State of DoV Raiding Templar

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Darkc, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

I liked the idea of turning Mana Cure into a second group cure and changing the aa around to speed up it's reuse. Would be a really quick fix actually. If all Templar's betrayed they would believe they were in need of some love and probably do some work, but as long as it's a class on ftp they'll only see the numbers and how many people have one...they won't check to see how many are under level 20.
  2. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

I just have to ask does any red text give a flying crud about the state of the templar class anymore heck does anyone at soe even play one now in a raid enviroment...I doubt it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meatwaggon Guest

This thread makes me angry. Angry at the lack of attention for so long. Angry at the obvious cluelessness. And most of all, angry at the perfect opportunity that was completely missed for GU63 to have made some minor changes to help bridge the vast chasm in capability and desirability between templars and inquisitors, such as turning Manacure into a straight up 2nd cure. It shows to me that they don't know what's been going on since the launch of DOV and/or they don't give a rat's buttocks because they gave their ear to a few twinks who don't represent the majority experience of templars out in the world. This has become ridiculous. Let's all stop pretending manpower will be diverted from creating more SC items to solve class issues. Want an even more oversized stone block? Coming right up! Want some long overdue changes to templars? When pigs fly!
  4. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Wait until you see that Chilling Invigoration of inquisitors is going to have its reuse reduced from 1m 33 sec down to 6 sec.
    I agree. This thread makes me angry. Templar was my first class and by far my favorite, and I really don't like seeing it getting flushed down the toilet.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tigerr Guest

Turning manacure into a second cure, will NOT help with making the templar more desired. It is completely up to the raid leader to pick from the two, the obvious choice is the inquisitor, and its not just because of the second cure. Right now, there are mystics that can perform better than some defilers, yet some guilds still prefer defiler in MT group and OT.. Templars are amazing healers, they can really pump out more heals than Inquisitors.. but, problem is, a GOOD inquisitor will be more desired than an average templar. Changing the templar class will not help with raids picking templars up. As of right now, guilds use what, no more than 1-2 furies?... Sometimes 0 wardens, should they complain about lack of spots for them?.
  6. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Tigerr wrote:
    Templars having a second group cure would indeed be a first step to balancing. I see the templar's role as a defensive healer that is particularly needed when raids are learning new fights. The extra survivability helps. Later in the expansion, the extra healing from the templar will be less desirable due to gear upgrades. But the lack of a second group cure has actually led to LESS survivability when learning new fights, due to added complexity of having to coordinate group cures.
    More challenging, when it comes to providing balance between templars and inquisitors, is how to make a templar still relevant once the hard fights are done.
    But right now, templars are really not desireable in either situation, whether early or late in an expansion. Period. An average Inquisitor is more desirable than a good templar. And that should not be the case.
  7. ARCHIVED-darkthinker Guest

I would like to add, that since Dov , my Templar character have not been even wanted or invited for group dugeon contents.. always get turn away for "other" classes of healer . one time I was in group . even switch out a dps for inquz, to finish .
    Been ask / told , advice in pm - switch to inquz and raids / group with you .. [sigh] , dont see , it does not even give a leveling templar , a chance to heal and get drop or finish quest in Dov zones
    as for 2nd group cure or what ,, all priests class mech need to taking a look at from dev and over-all major changes / fixs or what
    fact , this would be a good chance for eq2 dev to "refresh" classes and mechics to work better
    better a refresh /over haul of all classes vs some patches or nerf
    btw , not much a raider but when you cannot even get to run regular instance cause of youre class is view as "useless"
    thank you please excuse any poor grammer and such