13 May

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-S1lence Guest

Domino....I know ya mean well but crafting over the last 7 months has taken a nose dive. Especially since the Xpac with the TS abilities nerf. I think SONY can do better than to make the loyal ppl who have been crafting on this game for over 3 years feel like second class nerds. If you make a new crafter on sarnak, you will max TS ability to 63/100 at level 20 and that is not acceptable by any means. Why are crafters getting the short stick here?
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

S1lence wrote:
    Wow. I totally and completely disagree with you. Like we're playing totally different games.
  3. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

I've /bugged it but don't see any mention of it in the list (yes, I know not all things can make it to the list but I like to be sure)...

For my Armorer, who is 71 now, doing a T7, level 69 writ affords her MORE status reward than a T8, level 70 writ. Almost like the status rewards are flipped? I'm unsure if any other schools have this issue as well or not. Also unsure about the bonus coin reward as the only thing that really glared at me was the status gain.
  4. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

I /bugged this last night, but thought I would mention it here - I'm not exactly sure it is a bug or if you intended for this. On the Danak faction work orders you need to make 2 combines for each step except for the food - then you have to make 4 combines because the food is only returning 1 item on pristine (except the skyfire wyrm - it works "correctly"). If you intend for us to do 4 combines for the food, it's taking a lot of raws... Also - unrelated - the T8 drink durations seem off. After Dark is a lvl 75 recipe that has 2 stats/5 hour duration and only takes a few raws/fuel, but there are higher level drinks that take more raws/fuel that have much lower duration. At lvl 79 I was disappointed to still be making 1.5 hour duration stuff.
  5. ARCHIVED-toenukles Guest

S1lence wrote:
    ...... what?
  6. ARCHIVED-Elnore Guest

Hello,
    I'm not sure if this is the subject i need to reply to but trade skill potions do not work for T8 items made.
    I recently got to lvl 80 and no matter if i use a TS potion or not, whenever i made a new spell, i always got 3% exp.
    Flurp

** One more thing**
    If this is a bug, should i petition to get my tradeskill potions back? I spent 4 to test this bug out.
  7. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Just wanted to follow this up and state that I have checked the writs for a couple of my other crafters and it is the same for them. I'm thinking this is quite possibly across the board for ALL crafting classes.
  8. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

About the Insight bug...I've been getting Insights with graphics of the spinning shield around my crafters for the past week. Didn't have that just after RoK.

Had a Flawless, had the graphic appear.

Guildee had a Favor and gained a rare.

So things seem to be settling out except for the skill ups. I'm still having my 70+ crafters with 351 to 358 of their level. Their levels are in my sig, current as of today.

That's the only thing I'm really twitching about. I'm starting to have the old problems creep in again of not holding durability.

Patiently waiting and working vitality like a red-headed stepchild...
  9. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    I'm still getting nothing on Insight, although I haven't gotten one today.
  10. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

I got the spinning purple thingie for Insight today for the first time since RoK, so it seems to be baaaack.
  11. ARCHIVED-LordDragone Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I have to agree with Silence on this one. Sorry Calthine you do have a rep of agreeing with everything that goes into the game good or bad.
    The crafting system has steadily gone down hill since they took the sub-combines out. It has been simplified and simplified and simplified to the point they might as well take the last step and make it exactly like the crafting system in WoW. It no longers take any skill to craft. All you have to do is mash the 3 durability buttons and you get a pristine everytime. Oh yeah you no longer get anything except pristine.
    As far as the T8 weapons & armor? Sorry the stats suck. The treasured T8 drops & quested armor is better than my T7 legendary! No one wants the mastercrafted stuff because you get better by doing the quests. How can you say this is better than it was before?
    Crafting is a joke now. The chat ingame has the majority of the adventurers saying it should be removed from the game. Is this the next step Sony is heading towards?
    Now before anyone says anything about me not knowing what I am talking about I leveld 3 crafters to level 50 using the old sub-combine system so yeah, I have been around for over 3 years now.
    BTW....I don't blame you Domino nor your developement team, I blame your superiors. The ones telling you to make these changes. Sorry they are tying your hands like this.
  12. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

LordDragone wrote:
    Have you in fact read the latest updates which were added yesterday? You should be seeing some changes next time Test server updates. I suggest suspending judgement of doom and gloom until then, anyway. :D
  13. ARCHIVED-LordDragone Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I gladly look forward to improvements and changes, I like to craft. In my opinion it adds a needed level of involvment in the game.
  14. ARCHIVED-ShashLigai Guest

WTG Dom!! what i see is a dev who is really listening to her audience. Look at all the lined items in the to-do list. If I responded to my wife's to-do list like that i'd be gettin' lucky every night.
    my only suggestion, fix it if its broke, but don't change it if it ain't.
    keep up the good work. I for one appreciate it.
  15. ARCHIVED-DrMod Guest

DominoDev wrote:
  16. ARCHIVED-Avokk Guest

Any ETA for the AA spec switch item ??

I'm like going nutz for that thing ! NEED IT NOW !
  17. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Avokk wrote:
    I think we're aiming for GU41 but I could be mistaken, in which case it would be GU42. I know the bits I was doing are done but not sure where the others working on it got to. I'm sure you'll see the notes when it heads to Test server, anyway! :D
  18. ARCHIVED-Avokk Guest

Will you marry me ?

Thanks and don't worry i'll be reading those patch notes !
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Avokk wrote:
    We need to start a Paypal fund and buy Domino a cruise or something, lol. Shares in Godiva Chocolate. A pedicure. Something :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Avokk Guest

Wish there would be such an amazing dev that would look into wizards only !