start up progression raid guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by rixxa, Dec 18, 2014.

1. rixxa Member

hello

I am 6 year plus vet player who is looking for some like-minded players
    to begin and build a progression guild which is slow paced and as traditional as possible. I am seeking participants who will be actively involved in the formation as well as continued success of the guild. Monthly meeting for building the guild will be held and attendance is encouraged. All events will be posted on in-game calendar.
    Below I will outline some of the high points:

1...Starting characters should be below level 50 with a blank AA Profile for raiding available. Re-roll characters are encouraged but not mandatory. In-game voice chat capability for guild and group is also encouraged but not required. The ability to hear during raids is required. Server and guild name can be determined in this post. Deadline for guild creation is December 28, 2014. If interested, reply to this post. Characters will meet at noon EST on 12/28/14 on the Gorowyn Docks. All announced times will be in EST United States.

2... This will be a level locking guild that progresses by expansion, adding levels and AA's when appropriate to the expansion. The first lock will be at level 50, with No AAs....(AA,s may be used when not raiding as you see fit), to maintain the traditional atmosphere for the raiding. An honor system will be used, asking that you refrain from purchasing equipment for the broker and avoiding Agnostic and DM equipment, as well as MC Fabled gear. Quest obtained and crafting equipment would be preferred to maintain atmosphere and allow for completion of raid goals.
    Starting with Shatteredlands, advancement to the next expansion will happen when all Major Non-Contested raid mobs have been killed twice, 2 tier epics have been obtained by 2 different players and all Hall trophies have been obtained.

3...DKP system will be used for all raid loot, not awarded as the result of quests. Points are allocated as follows: 10 points for arriving on time and being prepared. 10 points for being present at the conclusion of the raid. 5 points for every major raid mob down during your participation in the raid. 5 points for attendance at writ events. When loot is to be awarded, an auction will be held in raid chat with a minimum bid of 25 DKP. Unclaimed loot will be transmuted. DKP will be reset with every expansion. 10% of DKP will be carried over at reset.

4...THE BOOK: A book will be placed in the guild hall with a list of priority quests, including DKP awards for completion. These quests will advance raid objectives and prepare guild for larger and more powerful raid mobs. Book quests represent hallmark, heritage and signature quest lines where available by expansion.

5.... SCHEDULE: Raids will occur 3 nights per week, for approximately 2 hours each, or until objective is reached. Writ event, both crafting and adventure, for guild leveling will occur once per week for 1 hour. Raid and writ nights and times will be voted on by members.

6...ORGANIZATION: Guild leader duties are to guide and maintain guild charter and atmosphere. Prime Officer is the senior officer and has same responsibilities and duties as guild leader. Lore Master's primary duty is to write the book and update it to the current expansion. They will also assign DKP awards to various quests inside book per expansion and coordinate with raid master. Raid Master leads and schedules all raid events, coordinates with lore master. Recruiters find new and veteran players with like mindsets. Crafting Liason will set up craft area, assemble amentities necessary to facilitate crafting portion of guild activity. Also responsible for hall decoration. Any officer may promote another player to hold any office equal to or beneath their own in order to assist them in carrying out their duties. Initial applications will be taken for all positions at start of guild. Subsequent promotions will happen on merit basis. Vacancy in a major office position must occur before any other player may be promoted to office. A monthly officer meeting will be held, to be scheduled in advance. Attendance for all officers is expected except in extreme circumstances.

Thank you for your interest. I look forward to hearing from many of you and beginning our new adventures.
    Ecugia88, ConcealFate and Treat like this.
  2. Cobix New Member

What server is this going to be on?
  3. rixxa Member

server is up for debate, I really have no preference other then no PvP server if you have a suggestion please feel free
  4. Cobix New Member

I just returned after about a 3 years. I have all my toons on Everfrost. I am willing to start a total new toon on a different server or I do have a brigand that is around level 15. I have several high level characters, but have not used them as I am so unfamiliar with the what has happened since my departure. I love the ideas you have and would love to participate if my home life cooperates. If we did choose Everfrost all my high level toons are skilled craftsman.

Cobix
  5. rixxa Member

well I was hoping to get feedback on which server to start guild on from some founding members so everfrost is as good as any to me ....if you get me a char name ill try to get in contact with you
  6. Cobix New Member

Havuck hope to be on tonight for a bit. Traveling out of town in the morning. I love your ideas and hope some others will as well.
  7. Abramov New Member

I may be up for joining as well. Sounds like fun! Please post or PM me details as to server, etc...
  8. Azeren Member

Yes, I'd also love to do some progression raiding, can make a toon on any server for it, as long as it wouldn't interfere with current raiding/work schedules for me, can reply with details when the server is fully decided on. :)
  9. Cobix New Member

Talking to Rixxa tonight I think we will be going on Everfrost server. Glad for the interest and as details are worked out we will post more. Our toons on Everfrost server are (Me) Havuck and (Rixxa) Oipei. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling. Thanks for the replies.
  10. rixxa Member

the server at this time is leaning towards Everfrost no talks about schedule have happened so please let us know ....the planned day for guild creation is 12/28/14 I have a character on there now...named Rixxia and another interested party named Havuck
  11. Trasor Active Member

I would actually encourage you guys to maybe try this on Nagafen, I have a feeling you would be surprised at the interest. In addition, you can use both pve and pvp adornments on our server, effectively providing a more loving introductory raid environment!
  12. slaan New Member

I am just now returning to the game after a pretty long break and I've always wanted a progression-type gameplay to relive the old days of EQ2. all my toons are on perma at the moment but i'd be more than happy to start up a brand new toon to come and join you! Is Everfrost as the server set in stone?
  13. rixxa Member

Slaan, Axeren, Abramov,

it seems Everfrost is front runner for server and a few names have been dropped in previous posted on this thread for in game contacts

Please contact one of us, Rixxia or Havuck in game, more will be added to list hopefully soon
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

Random feedback, AB has several content progression guilds and I see at least one or two questions about a lower level one almost everyday in general chat. It also has probably quadruple the population of Everfrost. If no one is heirlooming or brokering stuff for their reroll toons, I'd recommend going where the primary population and interest lies.

Also as someone that's been in multiple of these type of guilds over the years, you're going to find that if you try to stay true to AA limits and disallowing newer OP gear, the raids get quite difficult around TSO and require 3full groups of dedicated players. I've seen guilds stay in xpacs for years trying to keep to their original vision, but unable to get past the content due to difficulty and lack of raid turnout. Recruitment will become an issue on any other server and will likely become an issue even on AB if you don't create an alliance of sorts with other guilds.

G'luck though!
  15. rixxa Member

bump for effect
  16. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

so are Rixxia and Havuck on Everfrost? Im very interested

ps. I agree with the last poster about being on AB simply for the high population, but im willing to go elsewhere
  17. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

18. Cobix New Member

Everyone that is interested just wanted to let you know that we just had a leaning towards everfrost. AB is a very likely choice as well. I'm sure when we do get this thing rolling Rixxa will do what will be best for guild to have a chance at success. If it is playing on AB I am confident that we will start it there. Nothing is set in stone. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Since AB has the highest population by far I think it is the best choice imo. I think progression guilds are great. Best of luck with your endeavor! :)
  20. Satarie Member

I would be interested in joining.. its been awhile I have a few toons in the lower lvls AB server would be a good choice if it has more players, but would be willing to play on everfrost too. Name on Everfrost is Charrie