State of the Ranger as of 6/05/10 - Section 2 Proposed Solutions - Section 3 Wish List

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Mathrin, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I won't fully disagree with rangers being a 'mixed' type of archetype. But its extremely forced in terms of performing the best we can. With that best not even being up to par. Last thing I think of a master archer doing is periodically getting melee range by choice to melee, or staying extremely close so it can both melee and shoot the enemy with its bow. I mean its just plain silly. Other MMO's with archer type classes don't do this. They don't weigh hugely useful skills on the archer melee side, they do it to the ranged side. I shouldn't be fighting to stay 5 meters i should be fighting to have as much space between the enemy and myself as possible! Melee skills should be last resort/situational skills for rangers, not on their regular rotation, and so high up in priority.
  2. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

at least bloody reminder has a slightly longer range then our other melee arts
  3. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

Daenee@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Well, I was responding to nock who's post made it seem like she felt ranger was the only logical option for doing ranged dps.
    I could have reworded that as "And if you wanted to range and not suck, perhaps you should look into the finger wagglers." But that probably would have been seen as argumentative, so I'm glad I didn't go that route.
  4. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    When soloing I'd totally agree but when you're grouped or raiding that logic gets you into trouble. The thing that worried me when fyreflyte made that statement about keeping at range is just how much range is he talking? If you get too far from your mob in group/raid settings sooner or later you're going to start missing buffs and heals.
  5. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well that was just to point out if anything, we should be extreme range not 4-5 meters. I wouldn't worry about them making it so we have to be 40 meters to fight proper though heh. Would still like to see ranged versions of all our melee CA's in the TSO tree. Same requirements even, like needing to be stealth and/or behind the target. Make them share timers with their melee counterparts so we can't just double up on them all, kind of like the wizards group and self evacs. then maybe give them a rangery twist. Even after all this though, we would still need a DPS boost lol. More I think about the more I like the idea of some buff that turns our melee stuff into ranged, reduces ranged reuse and increase ranged damage for maybe a defense penalty of some sort. What ever it is they do to boost our ranged ability though, and make us more competitive pure ranged with other DPS, would basically have to **** our melee CA DPS, otherwise people would just stay 4-5 meters anyway and get even a bigger boost using the melee CA's.
  6. ARCHIVED-Coldel Guest

Nevao wrote:
    I use Macros for all of my melee CAs that switch the range auto attack back on as soon as the CA is cast, it sucks but it works.
  7. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

So do a lot of rangers, but its not 100% and has secondary problems. I can't imagine this is something that hard to implement, it has no balance concerns. Plus you think someone like Rothgar would welcome it since it would cut down on the amount of macros in the game world by a lot.
  8. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Right, like when there's really any amount of server lag going on -- which is pretty for the majority of prime time play every day for those of us on a heavy load server -- the macros don't work. Cast melee CA, get small delay between when casting finishes and the CA actually fires off due to server lag, ranged auto-attack macro fails to go off in this delay, melee auto-attack goes off instead.
    Not to mention any time I have to switch between melee and ranged auto-attack while the all the server lag is going on, I get an additional pause before it fires again like I do after casting a CA.
    Either one of two things is needed. An option for ranged auto-attack default as was discussed long ago. Or ranged versions of melee CAs on the same timers. Or heck, both would be nice.
  9. ARCHIVED-Macooju Guest

I think an awesome utility for rangers would be to give them a buff that gives someone else in the group one of their concentration slots (it uses up one of the ranger's, and gives the target an extra). Rangers are the masters of focus and concentration right? Well all I know is that a buff like this would be completely unique and put us right in the groups we want to be in (coercer and dirge).
  10. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

If they won't fix flurry to work on bows, I'm sure they don't want to take the time to code something like that in. Not a bad idea though....
  11. ARCHIVED-dragonlady1977 Guest

It would be nice to have a group wide hate decrease buff or something. Or something to balance the counter parts hate transfer.

I stopped playing my ranger for anything but bg since she always gets the short end of the stick for dps...
  12. ARCHIVED-donilla Guest

On top of all tweeks, fixes and changes being proposed, there is one basic problem that if addressed, may go a long way to setting things up for Rangers and changes in the future.....separate us from assassins.
    I agree with a previous poster, sins are now rogues, and rangers should be a distinctly separate class at this point. Lets stop trying to balance rangers and sins and accept that they bear almost no similarities at this point. Break them apart and start making a ranger line unique to rangers.
  13. ARCHIVED-jjlo69 Guest

lol this post is mute please refer eq2wire.com for interveiw with xelgad

uncle