State of the game?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Mike JezZ, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Mike JezZ New Member

I keep hearing that this game is dead, and DayBreak probably closes the game this year.

What is the state of the game? I am in Europe if that makes any difference.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

It's not dead. It's not in it's hay day, but certainly not dead.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Change the channel. These rumors never made much logical sense.
    You heard more precisely? Month and day. My carp needs to know what to write on coffins for my other toons, ..and put them .. next to fountains in personal houses. But seriously, this is not the far first (and alas, not the last) disseminator of these rumors. The only thing that can happen badly (due to politically motivated sanctions) is the closure of access for players from individual countries. But in this case, for them (us) and Windows (updates and support) will not be available
  5. Mucko Member

People have been saying that since 2004.
    ConcealFate, Geroblue, Dude and 3 others like this.
  6. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Lemme see..... summer ethereals events: check.
    New expansion to level 120 announced: check
    Now, sure, the sky could fall tomorrow or the holding company could cut its losses and run.
    But folks have been predicting the imminent doom of this game for 14 years. So, when it finally does sunset, those same chicken littles will scream, "SEE? SEE? It shut down! We were right!"

You can count on the fingers of one hand the number of MMOs like this one, that have survived so long in running order (not maintenance mode).

Now, before you get on that high horse and tell me that I'm white knighting or a fanboi, consider that I've given SOE/Daybreak a large measure of criticism over the years, and gotten suspended more than once.
    ConcealFate, Raff, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the life of this game is more dependent not on adults. But from children. As long as our and someone’s children play it, until then this game will be alive. And if this is so, then maybe in this forum we should try to write in such a way that the children understand what we are writing here, thinking of themselves as adults?