Stamina, Agility, and Str - How they effect you.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Noah, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Noah Guest

Since we have some new very nice items that raise these attributes (dolls - ring buffs) I thought I would post a break down of the tiers of effectiveness for these attributes.

Stamina breakdown effect on Hitpoints
    Pre 100 - 199 / 12.56 hps per sta
    200 - 419 / 4.415 hps per sta
    420 + / sub 4 hps per sta
    700 or so seems to be the cap (710 to 720 does not increase hps).
    Note: Some INT might have affected these numbers. I am netting 1 hp per 5 int atm.

Agility Breakdown effect on Avoidance
    Pre 100 / roughly .11% per agi
    100 - 427 / roughly .05% per agi
    407+ / have yet to test
    Seems to cap early - anything past 600 doesn't move avoidance.

Strength Breakdown effect on Power
    Pre 75 / 5 power per str
    75 - 200 / 4.5 power per str
    200-400 / close to 4 per str (averages around 3.7)
    400-700 / 2 or less per.
    700+ / no movement on any stat (power or attk).
    Note: You get increased damage different tiers of Str. I dont remember the tiers but there is a post about it by Moorgard in one of the updates.

When it comes to the lower lvls and tweaking equipment, I guess I would shoot for 100+ agi and 200+ sta (group buffed). Str is not something I would worry about all that much but I guess getting to 100 for the damage bonus is nice.

I am pretty well rounded when it comes to stats. Raid buffed I am sitting usually all 400-420 in all 3 attributes. After that point I am usually just looking for AGI to pump up the avoidance. If your looking to max HPs in a group then go for the +hp buffs that other classes offer since once you have a Mystic and Trouba - your prolly going to get the most bang for your buck on these attributes.

As far as dolls/ rings go - Rings are great since you dont have to wear them to keep the buff and dolls are annoying since if you want to min/max there is a ton of flipping out the manastone (wtb hotswap weapons/activatibles/etc). Can get the rings cheap since they only need to be bloodstone (sta/agi/str) and harvest the lumi/glow etc etc. Dolls are not so cheap if you want the best ones.

Increase SKILLs are the biggest way to impact the character performance thou. There are new weapons/armor that have +1 def / +2 slash / etc etc. 5 points in a skill means you are 1 lvl better at it.

All in all though, min/maxing is not needed in the game to be successful. If it is something you enjoy doing, great. Will it save your life, maybe 1 time out of 1000. I would focus on just pure player skills - agro management/ buff maintaining/ pull techs - which generally are not difficult but it seems people have issues learning.
    Message Edited by Noah on 02-13-200610:30 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Anomas Guest

Thansk for the post bro =) Glad we had that chat.. Helped a bunch..
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], 400~420 in all stats raid buffed :eek:
  4. ARCHIVED-Zappo_bb Guest

The 100 stat soft cap is for lvl 50. when I was 34ish I did some test and found +agi started giving me nearly no defensive (this was pre-mitigation/avoid patch). after that, I aimed for stam because i already had uber ratonga agi.
    to make a long post short-- building a well rounded char is best. power to my unbuffed 80 stam and 101 agi.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rahge Guest

Is there any information on STR scaling to damage, i.e X amount of STR provides X additional DPS?
    Rahge
  6. ARCHIVED-Gilgalon Guest

The party line ( what SOE says ) is located at the below URL:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=chars&message.id=5736&query.id=0#M5736

Haven't seen any independant parsing of damage vs STR.
  7. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Ive made 450 sta pre dolls.. you can do sick stuff with enough buffs.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chanliang Guest

Basically for well rounded fighter, perhaps scout too you should try to get all str/agi/sta to 100+ to get most benefits out of abilities in normal situations like solo/small groups/normal groups. Raids are a bit different... I wonder how easy/hard and what levels you can get that selfbuffed for example. With my 35 mystic I can break 100 with str and sta but agi is still quite far away from 100. 2 agi hex dolls will bring it close but not enough. Hmm might be able to use agi buffs from imbued rings... I think it'll take quite longer for my berserker to get all 3 skills 100+.

Is there anywhere written down how much abilities you get when you level or do you get them at all if you don't take traits, haven't really checked it??
  9. ARCHIVED-Erinyee Guest

so what doll should Guardian equip? stamina? Strength or Agility?
  10. ARCHIVED-Axor Guest

As a 50 guardian i have 116 str 101 agi and 130 sta fully unbuffed and with 1 doll ( the other doll is agi one when im raid tanking and not using mana stone )

To this you can add rings buffs and self buffs, if you in raid with a bard and a shamy with you the stats fly up, but anyway i think when u get that amounts of sta the best you can do is focus on agi.

I would say you need to balance it all, HP are really important even there is no CH they still needed to let clerics refresh heals before your bar is purple :)

Beside that i would say go for sta till you have a nice hp pool then focus on agi.

Str isnt something im really worried about .. much less with the prismatic sword out there.

Axor
    Crushbone
  11. ARCHIVED-Drulak Guest

Any of you 50's got into potions yet ? My alchie is only 35 - so still using relatively low stuff. But the stat buff potions last for 30 mins and give +14 agi (level 32 potion) there is also a +14str/sta potion. Then u get the health pool / power pool and AC stat potions - all of them last 30 mins.
    Just wondered what stats u got too with the potions quaffed on top of group buffs. I.E. are they any use in raids / xp grps etc - or just useful for tough mob soloing ??

Cheers.
  12. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

Am I the only one who thinks this is THE biggest problem in the game right now?
  13. ARCHIVED-Noah Guest

Get ready to find some Wis gear.... this will become an important attribute come the "fix".
  14. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

Heh, I'm human. My stats are fairly balanced. I'm ready for any nerf.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wabit Guest

unbuffed i have: +12 agi and +12 sta dolls
    5018 health 135 str
    2121 power 156 agi
    802 attack 134 sta
    53.6% mit 65 int
    67.2% avoid 80 wis

selfbuffed with same gear, 3 ring buffs, 3 HP buffs (i picked the wrong training choice), no food
    6458 health 172 str
    2281 power 170 agi
    842 attack 174 sta
    53.6% mit 65 int
    70.7% avoid 80 wis

also seems that if i put on a +1 defence wrist i bump my avoid up to 71.1% (that would be 280 defence total)

Wabit
  16. ARCHIVED-Knightrider Guest

I hit 490 STA last night while doing Brutal Acts of War. The HP is still ~ 4.4hp per. It's probably safe to say there's no real cap on the 4.4hp per STA.
    Heisenberg 50 Guardian
    Dirac 50 Warlock
    Iniquity-Oasis
  17. ARCHIVED-Teeuffel Guest

I didn't get 12.56 hps per stamina...is that just for guardians? I got about half of that at 80ish stamina.
  18. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

12.4 is 50 guard. Lower level is less. Other classes is less. Guards get most HP per sta.
  19. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Anybody have the stats on how Wisdom affects resistances?
  20. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

I buff myself with my T5 imbued ring and it adds like 30 to all resists. So you get something like 2-3 points of resist per point of wisdom. I group with a warden all the time and he buffs something like 100 wisdom. I don't pay all that much attention but my resists are definatly higher with him in group. I can check exactly tonight if you want based on my pre-ring buff numbers and post ring buff numbers. Though I'd probably embarass me to post those numbers here.