State of the Tradeskills - last edit 13 May

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Thank you SO much, Domino! Can't thank you enough...and please pass along the thank you's to your team. I do have a couple of suggestions, but I'll put them in the right thread so this one's not hijacked. I've already 8 of the crafters, have a guild Armourer, but now I'm considering making one again? I blame you. :wink: Thank you again!
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Syndic wrote:
    I still wait for the loading screen everytime I open the door to the Kele Tradeskill "Instance".
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Thaych wrote:
    You have some very good Ideas here and some I don't agree with however you may want to repost this in the Sugjestions thread so she can find it in 6months when she has a chance accually look at our sugjestions, she has to finnish the huge backlog of sugjestions left on the Previous Tradeskill Devs desk first;)
    I also would like to say your doing an Awsome job Domino and IMO the best and most importaint part is the amount of contact you keep with the community.
  4. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

While I appreciate the work you're doing on tradeskills, these seem like tiny band-aid fixes which don't do anything about the major underlying problems which make tradeskilling undesirable to most people.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

And those are? For myself, I've never seen a game where most people actually like trades unless it can be macro'd or handed to them. I stress most. Tradeskills by and large in an adventure game, in most games period, are a niche activity unless somehow forced. What do you feel the flaws are in this one? For Domino herself, she may just be grabbing the low hanging fruit while contemplating the deeper issues. RoK is upcoming and she can only do so much.
  6. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

A wonderfull summary and nice to have the links there so our trade addled brains dont have to rember the articles. At the risk of this becoming another thank you D thread thank you Domino.
    Only one minor problem with all the new armors, " Some appearance changes to crafted chain and plate armors (link); " It seems to confirm the rumors that they make every one appear to be a slightly plump cheefull halfling, i dont think the trolls are going to like the change.
  7. ARCHIVED-Koltran Guest

Is there any chance that some recipes for items usable by trade skill classes can be added? What I mean is Things that have out of combat power regeneration adds, adds for durability arts, adds for progress arts, or goodness me, an tab in AA for your trade skill profession that does nice things to the reaction arts and other related skills. Also, I have a pet issue: The broker window allows searches for modifiers, but only on the most basic things. I would like a way to search for a special skill or proc on the broker, such as "Intuition" or "Sanguine Feedback". Easy enough to do if a an extra search field were added to the advanced popup that did a query on proc entries.
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

*snort* Thanks, I needed that.
  9. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

I dont think that link is right ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

greenmantle wrote:
    No. Uz like halflings slightly plump - taste better.

Tuknuk the Troll.
  11. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Link fixed, thanks. :D And no eating the halflings!! We're terrible for your cholesterol levels. Much more meat on a half elf anyway. ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I was hoping for more info not a link back to that post :(

Ah well I am just happy you are thinking about it .. (btw .. RoV has some nice sconces that make green light .. hint hint)
  13. ARCHIVED-DarrkElf Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I've been laughing my *** off about the rare drops in game, for every person that wants them more frequent there's someone else that thinks they are not rare enough. I love the idea of a jumjum Jello-wrestling match to settle it :twisted:
  14. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Half-elves, dwarves and elves give enough for a good family meal. Dark-elves do tend to be bitter, and the necromancers especially should be avoided. The flavour of rotting flesh and formaldehyde is very hard to disguise, and being attacked by the left-overs tends to upset your digestion.

A sweet, plump halfling with jum-jum sauce is excellent for a romantic dinner for two. Only sharing a pair of froglok legs rivals it.

A single troll can also enjoy a froglok leg without being wasteful, since if you leave the other attached to the body and cauterize the cut to prevent infection it will keep for several days (and is unlikely to get far away).
    A gnome or ratonga also makes a good meal for one, but remember to only use healthy ones and wash them throughly before cooking as they often come from the sewers.

Cooking tips courtesy of Tuknuk the Troll.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tikku Lilledrum Guest

Oh no! No toon eating in here as well. One of our guild officers is an ogre, who keeps reminding me how tasty us gnomes are...so please.

And on topic, yummie ts goodies to come! Keep up the good work. Very very excited about the ts-quests and "provisioners in particular" part. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Can you look at the overclocked hovering device as well. Currently after casting if you unequip the device it will dismount you from the cloud. Since you actually pay per charge, this is not very nice. It is bad enough that you have to recast after any griffin/horse/cloud travel, not being able to swap out the device after casting makes this really nice looking mount nothing more than fluff. There is one time you can remove it without dismounting. That is when it is out of charges .. why ? no idea.
  17. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Updated with a link to a new interview Gnobrin the gnome has done with the Kelethin and Neriak faction merchants!
  18. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Very Nice !!

Now I am going to need to grind out lots of writs ;) ... my guildmates are gonna love me :p
  19. ARCHIVED-Wolvens Guest

Thanks for keeping us updated Domino. Your hard work is truly appreciated. Tell SOE I said to give you a pay raise. ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Littles Guest

Winter wrote:
    Here's is my pink Hyru I worked so hard for when they came out, and my pink Outfit. BTW my char name is Pinky:
    http://xultima-onlinex.tripod.com/Shopping.html