Starting out with the Far Seas Supply Division (Ship Out quest walkthrough)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ashen1973, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Hi all
    As you probably all know, to start work with the Far Seas Trading Division on the Isle of Mara, you need to complete the Ship Out quest in the Moors of Ykesha first.
    After running through the quest a couple of times myself and being asked about it by guildmates, I knocked up this quick walkthrough.
    I would appreciate any tips anyone has or corrections
    (Also, when you get given the sub-quests, a chest appears next to the NPC. The chest is clickable but nothing seems to happen. Anyone know what these chests are for?)

First get the following items ready in your inventory
    10 raw cranberry
    10 cabilis cocoa bean
    20 ferrite cluster
    10 deklium cluster
    10 redwood lumber
    10 bristled pelt
    10 lichenclover root

25 entwined filament
    25 smoldering coal
    25 redwood kindling
    25 silicate sandpaper
    optional, but can save you a lot of travel time
    at least 2 Portable Sewing tables
    at least 2 Portable Stove and Keg
    at least 2 Portable Woodwork tables

water breathing totems (unless you have water breathing ability)

ok, once you have filled your shopping list, head of to the Moors (get the flying Boat from near the SS docks)

Find Aymee Quickspoke at 1870, 453, 846
    She will give you the quest Ship Out .
    Aymee asks you to assist 6 Far Seas Trading Company Liasons in the Moors.
    Each of these liasons will ask you to complete a quest.

4 of the quests involve crafting 5 items (these all use the geomancy skill and can be slow going) . The other 2 are harvest type quests (No harvest skill is required).

The crafting quest givers will all place a recipe book in your inventory that requires scribing.

Some handy waypoints are
    Landing zone crafting tables/fuel merchant 1846, 453, 842
    Landing Zone Broker 1784, 452, 780
    Landing Zone Banker 1836, 452, 795

Hail Aymee, she will port you to the first quest giver.
    Liason Mug (163, -89, -462) gives the quest Fighting Swamp Foot.
    For this quest you need to craft 40 Ykeshan leather boots (8 per combine).
    (there are no tables here that i could find, so you need to use a portable sewing table or return to the landing zone to craft)
    Once completed and handed in, hail Mug again and he will teleport you to the next location.
    This quest will give you enough status with the other factions to stop you being KoS.

Liason Varick Stoutheart in Tupta (-6, -54, 837) will give you the quest Berry Good, SirThis quest requires you to click 6 berry baskets scattered around the village. You can use the same basket multiple times (about a minute after using it, it becomes useable again) so just find one in a safe spot and use that 6 times.
    Once completed and handed in, hail Varick to be ported to next quest

Liason ZubZub in Grobb (-444, -76, -911) will give you the quest Buckle Down .
    You will be required to craft 100 polished buckles (20 per combine).
    There is a forge nearby you can use.
    Once completed and handed in, hail ZuZub again and he will teleport you to the next location.

Liason Alden in The Overlook (-1117, -104, -271) gives the quest Midday perk .
    You will be required to craft 200 Barrels of ale (40 barrels per combine).
    There are no crafting tables here, so you need to use a portable stove and keg or use the balloon to go to Firmroot Moot and then on to Tupta. Once completed and handed in, hail Alden again and he will teleport you to the next location.

Liason Quinn Wobble at The Shadow Cleft (-1488, -1006, -37) gives the quest Rest for the Weary .
    You will be required to craft 20 sturdy bunk beds (4 per combine)
    there are no crafting tables here so use a portable woodwork table or travel to some crafting tables.
    If you can evac , use that to go to the Landing Zone crafting tables, if not, balloon to The Overlook, Then to Firmroot Moot, then to Tupta.
    Once completed and handed in, hail Quinn again and he will teleport you to the next location.

Agata at the Tillage Patch (-809, -917, -398 ) gives the quest Shards of Luclin .
    You will need to collect 10 Tillage rocks from the bottom of the nearby waters.

Thats all the sub-quests done, now just hail Aymee Quickspoke once more to complete the quest.
    You can now get the new quests etc.. in Mara
    Also, the quest series continues with Termite Troubles . You can receive this quest from Varick Stoutheart, in Tupta, at (-5, -54, 837)
    Take a stack of Smoldering candles with you when you embark on these quests. they are easy to do , just some running between Terens Grasp, Zek, Greater Faydark and The Moors, a little crafting and using an item on some non-agro bugs :)
    The reward for these quests(aside from xp/aa and faction with Guktan Guard) is a cute little termite house pet.
  2. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Very useful guide, I just took some portable crafting tables with me and that made the whole thing much much quicker.
  3. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Adeyia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    good point, i'll add this to the guide :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I'd like to mention that if you don't talk to the Balloon Pad operator at each location you won't be able to get back the easy way :) Should you want to.
    The chests give the recipe's special item, even though it drops into inventory *shrug*
  5. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    ahh, thanks Calthine
  6. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Calthine wrote:
    mmmh, I made a try, talked to no ballon pad operators and was able to come back without any problems, so I don't think it made it to live.
    What is necessary, is to talk to Ember on the dropship landing zone, to get the quest "a canon to sail back". That way, you will be able to take the canon back to dropship landing after doing the quest (her loc is : 1736, 451, 853 )

