Starting Kunark Ascending with an ALT

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Grouse, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Grouse Active Member

I have an alt that just completed the Underdepths Saga and is looking to start the Kunark Ascending Timeline, but I haven't been able to find a starting point. My main on that account has not completed the series, so he can't give him the bauble.

They talk about alts not needing to complete Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil, which is good since they don't seem to get the email needed to start it. However, the very next quest, Kunark Ascending: Opportunity 'Noks, (according to the wiki) requires you to:
    "Speak with Trooper Sotek ( 733, 249, 1334 ) /waypoint 733, 249, 1334. Note: He won't appear without doing the previous "Beyond the Veil" quest."

I used a Cae'Dal Star in our Guild Hall to zone into the Obulus Frontier. It placed me in the Crusader's Cave next to Trooper Sotek, who is quite visible. However, his response to a Hail is "Begone" with only one reply available; "You don't have to tell me twice."

Everything in the cave is agro, which makes sense as the Obulus Frontier factions aren't even have even listed on my charters Faction page.

Question: Will I need to get his tradeskills up to complete the Terrors of Thalumbra Crafting Timeline to be able to start building faction in the Obulus Frontier?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I think the starter is in email.
  3. Grouse Active Member

No email for ALTs -- I also checked the the mail dude at the Isle of Mara and he said I didn't have any missing mail.
  4. Grouse Active Member

I checked my other alts -- they all got access through the Crafting Timeline. That is how they got their initial faction to everything and access to the Crusader's Cave through Trooper Selisk, using a disguise.
  5. Grouse Active Member

Well, I believe I have discovered the route...

I got the alt's crafting level to 100 and started the tradeskill line in Maldura. That sent me out into the "forest" outside of the city and I discovered Queen Alwenielle waiting for me with a book over her head. The end result; I now have Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil in my journal. I'm not quite sure what triggered this, but I will test it on my other alts going forward.
    Prissetta likes this.