Stamina, Agility, and Str - How they effect you.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Noah, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Thor Guest

I did a quick check by eating candide nuts that gave me +11 to Wis.

The left screenie of the persona shows me unbuffed and the right persona after I have eaten the nuts and added 11 to Wisdom.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Thanks

Wisdom Breakdown effect on Resistances
    Pre 89 / have yet to test
    89 - 100 / 3 resist per wis
    100 + / have yet to test

If we could get others to post it would help fill in the data.
  3. ARCHIVED-jb- Guest

Anybody mind telling me exactly how many hitpoints you guardians get with all master HP/STA buffs at level 60?
  4. ARCHIVED-Wabit Guest

return to battle M1 = 511 HP
    steely conviction M1 = 52 sta : under the cap its ~4.9hp per sta
  5. ARCHIVED-zBetrayer Guest

From What i have seen...in my 58 seasons as a barbarian Guardian is...

Wisdom - effects your resists (good for group/raid tanking)

Agility - effects your ability to avoid being hit (also good for tanking)

Stamina - lets you get hit more by increasing mitigation and health? (also good for raiding)

But for SOLO..

STRENGTH - it adds to your attack rating and effects dmg multipliers.

my solo philosophy.. Get a 2 hand Crush weapon and kill them quick so you dont have to avoid hits (agility) or take hits (stamina) you can also manage caster (resists.. or wisdom) by using the stun, or interupt spells at the right times.

when raiding or grouping.. suck up those 1000 dmg swings of the 2 handers and put on the shield, change the rings, and change the Hex dolls out.

just cary a bag so you can change your playstyle, depending on the situation...
  6. ARCHIVED-FallenFeather Guest

Noah wrote:
    There is a new cap now init ?
  7. ARCHIVED-MarquisDesade Guest

These numbers are old and outdated with the new caps.
  8. ARCHIVED-rosie01 Guest

Gentlemen, and Ladies,

I come from DDO and it took me a LONG time to understand and build a proper character there.
    In EQII, I have no real understanding yet of how each skill and attribute affect a character.
    I just recently made a guardian, I have a warlock, Paladin, Warden, Fury and a Monk as well.
    Where can I go to read and learn about skills, spells, combat arts, etc.
    One of you spoke of attack numbers. I have yet found where it tells me what my attack is.
    How does wisdom and intelligence affect a character. What does each do?
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    I want to learn the game LOL. I just need to know where I can look for find answers ;-)
  9. ARCHIVED-dirtymeat80 Guest

rosie01 wrote:
    There's normally an FAQ for each class (you're of course already in the Guardian forum) and you can also check out eq2i.com it's the wiki site for EQ2 and has a ton of information.

Basic Rundown
    STR - Higher melee damage, and also effects how much weight you can hold
    STA - Health
    INT - Spell damage
    WIS - Spell Resistance (incoming damage)
    AGI - Chance to dodge

With that said, each class will have a stat or two that's their bread & butter. Mages for example want to stack INT as it not only increases their spell damage, but also their power pool. Scouts power pool will come from AGI. Should be a few posts around somewhere that'll explain better than I.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Britty Guest

This is screaming for an update as this is inaccurate now since the advent of DoV