I like this chest, it was a good idea to have added it. that way, we are certain we will never have problems with the number of special items we need.
  7. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Thanks for posting this, it's a good reference. Doing this initial quest is handy so you don't get attacked by everyone if you go exploring.
    Whether it's worth continuing with the Far Seas is another matter. It seems I recall once before spending weeks to get faction to learn recipes to make special items, only to have very similar items then given as rewards for level 47 quests.
  8. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

I seemed to be able to use all the balloons without actually talking to anyone first. From Firmroot, there is a long list of destinations available upon initial arrival from the dropzone.
    For the crafting quests, I just recalled to my guild hall to do them (not knowing what supplies I was going need). Although it was usually a bit of a journey to balloon back, I was able to cash other quests which I completed along the way on most return trips.
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The balloons worked right away for me. I added a few destinations on the Allakhazam article.

I was the first person to do the first 3 steps on Ship Out on Butcherblock as I got discoes on the recipes and products. ;) Once I saw what had to be made, I posted an ingredient list (including getting totem of the otter) on EQ2 Wikia.

The only thing I didn't have with me was crafting tables, so I ended up doing some exploring going to and from Tupta and eventually giving up and going to the Guild Hall as well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Allyra Guest

Just an FYI, for anyone who didn't click over to the balloon pad list on Alla's: there does not appear to be a balloon landing pad in Grobb. You have to run from Firmroot.
    If anyone *has* found the Grobb balloon pad, please post with a waypoint! :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Nizkayuna@Blackburrow wrote:
    Yes please! I ran all over there the other day looking for it :(
  12. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I couldnt find a balloon in Grob either, i do beleive there was one there during beta at some point.
    Domino has posted in another thread here that the closest balloon is Firmroot Moot.
    I managed to run from Firmroot to Grob with low-adventure levelled chars quite easily
  13. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Doesn't exist anymore. They removed it for reasons only known to them. Have to use Firmroot and the old "OMGIMGOINGTODIEHORRIBLYANDPAINFULLYIFISTOP" method. (actually, it's not that bad even for a lowbie. They did remove a few mobs as well)
  14. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

Oh, yay! A handy list to aid my forgetful head!
    Thanks OP!
  15. ARCHIVED-Allyra Guest

I just ran through this quest with another character. When I started the quest for Quinn (Rest for the Weary), a woodworking table popped up against the wall behind her. It poofed as soon as I finished my last combine. I didn't notice it last night, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there!
  16. ARCHIVED-CityKitty Guest

This is odd. I'm not seeing any reference to having to go out and kill some mobs for faction before being allowed to enter the second place. I don't recall many details but it was after I finished the first items and was sent to the second location (frogs and a treehouse kind of setup). I'm sorry this is so vague because I dumped the quest when I saw that. Did they remove that?
  17. ARCHIVED-Paladin776 Guest

CityKitty wrote:
    When you complete the side quest for Mug in Firmroot Moot, it should give you enough faction to be non-KOS with Tupta (the treehouse place you mention) and Grobb.
  18. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Excellent walkthrough. You should submit that to Allakhazam.
  19. ARCHIVED-CityKitty Guest

Dylara@Crushbone wrote:
    On the strength of what you said, I went back to Mug. I'm standing in front of him, having done his quest, with -37,500 faction with both Guktan Guard and Clan Grobb and -6,500 faction with Survival Accord.
    The only thing Mug offers me is a ride to Tupta. I did the daily quest for Survival Accord given by Hophip in the same location but that did nothing.
    I don't know if it could be a racial thing, or perhaps because I'm 80 adventurer on this char or just what it could be, but it might be a good thing to mention in your writeup. In fact, I think I will go there with a lower adventuring level character and see if that has any bearing on this.
  20. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

CityKitty wrote:
    After completing Mugs quest (Fighting Swamp Foot) you should have received enough faction with the inhabitants of Tupta to be non-KoS.
    The only thing I can think of is, as an 80 adventurer also, you may have killed some creatures somewhere that lower your faction. I havnt come across any that do this myself, but my adventuring around the Moors has been limited as of yet.