State of Fighter VoV

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Arclite, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

Is it me or is it just they have forgotten (don't care) about fighters? Legit question, can't access the discord channel but I wonder if our usual "dream team" of devs have any concerns about what we said to them in beta, last expansion, the year before that and the year before that. The only thing I can say for sure that some classes are either dev's favourite or there is a large vocal community of players who get their way on some classes.

Is anybody challenging (or whinning like some other classes do) the devs on Discord about the state of fighters, any tank balance on the horizon or are we resting on Kander's grand plan?
    Aethos likes this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Being as they ban/silence anybody that dissents with how theyre doing things, no?

Add to that the fact that every non tank appears to think tanks should just stand there and taunt without having ever tanked or played one themselves, and any issues are effectively drown out with useless diatribe from folks that dont have a clue as to what a tank is anymore.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

If I cared enough about these forums, I would make that my signature.
    Priority likes this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

So Devs, anything at all?

I mean a hello would probably be something nice indicating that at least one of you read this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Aethos, Rayth and Arclite like this.
  6. InquisitiveRat Shy Artist

It's a shame Devs seem to well... ignore posts that give any sort of criticism, whether it's bad or good, it's no wonder why EQ2's in such bad shape. They need to listen to their community, otherwise, said community will eventually leave for a better MMO. There's people like me who deeply care about the EQ series and want to see the series succeed again instead of the series fading more and more into obscurity. The series will never see success ever again if the devs continue this childish behaviour of "LALALA, NOT LISTENING".

Seriously, most EQ2 players I met moved to ESO or FF14 because of EQ2's lack of improvement and EQ2's dev's blatant negligence of the game. There's so many damn things that need to be fixed but never will be fixed because they just don't care. At this point, it would be merciful to just shut down the game instead of just using it as a cash cow.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

For all EQ2's faults, it's still probably a close third in best MMO's behind FFXIV and WoW. Although really FFXIV is the only "good" game in the whole genre if you ask me, the rest of them would make up a list of "the least terrible". And personally I can't stand FFXIV. For all its quality, I dunno. I just can't help hating it. If you were thinking of quitting EQ2, I'd suggest not looking at other MMO's as you'll only end up bored and lonely. Single player or co-op games with a good modding community and an active Discord, they make a good substitute for an MMO community.
  8. InquisitiveRat Shy Artist

Oh no, I am not quitting EQ2, I already realized how fruitless the effort of looking for a better MMO is. ESO is the only MMO that comes close to being like EQ2 to me and I do like ESO but.. I have more problems with it than I do with EQ2...

To be honest, I am surprised you consider it one of the top 3, EQ2 has been on life support for a decade and it has way more problems than any MMO should ever have, it's also very anti-newbie/returner, only catering to those who have never put the game down, there's too many redundant skills/classes, the UI is very clunky and unintuitive and it's horrendously outdated with like EVERYTHING. As much as I like EQ2, those are it's glaring problems.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Believe me, I've looked around. The genre is full of so much trash, I genuinely would put EQ2 3rd. But that's far from a compliment. As I said, it's the 3rd least terrible, but it still IS terrible.